Rattling/clanking metal sound when accelerating

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
hi guys..anyone here experience rattling/metal clanking sound when accelerating?

i have this sound problem..i can hear the sound prominently when the driver's window is open..even more evident when i'm passing dividers or wall(because it resonates/bounce the sound)

i have no idea where the sound is coming from..but i guarantee its coming front the front and below..

any ideas/helps?:hmmmm::hmmmm::adore::adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
hi guys..anyone here experience rattling/metal clanking sound when accelerating?

i have this sound problem..i can hear the sound prominently when the driver's window is open..even more evident when i'm passing dividers or wall(because it resonates/bounce the sound)

i have no idea where the sound is coming from..but i guarantee its coming front the front and below..

any ideas/helps?:hmmmm::hmmmm::adore::adore:
is the sound more prominent when going uphill and when engaging high gear? sounds like preignition sir, too advance an ignition jer tu. retard it

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
hehehe i always hear that sort of sound on wiras n iswaras...dunno y their owners can accept such sounds coming out of their engines...

so one1002....does it sound like that? or something else like metal rubbing metal?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
xtremeleo,
how to retard it sir?
easy sir, by adjusting the distributor or as i always say it, dizzy. retarding it usually lowers the rpm down, adjust the idle speed using the idling screw. tq for d q sir

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
is the sound more prominent when going uphill and when engaging high gear? sounds like preignition sir, too advance an ignition jer tu. retard it
yes..exactly!!what could be the problem here?

hehehe i always hear that sort of sound on wiras n iswaras...dunno y their owners can accept such sounds coming out of their engines...

so one1002....does it sound like that? or something else like metal rubbing metal?
yes arturo..huhu..i dont like any strange sound coming from the engine lah!!haha..makes me worry and uncomfortable..

yep, dats the sound
:adore::adore: sifu..how do i fix this?

does it sound like a bunch of small ball bearings being bounced around in a glass bottle kah?
you all so pandai lah..hehehehe

sorry yea for the late reply..huhu

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Recently i went to test drive a nissan sentra b13 with sr20ve 20v and 6 speed manual gearbox.
I am quite interested in the car.
Anybody have opinions on the reliability and maintenance?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience