Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

mark_15

Known Member
Oct 5, 2008
yup...mMmMm.....but 4 wut...campro piston also not that high comp...huhu....better is use campro 1.3 piston..higher dome compare 2 sudu 1.6 campro piston..

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
no lah, i jz waste my time to do match campro piston to 4g18 conrod. c can or not oni. i do wen 4 years ago .

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yup...mMmMm.....but 4 wut...campro piston also not that high comp...huhu....better is use campro 1.3 piston..higher dome compare 2 sudu 1.6 campro piston..
The first version pistons are Bullet type. Quite flat though, but i think got CR10:1. No valve pocket.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
good write up bro... :top:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
ohh, gt two version ah...long time no do silly thing ord.den last time i use is highcompression tat 1 lol. but tat waja not diffrent after high compresion.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
any proton employees here..pls dont shoot anybody if ur mad reading this :biggrin:

normal use is ok...if gasak, then sorry...
agreed..i hv a piece at home waja campro 1.6..been using it for 3 years alrdy..so far it did it's job fine..but this engine is not for heavy duty..if u gasak then it won't last long..to me the most important thing is the service time punctuality..

speed2horizon,
thanks for the info bro..with ur kind of writing is enough to convince people not to buy Waja Campro :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
any proton employees here..pls dont shoot anybody if ur mad reading this :biggrin:

agreed..i hv a piece at home waja campro 1.6..been using it for 3 years alrdy..so far it did it's job fine..but this engine is not for heavy duty..if u gasak then it won't last long..to me the most important thing is the service time punctuality..

speed2horizon,
thanks for the info bro..with ur kind of writing is enough to convince people not to buy Waja Campro :biggrin:
Sorry if I am offending. But I really don;t mean it. Just wanna share what I see.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mark_15

Known Member
Oct 5, 2008
y must not buy waja campro.....its a good car wut...hehe

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
y must not buy waja campro.....its a good car wut...hehe
Acttually nothing wrong with WAJA Campro. Engine not to say problem la... Just that the design of the engine seems less durable.

But 1 thing I cannot tahan is the rear lights design.... Macam taaaahhhiii

mark_15

Known Member
Oct 5, 2008
haha..that i got 2 agree wit u...huhuh....the old 1 is so much better...haha...but thank God la..my car 4 2 3 years edi in the drag scence but got no prob at all....real lasting my campro...

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
The hole in the conrod bearing is not for oil entry. Almost all (if not all) crank bearings and conrod bearings oil supply is from the crank shaft it self. The hole is mainly for piston cooling.

Most aftermarket conrod do not have the oil hole. They can work without it..

The holes under the piston are for oil drainage from the piston oil scraper rings. It is never intended for oil supply to the rings..

I suspect what cause premature failure of the conrod bearing is the conrod and the conrod cap are not aligned properly.. proton bad machine work...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The hole in the conrod bearing is not for oil entry. Almost all (if not all) crank bearings and conrod bearings oil supply is from the crank shaft it self. The hole is mainly for piston cooling.

Most aftermarket conrod do not have the oil hole. They can work without it..

The holes under the piston are for oil drainage from the piston oil scraper rings. It is never intended for oil supply to the rings..

I suspect what cause premature failure of the conrod bearing is the conrod and the conrod cap are not aligned properly.. proton bad machine work...
Thanks for the information.. Appreciated the input.

Urm... If u realize, some aftermarket conrod also have oil lines fromt the crank all the way to the piston pin align right at the center of the conrod shaft. Cooling also.

And for every where the oils went through in a conrod and pistons, they are used as cooling and also lubrication.

And the improper conrod cap and conrod alignment leads to the crank failure where the protuded part of the conrod scraps along the conrod mount on the crank.

Being in the diecasting and molding industry for over 3 years, I know that die casting is loosing money due to the cost of die, aluminum melting machine, maintenance, fuels and remelting of the returns. But machining work are gaining. Machining work cost alot of money.

So, by saving the cost of machining, it simply means they save alot. Imagine 10,000 unit car/year. You'll have 40,000 unit of conrod and 30% spare parts in the market.

52,000 units of conrod produced for 10,000 car. To save RM2 in every conrod, they saved RM104,000/10,000 cars produced. But mana pergi..? Oppss... Sorry... Spoken too much.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone. 2 weeks ago, I was hanging around my mechanic's place doing nothing better than sleeping, gossiping and talking CXCK and laughing laudly... Realizing my mechanic was busy dismentalling a CAMPRO 1.6 engine to overhaul, I decided to get my hands dirty and help him up...

As we were busy dismentalling the engine, we chat about CAMPRO 1.6 BOT failure on Crank and we realizeD BOT DOES NOT FAIL THE CAMPRO CRANK, BOT ONLY ACCELERATE THE FAILING PROCESS OF THE CRANK....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience