Random Shot: 2011 Continental GT

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

The Continental GT first came out in 2003, and (along with the Flying Spur variant) has been a common sight on Malaysian roads. The second generation Continental GT was revealed in November 2010, and was finally launched in Malaysia in June 2011. Up till now, I've yet to see one on our roads.

I guess it makes a little sense why this particular unit has got UK plates on, still.

The new Continental GT maintains the W12 engine twin-turbo powerplant from before, power hike included. 567hp and 700Nm or torque help this monster of a vehicle do the century sprint in 4.6secs and all the way to a top speed of 318km/h. Remember, this car weighs 2.3 tonnes, so the stats are really quite incredible!

Whilst a 4.0 litre V8 variant is also available, I have a feeling that there will be more W12s on our roads...

Attachments

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It has got a valid UK roadtax till February 2012 tho..

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Spotted at Pavilion about a week ago.. Wonder why the owner didn't bother to go for Valet parking? :confused:

Last edited:

mozeyn

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the car is not lowered compared to ferrari's and lambo's..so no point parking at the jockey..unless u a poserrssssss..hehe

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
the car is not lowered compared to ferrari's and lambo's..so no point parking at the jockey..unless u a poserrssssss..hehe
its actually for safety reason a car that cost this much should be parked with valets IMO at least will be a bit safer than regular parking

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Exactly. If I have a car that costs that much I wouldnt wanna risk parking it at the basement.. Furthermore, sometimes it's cheaper to park at valet than basement if u're gonna be there for a long time..

And it's a Bentley. U're saying it's not on par with Ferraris & Lambos in terms of wow factor, mozeyn?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Exactly. If I have a car that costs that much I wouldnt wanna risk parking it at the basement.. Furthermore, sometimes it's cheaper to park at valet than basement if u're gonna be there for a long time..

And it's a Bentley. U're saying it's not on par with Ferraris & Lambos in terms of wow factor, mozeyn?
in my books its higher than ferraris and lambos so are aston martins :biggrin:

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
You want Bentley? Here's a Wald Bentley Continental GT Black Bison... and its in Miri.

mozeyn

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Pavillion basement parking are safe..its not lowyat or plaza imbi,that another story..Maximum rate for the basement pavillion is RM15 while jockey is RM20 per entry.

U imagine if u parked at peak days such as saturday/sunday,probability ur car being moved by jockeys is high due to the crowded/packed cars at the jockey pavi nowadays..For me i dont let my cars been touch by the jockeys..anything can happen..

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

unless u hold the keys dat shud be okay..dat means ur car is permenantly park till u finish ur shopping

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Pavillion basement parking are safe..its not lowyat or plaza imbi,that another story..Maximum rate for the basement pavillion is RM15 while jockey is RM20 per entry.

U imagine if u parked at peak days such as saturday/sunday,probability ur car being moved by jockeys is high due to the crowded/packed cars at the jockey pavi nowadays..For me i dont let my cars been touch by the jockeys..anything can happen..

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

unless u hold the keys dat shud be okay..dat means ur car is permenantly park till u finish ur shopping
That's the thing.. the Bentley was parked at the basement parking on a weekday. Realise how empty it is around the car? It's not the kind of 'steal-car-safe' I'm worried about. It's the 'jealous-come-scratch-your-car' type of unsafe that I'm talking about. And mindless shoppers who simply opens their door & knocking into these expensive cars, leaving indentations & scratches all over, especially women drivers. Two years ago I saw an S63 AMG parked beside a Myvi in Pavilion basement. Of course itchy itchy go take picture lah. Then after my movie I came back, the S63 is still there, but with an obvious paint transfer on the front left bumper.

And I also did said 'some' valet parking is cheaper than basement.

in my books its higher than ferraris and lambos so are aston martins :biggrin:
Luxury & speed all in one package mah. :biggrin: I'm a big fan of Astons too..

i am agreed with mozeyn, now days jockey can't be trusted.
Well yes, if you take into account of what happened to that GTR at Jalan Ampang. Otherwise, just don't leave any valuables in the car even if it's at a basement parking, cos you risk thieves smashing your car window to steal whatever it is that you keep in the car.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

You want Bentley? Here's a Wald Bentley Continental GT Black Bison... and its in Miri.

The bodykit is awesome.. But those rims are ugly IMHO..:hmmmm:

mozeyn

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
actually its a subjective issue..there's no fact whether it is safe to parking jockey or basement..its depends on ur luck..just pray to god hopefully our car is protected..:smile:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006

belongs to them again as i can see from the plate number

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
After what happened to the R35 that was left with a jockey a few weeks ago :bawling: , basement parking sounds safer...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu here,anybody can teach me how to DIY change kancil dashboard light??
i hope can change to white lights or blue..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience