Owen deveploment

scor

Nov 15, 2007
Subang
Bro,i got one more question.The Owen S15 also product by Force Performance?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Oh,ya me?but you notice the owen turbo got the aerodynamic domed nut is never find in the Force Performance?Owen'billet stainless internal heat shield also supply by Force Performance?
nop, most of their turbo's are from FP , owen add accesories to the turbo's of cos, please do take note, the price leap is just too much for me view

Owen's HTA 3082 is 1560UK Pounds= RM7700
FP HTA 3082 is at 1520USD = RM4575
Owen Developments Press Office - turbo, turbos, turbochargers, performance tuning and innovative engineering solutions

so for all the extra money for the nut and the internal heat shield for RM3100 , i guess its overpriced for an owen , we can actly purchase the billet nut from Turbo1 KL :)

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Bro,i got one more question.The Owen S15 also product by Force Performance?
yes indeed , HTA is one and only by FP , no one elses makes HTA compressor wheel , its customed by them

GT2868HTA is a combination of the disco potato core + the HTA wheel by Forced Performance, it was called 68HTA because of the 68mm size in the compressor wheel

you may see it over here , see pic below, need more info the HTA upgrade, u may read the GT28RS thread over here
VWVortex.com - OFFICIAL: GT28RS Turbo Thread

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

if there is a dealer here , please do let me know the price of a GT3082 HTA , it would be good to benchmark the price
we can ballpark the original GT3082 at RM4k-5k , the FP at also similar pricing bt extra cost to ship them in , so if someone can give us the pricing for the Owen's , tht would help this tread more

I am not saying Owen's is not good, owen's is just too pricy for my point , they do a good job customizing turbo's for rally , x-cross n etc , bt is it worthit the extra money over an FP ?

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
pls take note,

"A competition version of the Owen Development’s Garrett GT35 HTA turbocharger with a motorsport specification bearing, uprated internal heat shield and conical, high flow compressor nut, is also available priced at £1897.50 including VAT @ 15%."

Thats RM9.3k with VAT for a GT35 , pengsan wor

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
owen make some changes because FP turbo are laggy.with some smoother bearing and lighter shft n wheel it make more fun to drive and if ported house it will increased hp with sacrified the early spool

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
owen dont make their own turbo make this clear they build from existing running turbo.
there are many turbo maker in Uk itself and owen is the only 1 can modified turbo to have better spooling respond.
they are distributor for FP doesnt mean anything at all cause they supply garret too....why dont they just sell garret n stop modifying to the turbo? because the stock turbo of garret is lag.for a gt30 full spool is at 4800rpm with high cams and 2.2 for sti n evo

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Fp just expanding their biz to uk.and would u say a sleeve bearing is better spooling that a wrc or f2 bearing?
if u are so diehard fan of FP u can just create a new topic bout FP i dont mind but all here is bout sharing owen stuff.u might think is expensive to spend rm10k for a gt30 but not for others willing to pay

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
FP is the best so i should stop thinking of buying owen and put back my green turbo...wait till 4500rpm for full boost

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Ok guys, since the topic got too hot , and i dont want to argue n make fire ,firstly i would like to say sorry to Mr Jonathan, lets continue discussing constructively , so as for all Zth members, it would be wise if you could educate us now, im sure u know alot more about owen than the rest does.

1. What cars have been equiped with Owen's Customed Turbo
2. How did it perform and what are the results , any dynocharts or race records
3. What does make Owen's turbo diffrent from a FP and Original Garrett that makes it special
4. What is the internal heatshield by Owen's , how does it look like and how does it help
5. What are the max flow's of Owen development turbos , lb/min
6. A rough price of the Owen's turbo in Msia, lets say GT30 Owen spec ?

simple :)

Last edited:

skzzi

Known Member
Jan 24, 2005
I know STi owner running Owen customed turbo.
His main objective not outright power but hella wide powerband, he dyno tune twice only i think, dynochart doesnt look very impressive but the chart doesnt justify when you actually sit in the car.
3. What does make Owen's turbo diffrent from a FP and Original Garrett that makes it special
Cant comment on this as STi have shitty choices of turbo selection.
4. What is the internal heatshield by Owen's , how does it look like and how does it help
Dont know and no idea.
As above. no idea.

Price wise, i think the owner would like to keep it discreet. Although is not cheap, but according to the owner, is worth the money and worth the wait. FYI his owen is still twin scroll, not the single scroll conversion.

End of the day, all these car parts are subjective, some individual would spend, some won't. Some will buy hella expensive rims and put on shitty tyres. Some will spend 10k on the bodykit, some will spend 10k on its engine. And this fella i know off, he wont give a damm if his bumper fell off, or scratch like hell, he just drive.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I know STi owner running Owen customed turbo.
His main objective not outright power but hella wide powerband, he dyno tune twice only i think, dynochart doesnt look very impressive but the chart doesnt justify when you actually sit in the car.
Cant comment on this as STi have shitty choices of turbo selection.
Dont know and no idea.
As above. no idea.

Price wise, i think the owner would like to keep it discreet. Although is not cheap, but according to the owner, is worth the money and worth the wait. FYI his owen is still twin scroll, not the single scroll conversion.

End of the day, all these car parts are subjective, some individual would spend, some won't. Some will buy hella expensive rims and put on shitty tyres. Some will spend 10k on the bodykit, some will spend 10k on its engine. And this fella i know off, he wont give a damm if his bumper fell off, or scratch like hell, he just drive.
These is the kind of response that I am looking for :) 10q

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Ya.. i'm interested too in turbo that V8 Sti can use.. price range..? any1 can share the dyno chart or ref..?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
skizzi: pay so much to get same hp for wat must well buy fP.lag is not a prob but can have big hp
please sifu JUN_ek9 , the questions are still above , any anwsers so far for my questions ? is it a secret ? :)

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Ya.. i'm interested too in turbo that V8 Sti can use.. price range..? any1 can share the dyno chart or ref..?
im also hoping to find some dyno chart to be shared, quite mysterious

Last edited:

Jonathan Leong

From Facebook
Aug 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
as a moderator u should be neutral at the 1st place.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

the only answer i will tell u is big power without respond is nothing

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
as a moderator u should be neutral at the 1st place.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

the only answer i will tell u is big power without respond is nothing
you can go back to my posts, there was no foul language used , no one was called stupid or anything such, nothing personal was written on a personal level , as forumer you are encouraged to discuss constructively with arguable facts and opinion , for an example, when someone says something and states his opinion, he includes his referral links and proof for his statements, the right way to do anwser or discuss positively, correct someone if they have stated something wrong, no one is always right , even as a moderator , you are encouraged to discuss constructively

by asking this questions above, it doesnt mean I am shooting you , in a discussion or forum thread, each question and anwser is a contribution to the readers of the forum. There is no need to be neutral in a discussion, no foul language or personal wordings were used. What has happened in this thread can be summarized.

User 1 : Posts pictures of Owen Development Turbo's in multiple thread which was later combined
Me : Responded to show other available plug n play Evo 8/9 turbos available to compete with the available Owen's plug and play turbo
Me : Showed that FP is the manufacturer of the core that was used by Owen's with proof of links and information regarding it *this is usefull information for readers to know, its not against the topic at all*
after further discussion, we found a few things diffrent from the GT series from FP and Owen which is Owen offers their turbo at an exclusive price for 3 main diffrences , "added bullet nut, more durable bearing , internal heat shield"
Jonathan : Comes in and says , the FP's are laggy
Me : i further post FP achievements in the drag scene to proof that FP's which were said to be laggy has performed wonderfully in the motorsport industry.
Jonathan : Says, original garrett turbo's are laggy too and Owen has made modifications to the GT's for the better. Also said that I should create my own FP topic instead of discussing it over here.
Me : shoots question regarding the Owen's turbo, that currently till this moment has no anwser.

In my opinion is wrong, when there are two comparative products in the market , its not wrong at all to bring in the product and compare them in the intended thread. Its to compare what is discussed in the thread to what other is available. Questions should rise, why is it different, where is the origin of the turbo, what changes has been made by Owen compared to the FP's, why it was made that way and such. That is what I call a healthy discussion.

For example:
You can say "I have strongest man alive".
To proof to the world , you should have a video lifting 200kg weight , able to pull an airplane n etc

They say "The world fastest road car is the buggati"
To proof to the world , they drove the car and achieved 400kmh , showed to the world the specifications of the Buggatti, the results, the dyno n etc.

So in our scenario :
What is the proof that Owen's do spool faster than the comparative origin product which is the FP.
The readers of this thread knows that FP took garrett's turbo and made the HTA series. Owen's took the FP HTA series and made enhancement to make their own series. Owen has stated , they have several changes that I do have listed in my question, which I ownself do not have the anwser for. Since you are already a Owen's user , in my mind I thought you would know the anwser to my questions. Please do remember that this is a discussion thread and not a adverstisment marketplace thread, discussion should be opened.

So , now you would say "the only answer i will tell u is big power without respond is nothing". So the readers over here would have questions like mine
"How faster spool is the Owen's turbo compared to the standard"
"Why is it faster"
"What has Owen changed in his turbo"
"What other things has owen done"

Currently the situation is like a hit and run, it currently states for an example
"my car is the fastest in the world" , when someone asks, what is your proof , what is inside your car , i hear an absolute silence with one sentence anwsers "my car fastest". Thats just an example, so the question is simple, "why is owen's turbo special"

Thank you

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
you can go back to my posts, there was no foul language used , no one was called stupid or anything such, nothing personal was written on a personal level , as forumer you are encouraged to discuss constructively with arguable facts and opinion , for an example, when someone says something and states his opinion, he includes his referral links and proof for his statements, the right way to do anwser or discuss positively, correct someone if they have stated something wrong, no one is always right , even as a moderator , you are encouraged to discuss constructively

by asking this questions above, it doesnt mean I am shooting you , in a discussion or forum thread, each question and anwser is a contribution to the readers of the forum. There is no need to be neutral in a discussion, no foul language or personal wordings were used. What has happened in this thread can be summarized.

User 1 : Posts pictures of Owen Development Turbo's in multiple thread which was later combined
Me : Responded to show other available plug n play Evo 8/9 turbos available to compete with the available Owen's plug and play turbo
Me : Showed that FP is the manufacturer of the core that was used by Owen's with proof of links and information regarding it *this is usefull information for readers to know, its not against the topic at all*
after further discussion, we found a few things diffrent from the GT series from FP and Owen which is Owen offers their turbo at an exclusive price for 3 main diffrences , "added bullet nut, more durable bearing , internal heat shield"
Jonathan : Comes in and says , the FP's are laggy
Me : i further post FP achievements in the drag scene to proof that FP's which were said to be laggy has performed wonderfully in the motorsport industry.
Jonathan : Says, original garrett turbo's are laggy too and Owen has made modifications to the GT's for the better. Also said that I should create my own FP topic instead of discussing it over here.
Me : shoots question regarding the Owen's turbo, that currently till this moment has no anwser.

In my opinion is wrong, when there are two comparative products in the market , its not wrong at all to bring in the product and compare them in the intended thread. Its to compare what is discussed in the thread to what other is available. Questions should rise, why is it different, where is the origin of the turbo, what changes has been made by Owen compared to the FP's, why it was made that way and such. That is what I call a healthy discussion.

For example:
You can say "I have strongest man alive".
To proof to the world , you should have a video lifting 200kg weight , able to pull an airplane n etc

They say "The world fastest road car is the buggati"
To proof to the world , they drove the car and achieved 400kmh , showed to the world the specifications of the Buggatti, the results, the dyno n etc.

So in our scenario :
What is the proof that Owen's do spool faster than the comparative origin product which is the FP.
The readers of this thread knows that FP took garrett's turbo and made the HTA series. Owen's took the FP HTA series and made enhancement to make their own series. Owen has stated , they have several changes that I do have listed in my question, which I ownself do not have the anwser for. Since you are already a Owen's user , in my mind I thought you would know the anwser to my questions. Please do remember that this is a discussion thread and not a adverstisment marketplace thread, discussion should be opened.

So , now you would say "the only answer i will tell u is big power without respond is nothing". So the readers over here would have questions like mine
"How faster spool is the Owen's turbo compared to the standard"
"Why is it faster"
"What has Owen changed in his turbo"
"What other things has owen done"

Currently the situation is like a hit and run, it currently states for an example
"my car is the fastest in the world" , when someone asks, what is your proof , what is inside your car , i hear an absolute silence with one sentence anwsers "my car fastest". Thats just an example, so the question is simple, "why is owen's turbo special"

Thank you
i absolutely agree with you that bench racing or even the use of butt dyno shouldnt be enough to judge a products performance
dyno charts and lap timings should be proper judge of the products performance
and a comparative dyno chart would be the best judge of the difference in cfm and spool times for two different turbos
comparative dyno chart in my mind is like 1 car max boost run then record max whp and torque thn turun then next car run and max boost and record max whp and torque then the two cars max whp and torque and spool can be measure on the same graph even
it is a hassle lah but needs to be done to get the best comparison
*peace* :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hI there,

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the ignition timing for my 1.6 satria.
I able to locate the distributor and unlock the two bolts.

How i know i set it correctly. not to advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience