Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

This week is a pretty busy week. Super GT weekend starts soon and everyone is going to be busy preparing for the event. So there wouldn't be much updates for the project, as I have to discuss with my sponsors on what needed to do. But then again, I've dreamed up some great concepts. Check out the photo up above. It came from a 1970's Datsun Z432. What is a Datsun Z432 you say? It's basically an old Datsun 240Z that has been legally meshed up with a Datsun Skyline KPGC10 S20 160 horsepower engine. This Fairlady has the ultimate engine in it was the Z432 is built up in limited pieces and they are worth a handsome some, going about more than 100K+ US Dollars. Check the link below as well

Factory Two-Cammer: 1970 Datsun Fairlady Z432 For Sale

So basically, it is nothing new for someone to put a Skyline engine in a Fairlady in the first place. It has been done over 40 years ago and to make a modern iteration of it, being a Z31 with an RB engine, we definitely have a potential winner here, but I doubt it will outshine the original Z432.

Right now I'm trying to copy the details and interior concept of the original Z432 and implement it i the Z31. I must admit, I have the likings for the ribbed black seats with the wooden steering wheel. As far as the looks go, we do have a similar looking Nardi steering wheel. I'm asking for relevant parties to donate the SSCUS Euros, so I would have a ready made black ribbed seats for the Z31 concept. Here's a picture of a pair of SSCUS Euro. They retail about RM1200 a pair, so let's hope someone is generous to donate it.

With the pair of seats as above, I'd like to re-trim the rear seats to actually look the same as the one's in front. I would love to re-trim all the seats, including the front to be made of leather. If you know any parties willing to sponsor us for free re-trimming, don't hesitate to contact me on PM, I will gladly visit their shop and do a full cover up of the leather seat re-trimming process.

I was contemplating dark black ribbed interiors with red striping

OR

Red Interior

OR

Beige Interior.

All of these photos come from the Ferrari Dino 308 GTS. It does give a very contemporary feel to it and a hommage to the original Fairlady series. I guess those were the retro 60's design. Of course, the new Ferrari's do incorporate the same old ribbed seats design. It's pretty evident in the Ferrari F430 interior.

It's coming back with the new 2012 VW Beetle Turbo interior as well. I guess fashion always gets to be in and out all the time and ribbed seats are the next "it" thing.

So guys, it's time to vote, let me know what does your heart desire. If you have other ideas, please let me know.

Attachments

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
seat and safety belt u also wan complaint...did u wear all time?for me,i never wear safety belt...only wear when saw police around...then open back...and speeding...

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
seat and safety belt u also wan complaint...did u wear all time?for me,i never wear safety belt...only wear when saw police around...then open back...and speeding...
better dont get so cocky, =) u might be lucky in d past, but we never know what will happen in future. stay safe bro. cheers

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
black on black please..

with other options, its pretty much comes with cons rather than pros.

First off, having lighter shade for the seats and the interiors would make a minute dirty spot (like a drop of a drinks, etc) becomes so apparent or in other word, noticeable. Getting rid of the dirty spots arent of a problem but, it'll become a hectic job to do.

Next, the carpets. Take a look at the Dino with the red interior, see how messy the carpet is? Dirt, pebbles, or even small leaves could be 'transported' into the car. Again, its a hectic job to ensure its clean or at least there's nothing too apparent to the eye everytime you step into the car.

ouh..ouh, I like black with red stitching. Tho its common but, it looks good.

oh btw, are you gonna re-trim the dash as well? Id suggest alacantara.. if the budget permits. :biggrin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
black on black please..

with other options, its pretty much comes with cons rather than pros.

First off, having lighter shade for the seats and the interiors would make a minute dirty spot (like a drop of a drinks, etc) becomes so apparent or in other word, noticeable. Getting rid of the dirty spots arent of a problem but, it'll become a hectic job to do.

Next, the carpets. Take a look at the Dino with the red interior, see how messy the carpet is? Dirt, pebbles, or even small leaves could be 'transported' into the car. Again, its a hectic job to ensure its clean or at least there's nothing too apparent to the eye everytime you step into the car.

ouh..ouh, I like black with red stitching. Tho its common but, it looks good.

oh btw, are you gonna re-trim the dash as well? Id suggest alacantara.. if the budget permits. :biggrin:
Haha dude Kev clearly stated a RED seat BLACK interior combo. I dont think it'll pick up too much dirt that way :biggrin:.

Boring lah seeing every sporty car black and red interior... its so mainstream.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
that sscus euro definately a good choice...

black with red ribs was good enough.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know where can I re-wrap my steering?

Can those cushion shop do that, any idea how much they charge?? Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience