B14 owner club!!

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
To fellow B14 owners out there...

my B14 GA16DE was behaving strangely recently. Hope you guys can shed some lights in this.
Starting early last Dec, i noticed do not have enough charge, while driving at night, the lights suddenly dimmed, all internal dashboard illuminator dimmed, even the ABS lights was on. The CD player was off for a second, then on again. same goes for the lights, dimmed for a second before regained it's brightness. that was with aircon, cd player, and lights on.

while driving at daytime, it wasn't so bad. at cruising, the CD player will also auto off for a second, then on again, though this is not so frequent. However, if stuck in traffic jam, it will get very bad. i noticed this happen when the aircon fan kicks in, where the was sudden surge in power charge.

At first, I've changed the alternator, it only good for a week before all the symptoms above re-appear. so changed a battery. again, it works for a week only. Bring to another mech, he mentioned the battery is those cheapo china made battery, so changed to a Delkor 55D23L MF battery.

few days later, those symptoms came back. this time changed another alternator. sad to say, problems still not resolved. so all in all, i've changed 2 alternators & 2 batteries and problems still persist. i've tighthen the earth cable connecting from battery to the starter as well.

any of you guys have any idea what's happening?
i'm still new with B14, so this is really puzzling me.

cheers.

dctrue

Known Member
Sep 26, 2007
anyone driving b14 here? any common problems when i buy this car?

and what is the 2nd hand market price for this car? 15k can get 1997 year?

heard that the vct something like that gives problems..any comment? thanks

what should i check before i buy this car? ty

nismo_gts

Known Member
Jul 4, 2007
Gathering B14 Owner
Lokasi : Bagan lalang, Sepang Selangor.
Masa : Dlm Kol 9.30 semua dah sampai sana..
Tarikh : 27/2/10 ~ Sabtu..

acara :

1. Kenal2 ngan ahli2 baru..
2. Pendaftaran ahli nismoclub baru..
3. Penyerahan Sticker Cermin & Tag Ahli NMC..
4. Makan2 ( seafood )
5. Car boot sale..
6. Bergambar ..
7. Manceng..
8. Autoshow..
9. Sukaneka ~ sukahati..
10. Futsal pantai..

Nismoclub :: View topic - @}-----<<GATHERING SEMALAYSIA B14 2010>>------{@

lot

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
kl
900bhp Member

Send a message via MSN to banzai
Default Re: B14 owner club!!
To fellow B14 owners out there...

my B14 GA16DE was behaving strangely recently. Hope you guys can shed some lights in this.
Starting early last Dec, i noticed do not have enough charge, while driving at night, the lights suddenly dimmed, all internal dashboard illuminator dimmed, even the ABS lights was on. The CD player was off for a second, then on again. same goes for the lights, dimmed for a second before regained it's brightness. that was with aircon, cd player, and lights on.

while driving at daytime, it wasn't so bad. at cruising, the CD player will also auto off for a second, then on again, though this is not so frequent. However, if stuck in traffic jam, it will get very bad. i noticed this happen when the aircon fan kicks in, where the was sudden surge in power charge.

At first, I've changed the alternator, it only good for a week before all the symptoms above re-appear. so changed a battery. again, it works for a week only. Bring to another mech, he mentioned the battery is those cheapo china made battery, so changed to a Delkor 55D23L MF battery.

few days later, those symptoms came back. this time changed another alternator. sad to say, problems still not resolved. so all in all, i've changed 2 alternators & 2 batteries and problems still persist. i've tighthen the earth cable connecting from battery to the starter as well.

any of you guys have any idea what's happening?
i'm still new with B14, so this is really puzzling me.

cheers.

check your alternator output before changing it again. full load testing (switch on items one at a time)....if your 'wireman' dunno what it means or finds excuses find a new one.

....check the aircond clutch and other items on the accessory belt see if anything is 'sticking' jammed bearings etc etc...

Good Luck.

Last edited:

tam689

Jul 24, 2006
www.accordburuk.com
anyone driving b14 here? any common problems when i buy this car?

and what is the 2nd hand market price for this car? 15k can get 1997 year?

heard that the vct something like that gives problems..any comment? thanks

what should i check before i buy this car? ty
1997 sentra got 2 model. 1 model with plate number on bumper and 2nd model on rear bonnet. i think quite hard to get 15k 1997 at used car but if direct owner maybe can.

B14Extreme

Aug 9, 2010
U don't know?
hey guy.good day to u all.i was driving B14 year 2000 auto,i buy in 2004 2nd hand cost me near 60K to buy this my 1st belove car.

My Mod are:
(Exterior)
B13 Front bumper(fog light are modified to VR4 Spot light)
Civic Spoiler(fitting nice)
fully Toyota Altis Bodykit(front,side skirt & rear)
16" sport rims wrapped Maxxis MA-Z1 205/50/ZR16(front & rear)

(Engine)GA16DE
Apexi Air filter with Ford laser TX3 air filter Pod
9.5mm Cable plug with Bosch plug
Pivot volt stabilizer & ground wire
"HKS" air compressor fuel saver(at start install use are quiet save fuel,after half year cant see d diff liao or me was heavy foot fault^^)
SPARK covert ignition 12V to 13V(quiet power abit use it)
Extractor 4-2-1 Central bullet using Twist and straight & 2"piping and 2.2" spoon style muffler
PITWORK radiator cap

(Interior)
Subaru WRX full set seat front & rear(thinking wanna change it to SSCUS Viper110 seat)
Apexi RSM Meter(really got cut off when i use it & try it,auto 3rd gear reach 190Km/h)
Kenwood DVD player head unit,KOLE audio speaker frontx2,Ameron Speaker rearx2,KOLE Amp x1,AMERON 12" woofer

Wonder the steering can change it to N15 Steering(price are RM1000-1400 Tan Chong Edar motor stock,include Abs bag and sensor,any one can tell me that the N15 steering can fit B14?)

thinking want to change suspension to adjustable suspension,B14 model are very hard to find suspension stock,ZERO ONE,DDII,PROJECT S this kind brand i have found only.my target brand are TEIN or Eibach Federn spring,but this 2 branded Suspension didn't have my ride model.Sad...T.T any people can suggest me which 1 are suitable for B14?my drive was want comfort and handling good,also want front lower abit,cause it was front higher then rear.under chasis are still original all.

im was searching sentra B14 centre Grille net style.where can i get in?in kelantan state i was tried to find it.cuz i was just finish install full bodykit and paint in from maroon color to 2K crystal white.but d grille was my most like to change it.PLS HELP AND TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET IT>THX ALL GUYS!

Last edited:

hugoho

Feb 8, 2009
i also drive B14 1999 but mod to SR16 NEO VVL, 175HP. i drove 62,000km, no problem at all. But now tot to change to 4WD.

hugoho

Feb 8, 2009
CMNG: Correct....cheer! Long time no see, when free come out for yumcha?

TAM689: Much more different bro....really tapao very far leh. I drove b14 manual before change to SR16VE, anyway, thanks for ur sharing......

B14Extreme

Aug 9, 2010
U don't know?
wa...so far and mostly it was big different thought,is was same 1600CC but...that kind different are amazing...look likes i will find more nice half cut nissan primera P11,but all this SR16VE Neo VVL blue top half cut engine are not cheap also,all d price are raise start from 6K above,that mean this kind engine are quiet popular around this asian country include Australia are still giving this engine spare part supply.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience