[DIY] Oil catch tank

khellvinne

Aug 15, 2010
Thanks for the info, now I know why there is a need of oil catch tank. And also can plan for my installation.

madman, sorry. I accidentally click the wrong button on the post...hence the "edited by TitanRev"

biz-da-tech

Jan 21, 2006
bro can have the picture of 4g1 series OIL catch tank DIY picture? the noob guide

v1ctorong

Nov 25, 2005

Really a big thank you. As i am trying to figure out how to get a small size OCT and dang dang, read your post.

Thanks again, it will be very helpful as i almost need to clean my t.body every 20~30k due to regular high rev.

bro can have the picture of 4g1 series OIL catch tank DIY picture? the noob guide
Sure. I'll get it documented once I dismantle mine from my 4G15 and reassemble. I'll get it done tomorrow morning.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

nice DIY! where to buy those items for DIY though?
im located at KL/PJ
You can get all of these things from your local friendly spareparts shop.

Hi Biz,

I'm somewhat lazy to take out the thing. But it's pretty straight forward based on the picture. If you need more help give me a PM

Serious thanks man! Erm... But I always wonder why is there a breather hose? Isn't the PCV valve hose enough???

mines998

Dec 1, 2010
Please don't shut that hose engine need breath aswell. If you shut it you will find it breath some where else. Especially turbo engine.

Serious thanks man! Erm... But I always wonder why is there a breather hose? Isn't the PCV valve hose enough???
The PCV is part of a closed system. If you close the breather hose the pressure will find ways of exiting your engine. A certain mech who used to be in Glenmarie thought he was smart and closed up my breather valve saying that it was the way American OCTs work. But what he failed to notice was that those OCTs have breather valves on the OCT itself. In the end my cylinder gasket failed and the leaks were terrible.

If you look at my 4G15 picture above, you'll notice my breather hose has a mini filter connected to it at the top.

What I also did was seal off the inlet into my intake pipe so now the breather is venting into the atmosphere. If you like I'll go back later today and take a clearer picture of it. In the case of my Myvi I didn't bother to do a breather and just let it vent back into the intake.

Md Ekal

Jul 19, 2011
Gurun/Kedah
:itsme:

Erm I was wondering lah....
How about Satria GTi???
Can U show how to install it???(Pic also can..."Picture Tell Everything")
Thx in advance....:five:

Nce idea, :top: n what brilliant brain u have....:congrats:

MonsterDog

Oct 25, 2006
From pic.. Myvi, it is better the connection at the filter change upside down.. Since the oil is heavier than air.. Juz my opinion lah..

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
done my DIY oil catch tank..

on my AE101 & KE70..

pictures coming soon

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

From pic.. Myvi, it is better the connection at the filter change upside down.. Since the oil is heavier than air.. Juz my opinion lah..
oil is heavier.. so, u need to put the hose from engine at the bottom.. that's why it's called 'oil catch tank'.. to catch oil..

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

i think this is correct..

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

and this is incorrect.. based on the arrow at the OCT :biggrin:

:itsme:

Erm I was wondering lah....
How about Satria GTi???
Can U show how to install it???(Pic also can..."Picture Tell Everything")
Thx in advance....:five:

Nce idea, :top: n what brilliant brain u have....:congrats:
The GTI should be pretty much the same as the 4G15 I posted up.

Thank d7zul for answering

nyantong

Jul 26, 2008
See that round flat thingy on top of the left bank? It functions just like an oil catch tank...difference being the oil is then fed back to the engine instead of being burnt off or thrown away like aftermarket oil catch tank.