All about Vantex/Mantex/HSP/HY/HL/Clone RC Cars...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hehe! of cos not man...if buy one of these, wun dare to try any crazy stunts...for that, i have my old Tamiya QD buggy...hahahatools, i tink i got some oredi...maybe get more along the way if needed...my progression for these mini cars started from tamiya mini 4wd...then move on to tamiya QD...then go to the uber-cheap Qida 747...then moded...then now wan to move to RC Drift.btw, i noticed there is also the hpi e10 model...are they any good? the price for a used one ard rm500+ only...looks quite new (3 months old?)hop-up wise...and drifting/performance...ok ka?just wanna make sure i make the rite choice...hehethx!

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
Hometown:Penang
hehe! of cos not man...if buy one of these, wun dare to try any crazy stunts...for that, i have my old Tamiya QD buggy...hahahatools, i tink i got some oredi...maybe get more along the way if needed...my progression for these mini cars started from tamiya mini 4wd...then move on to tamiya QD...then go to the uber-cheap Qida 747...then moded...then now wan to move to RC Drift.btw, i noticed there is also the hpi e10 model...are they any good? the price for a used one ard rm500+ only...looks quite new (3 months old?)hop-up wise...and drifting/performance...ok ka?just wanna make sure i make the rite choice...hehethx!
The HPI e10 model if not mistaken is a front mounted motor chassis shaft driven, this actually have larger weight in front instead of having it on the rear or balanced mid motors. ive only tested this chassis once and its ok to drift, as for the hop-ups for this chassis, it is also expensive but compared to yokomo, this one is still considerable...HPI e10 is an ok buy for first timers too. but i think u should consider looking for a new one instead unless the 3 months old have done some hop-ups and opt electronics...U can seek a HPI e10 in rc shops, the price for new one is quite cheap if ur budget isnt limited to some range below the price...but then again, if u are considering to buy the 3 months old chassis u should really check any flaws, scratches, cracks, faulty parts and lose screws...

There are some O-tai people in the R/C drift community already mod some HPI chassis to counter-steer (CS) drift like in the real world...this cs i think can be done on a Cyclone@Cyclone S HPI brand...maybe u should consider buying a cyclone if ure interested in CS mod...by reducing the rear diff ratio and spool it up, then get a one-way diff for the front diff to apply similarly as handbrake in the real world.

This is the webbie for some info Rcdriftrevolution.com or u can just watch some vids in youtube to gain more knowledge of CS...type 'counter steer drifting'....or any similar quote...

P/S This CS mod will make u even mad about R/C drifting...

CheeRS!!:biggrin:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
wah! CS is serious man!!! wud be super chun la...bt i beginner only, dunno boleh capai o not...btw, how much wud a cyclone costs? does it come in a kit only form or got RTR versions? 4wd also? or like real life RWD? wahaha

yea, i saw the HPI E10 the other day in Toy City, going for about RM 699...maybe outside can get cheaper...yea, so i guess those 2nd hands aint a bargain.

i tink start with China wan first lo...bt also not that cheap...416 need around 400++...

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
yea...if ure getting a china brand its ok too...just make sure u choose the prefect 1 for u...also get the 1 that copies original with many reasonable hop-ups....then when u are fed-up with it, u can just proceed to mod into CS...u will not feel as painful as using an ori 1 right...just search any other chassis that can easy be modded to CS and later in the future u might have 1 for urself... CheeRS

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
i tink all points to the 416 clone for now...i tink i might start with that.

btw, can 416 be modded to do CS?

thx man...u've been a great help to me! cheers

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
i tink all points to the 416 clone for now...i tink i might start with that.

btw, can 416 be modded to do CS?

thx man...u've been a great help to me! cheers
Of course, but u have to mod the belt tension and im not sure how to do it on the 416. u could go to some r/c forums and ask over there on how to do it. basically the belt driven chassis is easier to do the CS mod by reducing the rear diff ratio so that u can gain acceleration and for the front diff u can either mod another diff for it or change the pulley into higher ratios, considering u have bought the front 1 way differential system. the rear belting should be tension enough so that the rear diff can pull it with maintained stability. thats y u should get(buy) or mod a belt tension from another brand if tamiya doesnt have it...Its not really complicated to do the mod when u are already familiar with ratios and tensions...CheeRS!:itsme:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
wah...i've got a lot to learn...ok, once i get a kit for myself, i'll keep u posted here! thx mate!

Cheers

Jin_Jat

Known Member
May 2, 2009
No problem bro, Im also excited about u having ur own kit, then u can get to business all the way...and remember to check out r/c forums in Malaysia and other countries too...there are useful tips and recommendations for newbies...from there u can make better choices by narrowing down few of low rated products...anyway i hope u get ur best choice kit...i support new r/c drifters all the way...

jack_lee

Known Member
Jan 24, 2008
Wow....this is such a good thread to me as i'm also wondering which china brand to buy to re-start my r/c hobby life.thanks guys,these are really helpful info for beginner in rc drifing.

i used to drove a nitro team magic b4.but it's back to 2007.I even tried to drift it with my diy poly pipe drift tire....

I'm really in the mood of rc drifting now...the clone 416 chassis...haha...finally i got something to aim.got to look for the cheap seller first who can supply the necessary replacement/option part.

enjoy~!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Thank you sifu Jin Jiat for sharing your knowledge.

You have been very helpful.

I too am looking into joining this new world of RC drifting since i cant afford the real deal. hahahah

I narrowed down my choice to HPI E10. Cause of the interchangeable motor which can be a touring layout or drift layout. But would like to know your input.

From what i read you recommend to get clones...Any idea where we can get clones?

And can all other cars also change layouts? from drift to touring?

My budget is max Rm700, but cheaper the better. Preferably i would like something fast. when i look at the videos of the HPI e10 looks pretty slow....how much would an upgrade of the motor costs?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if on a bajet, id recommend go for vantex 416 (red alluminium chasis), if blue chasis (rm299) but pariah motor le...,red comes wid std 24T motor rm399....
if CF chasis maybe slightly higher pricing.
vantex parts are quite cheap compared to HPI...etc........

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
you referring to this one ah bro?

http://www.rcdreamz.com.my/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=1662

Is this fast? im looking for something fast and fun....not for competition, just for personal use and syiok sendiri.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

bro danz can recommend me a place that has a variety of vantex products?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

i saw another one that says Vantex 4wd Sprint 416TC. Its a purple chassis.

http://www.fgmhobby.com/rc_malaysia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=390

Is this good? it cost Rm450

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah bro thats the 1...
but havent seen purple chasis before, normally blue (rm299) or red (rm349) or (rm399)
its good for beginer...normally for vantex, std with 24T motor, the most expensive is rm399..
i dunno y they selling at rm450...maybe they marked up abit...

ok are u familiar wid ampang waterfront area? overthere got old town kopitiam & sato accs shop...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
is the 24t motor fast? cause from what i understand higher turns means more torque.

i would like to have a nice balance. so that if i don feel like just playing drift, i can just race the car.

if i were to put a faster motor (less turns) lets say 18T motor, would that make it difficult to drift?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the 24T motor kira std....the lesser it is the faster the motor is....
for beginners, 9T motor shoud be fast enuf & able to drift.....if u want faster 5.5T or 3T, that 1 can outrun EX5 already...damn fast.....but overheats fast......not recommended....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

$$$ makes POWER??
Or
Knowledge makes power??

Which one u all think can make ur car power??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience