Interior car stench

P.I.M.P

Oct 23, 2008
Hi guys,

Wonder if this was ever brought up. Anyways, I'll just ask.

Sometime when u enter other ppl's car, you'll notice a different stench/smell in every car. Like socks smell, coke smell, shoe smell, char kuey teow smell etc.

Is there anyway to eliminate the odor/stench/smell without having to pay a lot of money? I put charcoal in my car, but doesn't really seem to work well. Does putting those humidifier eliminates the problem?

Appreciate your advise

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
pandan leaves.....but it is a bit sissy...
glade car perfumes....really works well
and at weekend, open up yr car doors and let the sun do the working....under hot sun, all those humid stuff will dry off......

and do check if yr car got any leaks...sometimes water underneath the carpet will cause stench.

P.I.M.P

Oct 23, 2008
pandan leaves.....but it is a bit sissy...
glade car perfumes....really works well
and at weekend, open up yr car doors and let the sun do the working....under hot sun, all those humid stuff will dry off......

and do check if yr car got any leaks...sometimes water underneath the carpet will cause stench.
i dun wanna use those glad car perfumes, if put those perfume under the hot sun, smells weird.

yeah the pandan leaves works, tried with my dad's car...i just put charcoal in the car...this wkend gonna open up my car door & leave it under the sun...jemur abit...

kenzo

6,000 RPM
glade perfume is really2 good, if can, park under the hot sun, cover anything that cant take direct sunlight and let it be there, make sure u open up all the doors, and make sure its at ur watch also, like at home or something, natural was is always the best, or buy this can spray, forgot wat brand, it kills bacterias....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
charcoal works , coffee beans too...

if its the moist smell that you have please check for leaks...it might occur again...and you might develop mold which is a health hazard

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Charcoal.

Works in refrigerator, works in cars too!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if not contributing pls don make fun of ppl when we are offering to help.

P.I.M.P

Oct 23, 2008
ok here's actually what happened...2 days ago my mum tapau a packet of frien prawns & left it in the car...then i went to work as usualy for 2 days...i parked in basement parking, lucky not under the sun...

then yesterday, my friend said my car smell like crap...but then of cos i don't smell it cos i'm in my car all the time...so i tot maybe its some other smell...then i went n look around & saw this plastic bag with friend prawns inside...PRETTY MUCH ROTTING!!!!...like jelly already, soft soft...oh man, the smell is horrible!! horribel...so i guess that's where the stench/smell came from ler...

hope to get rid of this this weekend...gonna spring clean my car kau kau...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
wah....like that also can, better expose yr car to hot sun...to clear all the rotten smell....

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
I've seen some people selling a kind of mat which claims to be able to eliminate odor using nano technology.
Juz put it in your dashboard and park you car under hot sun, the sun will activate or start the nano thingy working and eliminate bad odor in the car. Not sure of the effectiveness though but seen a few testimonial which claims it work.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
imho, the bacteria 'eating' away at the fried prawns is giving out the stinking smell.

assuming the fried prawns are left on your seat, you clean your seat thoroughly and leave your seat under the hot sun. if your seat is hard to remove, just clean it and then roll down the windows and leave your car under the hot sun on the weekends.

remember to use cleaners that can kill bacteria or else the smell will linger. by the way, sometimes the smell 'stays' in your car because of the air cond. if you put your aircond to the 'circulate air in the car', the smell can get trapped in your aircond. after you have left your car under the hot sun, maybe you can go for a drive with your windows down, put your aircond to allow air to come in from outside. this should help to clear the smell from your aircond also.

p/s - a good way to avoid 'forgotten' food is to buy those cheap hangers to hang on the head rest of the 2 front seats. this way you will always hang it there and you can see it. leaving the food on the seat can spoil your seat because of the heat (especially leather) and you also scared it will spill on your seat while driving.

hope this helps :wavey:

P.I.M.P

Oct 23, 2008
I've seen some people selling a kind of mat which claims to be able to eliminate odor using nano technology.
Juz put it in your dashboard and park you car under hot sun, the sun will activate or start the nano thingy working and eliminate bad odor in the car. Not sure of the effectiveness though but seen a few testimonial which claims it work.
Where can I find the nano mat? How bout ionizer? Does it work to eliminate odor?

wah....like that also can, better expose yr car to hot sun...to clear all the rotten smell....
Yeah will do it this weekend

imho, the bacteria 'eating' away at the fried prawns is giving out the stinking smell.

assuming the fried prawns are left on your seat, you clean your seat thoroughly and leave your seat under the hot sun. if your seat is hard to remove, just clean it and then roll down the windows and leave your car under the hot sun on the weekends.

remember to use cleaners that can kill bacteria or else the smell will linger. by the way, sometimes the smell 'stays' in your car because of the air cond. if you put your aircond to the 'circulate air in the car', the smell can get trapped in your aircond. after you have left your car under the hot sun, maybe you can go for a drive with your windows down, put your aircond to allow air to come in from outside. this should help to clear the smell from your aircond also.

p/s - a good way to avoid 'forgotten' food is to buy those cheap hangers to hang on the head rest of the 2 front seats. this way you will always hang it there and you can see it. leaving the food on the seat can spoil your seat because of the heat (especially leather) and you also scared it will spill on your seat while driving.

hope this helps :wavey:
Thanks for the info. I got the hooks on the headrest. Just that my mum nvr hook it up. Oh forgot to mention, the fried prawns is in a plactic bag. Nvr kena my seat..LUCKY!!!:driver:

beside pandan leaf...u can try to put the nano blok pad...
Where to buy?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience