I hate my current Halogen BULB!!!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hohoho, Veloc, it's true, and even my previous xenon lights burned a black mark in the reflector lens:mad: and the light beams are like firework scatters to all direction that caused dangerous glares to other road users. I have since reverted to halogen bulbs and the light beams are very focus now:driver:

Magnetic HID is a new term for me. What is that?
Its a HID system for H4 bulbs that utilises electromagnetic solenoid to push/pull the bulb/cutoff shield front or back to give low/high light.

The normal non magnetic H4 HID will use HID for highlight and a small halogen bulb for low light which gives rubbish illumination. Its main purpose is just to change the colour of the lamps to pass road blocks. It doesn't really function to illuminate. Its weak.

Ede61

Known Member
Sep 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ede61, is the headlamp reflector able to stand the high heat from your high wattage HELLA bulb of 90/120w? I am using Phillips X-treme Power 60/55w only. Is higher wattage producing more light?
Been using it for about 3 months already... No problem.. only that i dont like the colour thats all.. Low voltage bulb can support the watt that the relay is giving ah? it wont burn the bulb or anything rite?

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
hid can,if u can get original from toyota camry...i got friend who stole new camry hid set...then fix on his myvi..walau....true nice.i have to ask him stole for me too...but he say wait for another 2 or 3 month cuz he work in accident claim dept in toyota service centre..
can steal another 1 for me? :biggrin:

LowKey2677

Known Member
Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, if you want to use HID, please do it properly. HID should not be illegal if it is installed properly.

HID+Reflector housing=Glare. HID+Projector=No glare.

JPJ says its illegal because of improper installation. I dont see why JPJ or police will kacau u if ur lights are not blinding ppl.

For those halogen blue colour bulbs, it only looks nice but light output is lower than a standard halogen without those blue coating on the bulb. Night breaker is brighter than a standard halogen but lifespan is short.

For those who are using HID on reflector housing, please be considerate of other drivers. REMOVE THEM PLEASE.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys, if you want to use HID, please do it properly. HID should not be illegal if it is installed properly.

HID+Reflector housing=Glare. HID+Projector=No glare.

JPJ says its illegal because of improper installation. I dont see why JPJ or police will kacau u if ur lights are not blinding ppl.

For those halogen blue colour bulbs, it only looks nice but light output is lower than a standard halogen without those blue coating on the bulb. Night breaker is brighter than a standard halogen but lifespan is short.

For those who are using HID on reflector housing, please be considerate of other drivers. REMOVE THEM PLEASE.
Actually HID with reflector can be done without glare also if done properly. It is okay if one uses HID with a "proper" glare shield, HID with magnetic Hi-Lo or HID bulbs designed for reflector like the D2R bulbs used in the new civic, navara etc. Why I highlight "proper" is because a lot of cheap shit HIDs has glare shield and it fooled people into thinking that it is enough. Actually most of them are not enough to shield glare. They just use a small piece of metal barely enough to cut-off the light. The best thing is fabricate your own glare shield by experiment. Try until you find the right size. I lost the website. Can google it.

those blue bulbs, if use cap ayam (dark blue), output suck like prostitute. If cap away but not so blue, around 4300k, output still ok if use in the city. But those good brands like philips and osram, I heard that the output is still damn good. Nightbreaker has short life but it cannot be comapred here. The light is not white. Just slightly lighter yellow. the spec says 3800k. I think the proper one to compare is osram cool blue (got 3 diff level of white) and philips blue, silver, crystal or diamond vision. I haven;t tried those good brands. Waiting for my cap ayam 4300k to gone first.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i was using hid 6000k, then downgraded to h4 halogen bulbs cos always kena tahan by polis of jpj. now thinking to upgrade back to 4300k cos the std halogen light sucks on perdana......
philips diamond blue damn expensive rm200++. hids cheaper rm78 only :) ok ma, at least can tahan 1-2 yrs ok edi.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Don't jump into conclusion that HID on reflector housing is not good, like this all Civic FD2 users must remove their OEM fitted HID already

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

That day on routine engine check, found my air filter hose connected to the turbine intake loose. The clip have been tighten to the maximum and still loose (moving). Was wondering what to use to tighten it up. The hose is rubber, so probably through the years of use could have harden and shrunk a little. The turbine is hot so cannot fit any rubber or paper, so was thinking what else can use.

So I raided my wife's kitchen for some "Diamond" brand aluminum foil. Fold a few rounds to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience