Cheap Polish & Wax in Shah Alam using Meguiar's

May 25, 2009
Price is very reasonable if book online. Happy to what they've done to my old civic. :biggrin:
Shining like a new one now.

Last edited:

Clan79

Jul 1, 2008
Nice to know that POSH CAR CARE has set up a new outlet in USJ 19, Subang Jaya. It's nearer to my house now. hehe... :congrats:

The new outlet is much bigger than can accomodate more cars. Besides, they even have free WIFI now. So, can online while waiting for my car now. :rofl:

For more info, can go to their website at www.poshcarcare.com

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
If you don't mind me asking. what kind of 3-step are we talking about here. Claybar, polish, then wax/sealant? Coz seriously, for me, claybar isn't one of the "steps"

Just to make clear what Meguiar products do they use and what are the 3-steps and 5-steps involved. Honestly speaking, Meguiar's consumer products does lose out quite a bit to their Pro-Detailer products.

On a side note, if the Pro-Detailer products were used, RM148 is a great price for would-be customers.

Clan79

Jul 1, 2008
hi bro, frankly speaking, I'm not really sure if claybar is included in 3-steps. However, I could say they polished my car 2 times after claybar then follow by wax which I presume they mean 3 steps.

Well, I'm more concern on the end result and pricing than how they do their job. If they dont do good job, you can see when you take your car after polish. Dont you agree? Well, my car still shining till now even polished for many months ago. :proud:

If anyone of you have doubt, you can always ask them for demonstration. If satisfy, let them polish. If not, go to other places. haha.....

I suggest you call Edwin or visit their shop if you want to know more. :smokin:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ

leslie_36

Nov 18, 2006

the result on my almost 4 years stock proton paint :)
Hi there! Apparently, it looks good. A newly polished and waxed surface would hardly notice any swirls or hologram if the person is not from this field. A real good polishing work would leave no swirls or hologram even after several washes. Have you tried that? In the auto detailing field, to achieve a true swirls or hologram free surface detailer needs to spend more times, passions and patience. One more thing very important is the ability to read the paint character and products knowledge. I do hope swirls or hologram will not re-surface on your paint.
Honestly, with that amount of charging and the time spend, I do not think it is what you expect to happen on your surface. Please forgive me if my statement is wrong. From your photo, I notice very fine hologram surrounding the reflection on the sun. If you pay attention to the reflection of the sun and move around with it I can assure you hologram is there. Sorry again if I am wrong.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
heloo...wat u pay is wat u get...u xpect 100% swirl free just by paying tat kind of amount???
i think many of us is vr satisfied wit the result n yet it doest burn our pocket

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
wahhhh,

damn interested laa...very very tempting.

Clan79

Jul 1, 2008
Hi there! Apparently, it looks good. A newly polished and waxed surface would hardly notice any swirls or hologram if the person is not from this field. A real good polishing work would leave no swirls or hologram even after several washes. Have you tried that? In the auto detailing field, to achieve a true swirls or hologram free surface detailer needs to spend more times, passions and patience. One more thing very important is the ability to read the paint character and products knowledge. I do hope swirls or hologram will not re-surface on your paint.
Honestly, with that amount of charging and the time spend, I do not think it is what you expect to happen on your surface. Please forgive me if my statement is wrong. From your photo, I notice very fine hologram surrounding the reflection on the sun. If you pay attention to the reflection of the sun and move around with it I can assure you hologram is there. Sorry again if I am wrong.
Hi Leslie, sorry as I may not as professional as you. But, are you sure that "a real good polishing work" would not leave swirls or hologram after several washes? Do you mean "a real good polishing work" will protect car paint against any car washes? Maybe you can share with us on how "a real polishing work" is being done. :biggrin: As i know, a correct way of washing car is important to prevent hologram or swirls mark form after washes. Polishing only remove dirts, scratches, hologram, swirl, watermark, etc.

Normally, wax is applied after polish. But, wax will only protect car against rain, dust, bird shit, etc. But i dont think it will protects swirls or hologram form after several washes. Unless if you're talk about teflon coating that I have some doubts abt it also. :rolleyes:

Just sharing my view. :smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Hi Leslie, I forgot to ask in my last reply. You really can see very fine hologram surrounding the reflectrion on the sun?:confused:

leslie_36

Nov 18, 2006
Hi! Clan79, did you try my method by observing the reflection of the sun while moving your body around the paint surface? From your photo, yeah...there is fine hologram below the sun.
To ensure no swirl or hologram will re-appear handler must do the polishing work under bright light source. (I use metahalide spotlight) After ensuring surface is swirls and hologram free, use wax remover or solvent to wipe on the polished surface see if there is any defects cover-up which may re-surface after several washes. This is to double check the surface. If there are swirls or hologram, re-polish again. If the handler skill is good this should not be a problem and in fact this is the way to deliver 100% swirl/hologram free finishing(mirror effect). After ensuring that the surface is free from swirls, hologram and fine scratches then only apply wax or sealant. To deliver a show car shine, usually it will take some times or 2 days to complete a whole car. Payment must be good la then only it's worth doing. There is no guarantee that swirls mark will not re-appear after several washes. But there are ways to avoid or minimize it. Have you check with those Meguiar's detailer how to wash a car the right way? Believe it or not there are certain technique which can prevent swirl or feather scratches due to improper washing method?
Very simple, 1st of all, wash your beloved car yourself regularly. Preferably at least once a week. Remember! You as your beloved car master bath everyday. You can exercise your body while washing your own car. In today leaving style, people always complaint cannot find time to do exercise. This is the best time. Doing 2 things at one time. Believe me, the satisfaction feeling inside is different from sending it to the car wash. Secondly, and very critical one is washing method. Remember this 5-section system. Always wash the top 1st follow by window glass & windscreens. Then front & rear bonnet, upper door panel. Follow by lower door panel, front & rear bumper. Finally will be the wheel. Just like when you take your shower always from your head first. Prepare 2 pails, one water the other ph balanced shampoo. Always rinse your wash mitt in the water before soaking it with shampoo and wash the surface. Remember apply minimal pressure when in contact in surface. Wash your car 2' X 2' then rinse wash mitt in the water pail before soaking it with shampoo then continue your washing. When the water pails become dirty, change the water. You can check it out on the u-tube. The way I share with you is the Meguiar's standard washing procedures. Remember if you wash your car with care and wax it regularly yourself need not send for polishing for at least one year. And it will be very easy to maintain. When friends compliments your car sparkling shine sure you will be very proud of it because you DIY. Very very important is that you can tell your friend you spend only time and passion. No cash transaction at all. CHEAP ENOUGH, RIGHT? I hope my explanation is not complicated. Should you need any information on detailing a car, please feel free to share with me. I will be very happy to share with you. [/FONT]

Clan79

Jul 1, 2008
Hi Leslie, I'm amazed with your explanation. :biggrin: I'm totally agree that washing car ourself is the cheapest way to maintain the car's paint. Thanks for your explanation on the Meguiar's standard washing procedures. Its very comprehensive and informative that benefits all the readers here.

As for your polishing method, i'm more than agree that your said method needs time, skill, passion and patient. Obviously like you mentioned, it will needs 2 days to do so and the price should be sky high (maybe >RM500). Well, we must also be fair to those auto-detailer that provide reasonable price. :biggrin: If every detailer provides polishing work like you mentioned, I doubt not many people will afford to polish their car. :rolleyes: From my experience to polish my car few times at Posh Car Care, I must said they have done a good job in relative to their price (RM148 only - Promotion price) and quality they gave. They managed to bring back my original paint, remove most scratches and swirls without leaving holograms behind after polish. My car still shining even till now. In my opinion, I think its quite unfair if comparing them to your "real good polishing work". :biggrin: Well, I believe they can do it too if give them 2 days to do so with much higher price. haha...

I know what hologram is. But, I still cant see the fine holograms in the picture. hehe... Sorry..

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Hi! Clan79, did you try my method by observing the reflection of the sun while moving your body around the paint surface? From your photo, yeah...there is fine hologram below the sun.
To ensure no swirl or hologram will re-appear handler must do the polishing work under bright light source. (I use metahalide spotlight) After ensuring surface is swirls and hologram free, use wax remover or solvent to wipe on the polished surface see if there is any defects cover-up which may re-surface after several washes. This is to double check the surface. If there are swirls or hologram, re-polish again. If the handler skill is good this should not be a problem and in fact this is the way to deliver 100% swirl/hologram free finishing(mirror effect). After ensuring that the surface is free from swirls, hologram and fine scratches then only apply wax or sealant. To deliver a show car shine, usually it will take some times or 2 days to complete a whole car. Payment must be good la then only it's worth doing. There is no guarantee that swirls mark will not re-appear after several washes. But there are ways to avoid or minimize it. Have you check with those Meguiar's detailer how to wash a car the right way? Believe it or not there are certain technique which can prevent swirl or feather scratches due to improper washing method?
Very simple, 1st of all, wash your beloved car yourself regularly. Preferably at least once a week. Remember! You as your beloved car master bath everyday. You can exercise your body while washing your own car. In today leaving style, people always complaint cannot find time to do exercise. This is the best time. Doing 2 things at one time. Believe me, the satisfaction feeling inside is different from sending it to the car wash. Secondly, and very critical one is washing method. Remember this 5-section system. Always wash the top 1st follow by window glass & windscreens. Then front & rear bonnet, upper door panel. Follow by lower door panel, front & rear bumper. Finally will be the wheel. Just like when you take your shower always from your head first. Prepare 2 pails, one water the other ph balanced shampoo. Always rinse your wash mitt in the water before soaking it with shampoo and wash the surface. Remember apply minimal pressure when in contact in surface. Wash your car 2' X 2' then rinse wash mitt in the water pail before soaking it with shampoo then continue your washing. When the water pails become dirty, change the water. You can check it out on the u-tube. The way I share with you is the Meguiar's standard washing procedures. Remember if you wash your car with care and wax it regularly yourself need not send for polishing for at least one year. And it will be very easy to maintain. When friends compliments your car sparkling shine sure you will be very proud of it because you DIY. Very very important is that you can tell your friend you spend only time and passion. No cash transaction at all. CHEAP ENOUGH, RIGHT? I hope my explanation is not complicated. Should you need any information on detailing a car, please feel free to share with me. I will be very happy to share with you. [/FONT]
very good explanation bro. :top:

britishpetro2

Known Member
Mar 6, 2009
Yo, i dont see any swirl marks and i dunno what the heck is hologram. But i think they did a good job. By the way, can we get zymol product in shops for diy?

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

And may i know what car is that?

raymond

Known Member
May 19, 2004
Visit site
Drivers. Pay Attention!

1) What you want your car to look like / Feel like?
a) Blink Blink b) Smooth, Water beading c) Nice tighty Clean

2) How you want other look at your car at 1st impression?
a) WOW B) Nice, smooth c) Clean dude

3) What you want your car to do for you?
a) Impressive Show Car b) Jockey Parking Great Looking c) Daily Drive a Clean car

4) What is your daily expenses?
a) RM 50 b) RM 100 c) RM300 and above

Answer yourself for the question above. Lastly, check it out the result at your current car, you know what kind of drivers you are.

I) You are a kind of person that like blink blink, give a nice impression of other as your car is a impressive show car because you capable to spend RM 300 and above to maintain your car and your status..:driver:

Mix and match the above answer, put into a sentense. :D

FACEBOOK by.... Raydiance Autospa :proud:

from
Raymond
Car Wash Worker

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

EPICSTANCE is back and all Stance cult followers are welcomed! The inaugural EPICSTANCE meet & greet last December was an explosive mobilization of 150 cool examples from all over peninsular Malaysia on display. This proves just how much the Stance cult has penetrated the country and diverse these enthusiasts...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience