R34 GTR MFD unit..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Got a question for those using the Nismo MFDII on a BNRGTR34, have you guys tried the lap timer function? I thought that it was connected to the button on the gear console, but mine doesn't work. I'm thinking it's improper wiring, but a tad lazy to open up everything to confirm.

Or is the button for another feature entirely?
I have the same problem. That is if we're referring to the same button. It's a small button beside the gearshift, mounted on the console but closer to the driver right? The wiring for mine is dodgy but then again, it does not seem like the best place to mount it right.

Dude, Nismo MFD is the same as the little monitor inside your GTR, except their software are little different from standard GTR's. Nismo version have extra function like, Lap timer, G-Force measurement, and etc...The best is, when you starts up your car, the LCD displayed both "GTR" and "NISMO" wording at once!
Also you have increased 'range' in terms of the measurements displayed. If I'm not mistaken, the stock MFD boost goes to 1 bar thereabouts? (someone correct me if I'm wrong - never had the stock MFD) which requires more gauges etc. The Nismo one goes up to 2 bar so that's one gauge less for me (for now!)

eh, where can i get the nismo mfd upgrade?
is it compatible with aftemarket ecu?
Yeah, its definately compatible with aftermarket ECU. I've used both L and DJetro versions of the PowerFC and MFD works fine.

However, I have the software and cable to connect laptop to MFD but sadly its in Japanese. Kaminari, come translate!

kaminari

1,000 RPM

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
lately i`m being so lazy~......... like reading your guys cyber TT

You don`t need that crap analyser... u like to see graph done on street road?heee....this software only works on ODD lappy .....i means WIn 95,98 and NT4.0 only.:sleep:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
[PIMPIN];3496582 said:
I have the same problem. That is if we're referring to the same button. It's a small button beside the gearshift, mounted on the console but closer to the driver right? The wiring for mine is dodgy but then again, it does not seem like the best place to mount it right.

Also you have increased 'range' in terms of the measurements displayed. If I'm not mistaken, the stock MFD boost goes to 1 bar thereabouts? (someone correct me if I'm wrong - never had the stock MFD) which requires more gauges etc. The Nismo one goes up to 2 bar so that's one gauge less for me (for now!)

Yeah, its definately compatible with aftermarket ECU. I've used both L and DJetro versions of the PowerFC and MFD works fine.

However, I have the software and cable to connect laptop to MFD but sadly its in Japanese. Kaminari, come translate!
Correct Pimpin...thanks for adding in..the boost in Nismo version can goes up to 2 bar whereas std MFD only can reached 1.2 bar! :itsme:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually, it's a diy install affair. So kaminari, what is the option button for? From the manual, it appears to be the lap timer (I think) or did I assume (can't read japanese 100%) it wrong?

I guess, I'd have to pull out the console and check the wiring then. Thanks.

BTW, isn't there two versions of MSD? One for the GTR, and the other for non-GTRs?
The sensors included differs between the two versions, isn't it? (forgot the actual sensor included for non-GTR models.)

From the above discussion, it seems like everyone is thinking there is only one version, at least to me?

Last edited:

kaminari

1,000 RPM

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Why not you post up the manual part so we can verify it.From my experience,it`s the lap time switch.

Yes got 2 NISMO MFD version for GTR and non-GTR(vspec,nur,m spec) which the normal GTR kit would come wth Exhaust temp sensor.

alvinT

Known Member

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
did anyone in town know how to install this thing??
is this MFD just support Power FC or any other aftermarket ECU??

alvinT

Known Member

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
sorry bro semperfi...

i'm a newbie here...actually my question is refer to GTT...
so i'm not sure whether anyone around know how to install and setup the MFD...
how bout piggyback? does it function? or only got to be standalone ECU?

semperfi

Known Member

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
sorry bro semperfi...

i'm a newbie here...actually my question is refer to GTT...
so i'm not sure whether anyone around know how to install and setup the MFD...
how bout piggyback? does it function? or only got to be standalone ECU?

Sorry, I thought you were referring to GTR. Rizalaris posted on page 1 but it depends on the sifu itself if he can really install it for you. Gotta ask around some boys here. They might know a thing or two. good luck!:wavey:

V-Spec

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
The MFD will still function if you have a piggy back or a standalone ecu. Not sure who can do it here in Malaysia but I have a copy of the wiring diagram/guide if you wanna embark on this costly project. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

I am in search of any information on 4WD conversion on my satria.. Can anyone one tell me what i will need to do this? e.g parts?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Jo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience