I hate my current Halogen BULB!!!

Ede61

Sep 4, 2009
I got all my lights changed to white LED. Even my low beam is white LED. But the high beam unfortunately is 90/120W Hella yellow.... I want white lights.... I am very much aware that HID of any candlelight watt is illegal. So moving on to Halogen bulbs. But what about white "halogen" bulbs? Raybrig? PIAA? Philips? Are they legal from JPJ? I asked THREE shops already... All answered the same thing.. Either not sure or JPJ will tahan but they check if HID or not and will let go if halogen...
Can anybody help me out here?? Is white "halogen" bulbs legal? :adore::adore::adore:

i think osram nightbreaker have whitish light output but minus blue colour where normal ahbeng "white bulb" got blue coating...

Only HIDs are illegal. For white bulbs, I heard that if it is too blue like ah beng style, they will try to kacau u sometimes. But cannot saman la. Philips blue/silver vision or osram cool blue hyperwhite/megawhite would be good. Osram nightbreakers are only slightly whiter (4000k). I am using a cheap brand. Looks nice but output and illumination not so good.

jimmyae101

Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yalor...i have to use ah beng style too...getting white bulb 8000k,it really white but still got some blue blue...warning it cant see road for far one..just can view near object...cheap ma for ah beng style ..as long as it can fix on car.hearing that nowaday HID can get in as low as only rm200..at any shop special ah beng/ah lian style..

Ede61

Sep 4, 2009
Brothers selling at rm178 bro... HID is super cheap.. cheaper than Halogen...

Btw, i already installed a relay for the lights... Can i still fit those normal Halogen bulbs? because im currently using 90/120w bulbs..

jimmyae101

Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yes,if ur bulb/socket same..just plug out/in only ma...or uless u just doin some small mod in socket from 3 to 2 depend bulb leg...yalor,as long as can show off,who mind which part u use,ah beng sytle ok ma...just cant view far far...unless u add wire for more power.

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
Brothers selling at rm178 bro... HID is super cheap.. cheaper than Halogen...

Btw, i already installed a relay for the lights... Can i still fit those normal Halogen bulbs? because im currently using 90/120w bulbs..
Ede61, is the headlamp reflector able to stand the high heat from your high wattage HELLA bulb of 90/120w? I am using Phillips X-treme Power 60/55w only. Is higher wattage producing more light?

amrancharger

Jul 19, 2006
is there any bulbs dat can fulfil to look gud in a car and also c clearly at nite and rainy days?
read in some forums dat osram nightbreaker will last less than a year...is dis true??

I think don't use HID unless those good ones with glare shield and magnetic hi-lo... Blinding oncoming drivers...

Osram nightbreakers don't last long. That's why they came up with nightbreaker plus.

And also better not to use overwattage bulbs as they heat up a lot. During long drives, there are cases where they melt the headlamp housing tar/glue. I think good halogen bulbs philips blue/silver/crystal vision or osram cool blue are best or magnetic HID with glare shield are best...

Just my 2 cents...

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
I think don't use HID unless those good ones with glare shield and magnetic hi-lo... Blinding oncoming drivers...

Osram nightbreakers don't last long. That's why they came up with nightbreaker plus.

And also better not to use overwattage bulbs as they heat up a lot. During long drives, there are cases where they melt the headlamp housing tar/glue. I think good halogen bulbs philips blue/silver/crystal vision or osram cool blue are best or magnetic HID with glare shield are best...

Just my 2 cents...
Hohoho, Veloc, it's true, and even my previous xenon lights burned a black mark in the reflector lens:mad: and the light beams are like firework scatters to all direction that caused dangerous glares to other road users. I have since reverted to halogen bulbs and the light beams are very focus now:driver:

Magnetic HID is a new term for me. What is that?

jimmyae101

Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hid can,if u can get original from toyota camry...i got friend who stole new camry hid set...then fix on his myvi..walau....true nice.i have to ask him stole for me too...but he say wait for another 2 or 3 month cuz he work in accident claim dept in toyota service centre..

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
hid can,if u can get original from toyota camry...i got friend who stole new camry hid set...then fix on his myvi..walau....true nice.i have to ask him stole for me too...but he say wait for another 2 or 3 month cuz he work in accident claim dept in toyota service centre..
But Camry HID kit won't have light reflection problem in Myvi headlamp meh? As good as in ori Camry headlamp ah?

EPICSTANCE is back and all Stance cult followers are welcomed! The inaugural EPICSTANCE meet & greet last December was an explosive mobilization of 150 cool examples from all over peninsular Malaysia on display. This proves just how much the Stance cult has penetrated the country and diverse these enthusiasts...