S15 Spec R 6speed tranny problem

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
anyone faced this problem b4?
don think my bro's 6speed gear box is right
n to tell the truth, the car is used for drift n track purpose

any solution for this if this 6 speed tranny is really weak?
such as go for 5speed gear box? juz don answer me for those HKS gearbox as that cost a nuclear bomb :P

thanx

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
not a straight forward job bro. yes u can change to s14 box's but i think u'd have to change the tailshaft, match the bellhousing with s14 bolts, change clutch and flywheel with matching bolts, s14 gearbox crossmember, short shifter and a few pints of beer.

Autopiazza

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Selangor
orgazmopiazza.com
change to nismo lah bro... or get S14 gearbox...tougher !!!
not a straight forward job bro. yes u can change to s14 box's but i think u'd have to change the tailshaft, match the bellhousing with s14 bolts, change clutch and flywheel with matching bolts, s14 gearbox crossmember, short shifter and a few pints of beer.
do u mean 5 speed s14's

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
gearbox for s13 is quite cheap.u can get Rm600-1000. more than that quite exoensive.
other than that u need to convert from pull type to push type.or other way round.cant remember,i think u should contact joehan at drifthouse.usj1,quite friendly feller when he's not sick.hehe.

chromeibanez

Known Member
Aug 17, 2008
one more question, the flywheel of the 5 speed transmission are way lighter than the 6 speed.
do you need to make engine balancing once it is changed?

damnthing

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Almost 4 years ago i changed my S15 gearbox from Auto to a S14 5 speed manual. All in including gearbox, long sharf, clutch pedal, clutch pump etc plus workmanship came to RM2200. So nowdays whould be cheaper, especially on the parts.

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
bro damnthing - where did u do ur conversion? any downside to the conversion?

damnthing

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
bro damnthing - where did u do ur conversion? any downside to the conversion?
Hi there GroundZro, i dont see any downside to the conversion. Touchwood, i havent had any problems with it although its being whacked till kingdom comes once every month (Gymkhana) and since my car is a daily driver, i think i can consider the gearbox to be tough as i am not light footed! :biggrin::driver:
The conversion was done somewhere in USJ1, although i have no idea if the shop is still open until today as it has been almost 5 years now. However, i can suggest a place, its called Pit Works. Its at Puchong Perdana, and a lot of the silvia guys send their rides to him. He is also on FB, just search for Pit works, the pic is of a orange Sr20 head.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can I like buy somebucket of house paint , you know those paint wall and use it to paint car ?

I dontreally care about the quality I care more abourt covering it so it will not rust
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience