Magnet will make my car fly?

dorift0

dorift0

Jan 15, 2010
Subang
doncityz,i agree that not all fuel saving product/device make big diff in fc/power.it would be great if you could share with us what is that & why it didn't work with some proof/review.

no worry bro,no people get furious or cry for daddy here,AFAIK there is only 1 person jumping his leg here.
Mr 51yrs oldie guy, are you in the field of automotive engineering RnD ? Which division, what year to what year, in what car company? Hotwheels ?

Some things does have effects, but not practical. A cow's a cow, but seems like u take a cow as a dog. LOL. Keep on shootin, wannabie old man! And yes your VIOS is a SUPERCAR.....

Last edited:

khoo198

1,500 RPM

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Mr 51yrs oldie guy, are you in the field of automotive engineering RnD ? Which division, what year to what year, in what car company? Hotwheels ?

Some things does have effects, but not practical. A cow's a cow, but seems like u take a cow as a dog. LOL. Keep on shootin, wannabie old man! And yes your VIOS is a SUPERCAR.....
:stupid::stupid::stupid:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
dude dorift0, i think you need not to refer other ppl by their age, its somewhat insulting and have no respect for other public users without knowing them personally

zac

1,000 RPM

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Just out of curiosity, does dorift0 related to the famous person which being banned for dunno how many times? they sounded alike...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Pls don't say Im smart etc. Im just learning and continue to learn as I go. THere probably smarter guys out there.

But yeah.. I like to sound harsh in my posts. Sorry. :biggrin:
Dont get me wrong ar, I said your SMART not the SMARTEST :rolleyes:. Im just noticing you do research and not just buy-use-then-regret method...

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Pfft, and you? Im sure you must be a leading technician at a very reputable company to leave VERY smart comments like these! After all, nobody is smarter and can challenge your capacity of knowledge right?

And vios-wise... I hate to admit it, they can own alot of old cars stock standard :biggrin:. However, its ugly (TOTALLY no offence to owners, just not a fan) compared to older cars, so yes, suck it up dorift0 :rolleyes:

Nobody
Helmet Clan

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005

Welcome back :wavey:

I don't which statement of mine makes you think in that way,anyway I know it's hard for you to get over what happened but options were given & you choose to make it this way...

We will miss you,bye~:rofl:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Welcome back :wavey:

I don't which statement of mine makes you think in that way,anyway I know it's hard for you to get over what happened but options were given & you choose to make it this way...

We will miss you,bye~:rofl:
Ahaha that was fast. :wavey:

khoo198

1,500 RPM

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
aiyo~~~juz bought a pack of pop-corn nia~~:banghead::banghead::biggrin:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Ok. Since 5115 give me green light, I will share another type of product that do not save fuel NOR increase power.

Its the... jejejengg... Voltage stabilizer & Ground Cables. *duck* *duck* (somebody throw shoe at me) Hahaha.

But seriously, this product I know it by the details of the molecules inside it. I just hope after saying this, those VS merchant wont come throw red paint at my house nia.
Here comes the hurtful truth.

VOLTAGE STABILIZER
What it is? - Its just a box with very basic electronics components on it - capacitors. These capacitors have reasonably big values (around 2200uF or above each pieces). What people do not know is, there is already a bigger capacitor in your car. It is so damn big that I think the value is somewhere around 1000 Farads. (not sure really). Where is this big capacitor? - You guessed it - its the Car battery lah!

Now imagine this. You got 1000 Farads of capacitance, then you add 0.002200 Farad more. What you get? yes. 1000.0022 Farad. Wow. That makes a lot of change? LOL!

Secondly, your onboard ECU does not require any additional regulation. Simply because it already have power supply stabilizing circuit inside it.

Someone would be sayingg: "Eh wait, they actually have graphs showing the noise is filtered after put the capacitor wor". That is true. But the high frequency noise that is caused by firing of plugs radiates EVERYWHERE. Not only through the wires. By just sticking the VS at the battery, of course the noise is reduced, but at battery terminals only. But what for? The battery isnt doing anything except supplying current and voltage (ie power). If you have a digital oscilloscope, you can put the VS at battery, and the you measure at the ECU supply pin. You'll be surprise how many noise is coming in. (But no problem since internal of ECU already have a noise suppressor - manufacturer already cater for this).

Some other person would be saying: "Eh wait.. but i really feel got power wor".. There you go, placebo effect again. I have done a test with VS famous brand (***censored***) and there is no difference. To test it, I ask my buddy to choose by himself either one, but don't tell me:
i) Put in the VS
ii) Take out the VS
We do this for 5 times and after he completed he just let me drive the car. All 5 times I have not noticed ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

GROUND CABLES.
(Boy, am I gonna get in trouble for this part! LOL!)
For new cars, don't bother, unless you like the colorful wires appearance in your engine bay.

What is the purpose of ground cables?
Just to ground all the working parts to virtual earth (ie 0V with respect to the battery voltage). All parts at your engine bay area, (like solenoids (for vtec,AT gbox, lamp,aircon compressor,etc)) are given power supply so the return route is the ground cables. If your car is new, then the ground cables should work just fine. But if your car is old, the grounding cables maybe already rusted and its resistance increased. So the power supply given is lesser since the virtual earth is no longer 0V w.r.t. battery -ve terminal. Maybe we have something like 13V when engine is running (since 1V drop in the rusty cable). So the car performance will be diminished by this. Lamp also not bright as new already, and etc.
And since batt voltage is down, so does the sparking timing and voltage - hence engine not properly combusted.

What the cables does is just to RESTORE (not increase) the car's performance. but since the change goes up, you will recognize it as increase power. Which is not. For eg, if new car, the performance is +5. Then after a while, rusty cable causes it to reduce till +4. Chg cable, it restores it to +5. That's all. No increase of power, no reduce in fuel consumption.

Ok, now shoot me. LOL!

Bro, i like the way u explained. It was very professional. U provide the needed proof to suport your say n pin point all mistake made by any other car user.
Yea i've all of those item u mention which is crap on increasing power output on the engine but i got to say , at times it helps in diff way than increasing power. Like i'm driving a small kenari n the grounding is just mere 3 - 4 mm . So it helps my electronice components when everything is on :rolleyes:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Got trolls coming here kacau u ar 5115? Kasi pancung lor. kaka...

Anyway return to the topic at hand.

Someone said that exhaust system do not increase hp. Actually, ANY CHANGES to exhaust will CHANGE hp/torque - either up or down only.. Anything u change at the extractor/header until the muffler will change the back pressure, hence changing the amount of exhaust gas being expelled out from combustion chamber. And anything you change at the intake, will change the air intake pressure, hence the amount of air coming into the combustion chamber.

If you are on a tight budget, the simplest thing to do is changing the extractor. Even without changing the muffler, changing the extractor helps to prevent hot exhaust gases to reenter during the overlapping of intake/exhaust cycle of the valves. Thus, more air/fuel mixture enters your combustion chamber => bigger explosion => bigger torque/hp.

But still, the stock muffler is restricting the exhaust gas to a certain point. So the best way to improve flow is just to let out a little bit more exhaust by using aftermarket s-flow, or straight flow. You can also go all the way by changing all the pipes to straight flow from extractor till muffler, but IMO this is stupid. Modification must be done with fuel consumption in mind. Sure you will gain highest hp with that setup, but it is not practical for daily drive. Unless you really want to donate all your money to fuel. Plus, you will lose low end torque greatly because the torque curve peak just shift to higher end by doing this.

This setup, accompanied by higher intake flow, (also with some level of restriction), would be the best to be done to any street use car that expects a little bit more power, while maintaining practicality. Intake pipes also should be restrictive, hence if you see most of the designs incorporates somekind of loops. This is to make the intake have some restriction on it. To balance with the exhaust setup.

This reply is a bit digressing. But just to reply to someone who said exhaust mod do not increase power.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Yea some say it doesn't increase the engine power output, and some even it unleashes the potential energy from the engine . Wat i can say is , exhaust tuning help unleashes the engine potential energy by fully drawing out the amount of left over waste gas left in the cylinder. Hence a properly tuned exhaust header can help draw out all of the waste gas out to the exhaust pipe and full charge of fresh air filled the cylinder as a result more complete burning .
Same goes to the intake runner, diff length n dimension will determine the air traveling pressure n velocity. High pressure air will have a good low to mid power, high velocity n volume of air will increase mid to top end power. It is not something chap ayam brand use some steel tubing weld n joint n walaa u get wat u wanted . It need endless testing n calculating to achieve desire performance !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey I've seen there's some great information on here so I thought I'd run my project past the forums to make sure it's correctly planned out.

Like the title says, I'm planning to modify a 1994 Lancer very soon. The 1st thing I want to do is transplant a 4g93 under the hood for extra horses and reliability down the line when I want to turbo.
Will a DOHC MPI or GDI mount straight into the engine bay or am I looking at modifying the mountings?

Also will I need to tune a new ECU for it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience