Buying a GTR.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Basically I think most insurance companies will try to avoid insuring Skylines/GTRs UNLESS the main agent endorses your car....can anyone in the insurance line confirm or correct?
Apparently a lot of supercar owners have only third party insurance (if they even bother having the car registered), so perhaps that's another way of looking at managing insurance. Obviously living/travelling with security means theft is unlikely (repossess more likely) and high speed driving and other risk taking shenanigans means in the event of a crash, other things are more important (like staying alive?) to bother over something as menial as claims. Again, that's just what I think is the reasoning behind that. I wouldn't know to be honest.

Leonard? How do rich people deal with insurance? :biggrin:

semperfi

Known Member

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
Hmm.. Back 20 years ago when I was around that age, my father deals with my car's insurance. I don't have to pay a cent. Sometimes the car goes under company's name and my company pays for it and I couldn't afford any car since I just got back from Hawaii and just started working. I was paid a measly $2k. Can't even afford a tire back then.:bawling:

Last edited:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Hmm.. Back 20 years ago when I was around that age, my father deals with my car's insurance. I don't have to pay a cent. Sometimes the car goes under company's name and my company pays for it and I couldn't afford any car since I just got back from Hawaii and just started working. I was paid a measly $2k. Can't even afford a tire back then.:bawling:
Bro...now a days is totally different already! Those kids just come back from oversea, straight away can drive nice sports car, non stop modifying/upgrades, showing off their ride(s), and best of all...ALL paid by the parent/company. Then...they make naive young chicks to believe that they are rich by them self (making tons of monies by them self), in fact, all being paid by someone else! So...why bother? Trash it..buy again lah...as simple as that :biggrin:

semperfi

Known Member

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
Bro...now a days is totally different already! Those kids just come back from oversea, straight away can drive nice sports car, non stop modifying/upgrades, showing off their ride(s), and best of all...ALL paid by the parent/company. Then...they make naive young chicks to believe that they are rich by them self (making tons of money by them self), in fact, all being paid by someone else! So...why bother? Trash it..buy again lah...as simple as that :biggrin:
I tell you what. I trash it, you get me a new car. You change your cars every few months. You psycho! Help save a fellow friend. Buy me a car... :love:

gobiz

500 RPM

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
[PIMPIN];4522885 said:
Apparently a lot of supercar owners have only third party insurance (if they even bother having the car registered), so perhaps that's another way of looking at managing insurance. Obviously living/travelling with security means theft is unlikely (repossess more likely) and high speed driving and other risk taking shenanigans means in the event of a crash, other things are more important (like staying alive?) to bother over something as menial as claims. Again, that's just what I think is the reasoning behind that. I wouldn't know to be honest.

Leonard? How do rich people deal with insurance? :biggrin:
Supercar only on 3rd party? :stupid: Fuhhh they are living life on the brink, well I guess they can afford to.

My rusty old japanese grandfather car fully insured 1st party at full market value , equal to Temujins :biggrin: Actually market value is a bit higher (and rising)! :love::love::love: Doesn't love make someone a bit loopy in the head hehehe

cmng

3,000 RPM

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
many supercar i know is 3rd party insurance

mostly they pay cash for the car and get it insured ar 3rd party
why ?
1st how frequent they drive it ?

second is if got accident they dont report it
just put a side. they have many car as well ma
when next renewal. put as first party then after few month claim it

that how some of the owner do it
as i know la

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think berjaya something
i pass to a friend to do it

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
many supercar i know is 3rd party insurance

mostly they pay cash for the car and get it insured ar 3rd party
why ?
1st how frequent they drive it ?

second is if got accident they dont report it
just put a side. they have many car as well ma
when next renewal. put as first party then after few month claim it

that how some of the owner do it
as i know la

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think berjaya something
i pass to a friend to do it
Well to be honest, I don't know many that own supercars but more luxury cars. They cbf registering lah. Plus, I think at their level they have the means to track down their stolen cars. It takes more than one person to steal, strip or export a car. End of the day, syndicate or not these people I'm sure have ways as all they need is one guy to talk. The only way more than one person can keep a secret is if the rest were dead IIRC.

Not my scene to be honest. I'm not a fan of these things nor would I have the means to track down my stolen F430. I've lost two cats this year FFS and I can't find them. Good luck to the rich I say. :driver:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
[PIMPIN];4523918 said:
Well to be honest, I don't know many that own supercars but more luxury cars. They cbf registering lah. Plus, I think at their level they have the means to track down their stolen cars. It takes more than one person to steal, strip or export a car. End of the day, syndicate or not these people I'm sure have ways as all they need is one guy to talk. The only way more than one person can keep a secret is if the rest were dead IIRC.

Not my scene to be honest. I'm not a fan of these things nor would I have the means to track down my stolen F430. I've lost two cats this year FFS and I can't find them. Good luck to the rich I say. :driver:
What's loosing a F430/2 cats are?? Both of my Scuderria and Lambo SV were stolen within a year and insurance's claim still pending till now! Thanks for all those **** people only know how to talk c**k and no action at all... :mad: :mad: :mad:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
Hi...I am surveying (and saving money as well) for a R34 GTR....hope I can manage to get one within this year....:D....so the option that I have in mind, is whether to get a "stock" GTR or a modded ones? Here are some samples:

Stock: Nissan Skyline V-SPEC GTR 2.6 - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my
Modded: Nissan Skyline Gtr R34 - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my

...i know modding a GTR ain't cheap...even converting to Z-tune body kit only...so which wud be a better choice....get a stock one and build slowly....or save more money and straight buy a modded one....btw, i hv a fair amount of knowledge in cars....hv been doing honda b-series for quite some time....but going into 6-cylinder turbo is a whole new story...any advice is appreciated.....thanks....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi...I am surveying (and saving money as well) for a R34 GTR....hope I can manage to get one within this year....:D....so the option that I have in mind, is whether to get a "stock" GTR or a modded ones? Here are some samples:

Stock: Nissan Skyline V-SPEC GTR 2.6 - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my
Modded: Nissan Skyline Gtr R34 - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my

...i know modding a GTR ain't cheap...even converting to Z-tune body kit only...so which wud be a better choice....get a stock one and build slowly....or save more money and straight buy a modded one....btw, i hv a fair amount of knowledge in cars....hv been doing honda b-series for quite some time....but going into 6-cylinder turbo is a whole new story...any advice is appreciated.....thanks....
That's a 50k difference in prices right there between the stock and the modified GTRs. Since you've been modifying cars for sometime then surely you're familiar with the feeling of satisfaction that comes with owning a car that's unique but more importantly built exactly the way you want it.

IMHO, I'd rather buy a stock unit and then modify it. As you've said, it is costly but it goes with the territory. Stock standard GTRs are fairly rare so if you can't find a stock one when the time to buy comes then buy a modified one, strip the modifications and start fresh if possible.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i feel the same way too...at least with a stock unit it'll be probably easier to detect any problems than a modded ones....must make sure the base is healthy first before can do further mod...but the modded GTR in that ads that i posted looks really awesome...:adore:

ok bro...i'll take your advice....perhaps now I can get me a GTR sooner....:D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I was in Midvalley Megamall yesterday, some idiot parked too close to the side of a corner in the underground parking. To avoid his/her/it's car, I had to turn at a really bad angle.

During the turn, my right rear sports rim chipped against the slight curb.

Chipped and scratched my rims, it's quite deep.

What can be done about it? Is there some kind of filler to cover up the parts that was chipped away, and respray?

Since it's the rear rim, it doesn't really affect the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience