A high perfomance Inspira - Could R3 be working on a hardcore Inspira-X?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
R3=REBADGE,RENAME AND REUSE

i sure r3 will mod 1 ispira drift unit to enter formula drift.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Keshy...dun think Mitsu will allow P1 to turbocharge the engine off the factory floor. if i'm not mistaken it was in the deal that nothing be modified of the engine and transmission supplied to P1.

that said...i'm sure a lot of sifus here already have their own snails ready to plonk in :biggrin:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
Wiralution to Wajalution and now....
Here comes the
INSPIRALUTION X or shall we call it

EVO INSPIRALUTION X
should name,PROTON INSPIRUTION X LOTUS RACING , JOIN DEVELOP BY PROTON R3, MITSUBISHI AND LOTUS HANDLING.
LOTUS TUNNING HANDLING
MITUSBISHI CHASIS AND POWER
R3 DESIGN CARBON STICKER???

DanLoveAde

Jul 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
== I don't know why Proton feel so proud of copying Mitsubishi .... I feel so dissapointed with Proton ... 25 years of learning ... all they learn is copy paste ... Satria / Satria Neo / Satria GTi was a good car why not further advance satria? Atleast we still have our originality ...

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
Keshy...dun think Mitsu will allow P1 to turbocharge the engine off the factory floor. if i'm not mistaken it was in the deal that nothing be modified of the engine and transmission supplied to P1.

that said...i'm sure a lot of sifus here already have their own snails ready to plonk in :biggrin:
true that ... but Proton also said that soon the Inspira will be 65% local ... So there are plenty of grey areas I think ... but you're right ... It'll be hard for R3 to implement their own turbocharger ... Unless of course Mitsubishi provides their own system ... Could get interesting...

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
If theres a name the car contest going around then I would like to submit Ivolution Y

That way, they only need to again rebadge the E and replace with an I and they can have further cost saving and just carefully saw/break off the bottom leg of the X to make it look like a Y :)

Last edited:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
If i were P1 i would do the same, rebadge and sell. Reason that particular segment does not sell by the boatload hence does not make business sense to waste funds on R&D for it. Better to spend R&D money on C segment cars that sell higher volumes.
After 25 years P1 still fighting for profitability. !st they need to get their bank account healthy THEN they can start designing nice cars later on.

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
photochop using back lancer grill n say 'let his pictures do the talking...'
what la....

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
if not mistaken, mitsu not allowed proton to modifed this car.. should be no R3 for rebadge car...

now Mitsu already launch sportback. very nice with 2.4L engine.

irmscher28

Known Member
Feb 25, 2009
skip the EVO words lah pls...EVO only for MITSUBISHI not proton, still dont got so high end factory to manufacture such products...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

R=recycle

LANE

Known Member
May 20, 2005
Cheras
nice..
sure this topic will pop out milion2 basher

touge80

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
photochop using back lancer grill n say 'let his pictures do the talking...'
what la....
"While we wait around and hunt for more information, here's a little something that Tom whipped up when we asked him how he thought the Inspira-X may look like, the man prefers to let his pictures do the talking, we hope he's right because that could just be the best looking Proton in a while."

Of course the picture is a photoCHOP one. I think he is trying to say how TOM is wishing the car will be looked alike(in a picture form). Cheers:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers,

Just something I want to ask here. Most cars comes with s flow exhaust stock. Most people who want to upgrade will change to a straight flow.

But there are aftermarket mufflers that are S-flow as well made by performance brands such as FGK S flow 2.3", Tanabe G power S flow, TRD S flow and so on... I want to ask is there any difference if we change to these aftermarket s flow muffler or is it just for style only? Because it is still s flow and not free flowing.

Anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience