Ron95

ALiAS

Known Member
Jun 27, 2009
PJ
dont dare to try 95 laa... afraid... hehehe anyway its good to get knowledge from our sifus here.... but for me, doesn't matter what happend, i'll stick with 97... unless in d middle of highway and got no 97, then have to put 95 lorr.... wut to do... our G got so many plans.... some of them are good... but some.................

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
guys, ron95 is ok for my tezza...being using it for the last 1 week....no significant diff...2 full tank, crusing n town driving.

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
You should be able to get ron97 in Mobil\Esso and Caltex. Some shell have Ron 97.

Petronas only carry ron95...... smart move.....:stupid:

My tank is still on ron 97. Once run dry I will put in ron 95 RM10 just to see the feeling.
If ok may consider using it permanantly. if not will stick to Ron 97.
I too bro use Petronas Primax 3, found out from Petronas not all kiosk carries the Primax 3. Some totally only Primax 95 which is a pain in the $#@. Stay away from Petronas kiosk beside the NKVE Subang Toll.:banghead:

I dare not use the Primax 95 after hearing all the comments, sticking with the 97. Fill up full tank 97 yesterday about 57 litres came up to RM116.85. Damn.

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
To all bros,

U never try and u never know the end rusult. I'm using ron95 (Shell) for my beams now, i feel the engine running ok and feel more powerful, lower fuel consumption. Usually i only put in RM60 for 33+litter of fuel, for ron97 i can only go for about 220-250km (max), but now with ron95 i can go for min 250km when the refuel light's on.

I dono what is the result for others member here, and all the above is my own opinion yah. cheers.... :)

yellowHat

Known Member
Jan 19, 2007
wah pk47.how can ur car get better fuel consumption ah?mine become worse.engine sound also get noisier.more "garang" lh!(dunno good thing or bad thing..ha3).but performance i think quite ok.i m using mobil esso 5000.

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
I not very sure how come is work for my ride, maybe my car still new cos i brought it last year dec, a 2003 altezza. :)
This morning try to pump back ron97, RM60 bucks less than 30 litter of fuel. :( Very big different compare with ron95. Please see my 'feel' below. :)

Ron97 - Ron95
1) Better power on low rpm - Smooth, when vvti kick-in can feel more power
2) Can't feel any more 'toque' when high rmp - Getting more 'toque' and power keep going
3) Engine more quite - Engine sound more 'garang'
4) high fuel consumption - Low fuel consumption
5) fuel not fully burn, can smell petrol - No petrol smell

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
i pumped 60 bucks of RON95 this morning from esso. so far, my tezza is fine with it. just a bit sluggish and lack of power when i push the car with 3rd gear at 6k rpm. engine noise, not much difference. overall, not much difference except power. fuel consumption not yet test. need to wait till i finish this tank first. normally, i get 330km - 360km for 33.33 Liters on RON97. This morning, i also pump in 33.33 Liters. Hope the mileage will be better or not, same with RON97.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
I not very sure how come is work for my ride, maybe my car still new cos i brought it last year dec, a 2003 altezza. :)
This morning try to pump back ron97, RM60 bucks less than 30 litter of fuel. :( Very big different compare with ron95. Please see my 'feel' below. :)

Ron97 - Ron95
2) Can't feel any more 'toque' when high rmp - Getting more 'toque' and power keep going

weird.. ain't it suposed to be the opposite ... does SXE10's ecu smart enuf to self-adjust itself to adapt to the new RON value ??

i pumped 60 bucks of RON95 this morning from esso. so far, my tezza is fine with it. just a bit sluggish and lack of power when i push the car with 3rd gear at 6k rpm. engine noise, not much difference. overall, not much difference except power. fuel consumption not yet test. need to wait till i finish this tank first. normally, i get 330km - 360km for 33.33 Liters on RON97. This morning, i also pump in 33.33 Liters. Hope the mileage will be better or not, same with RON97.
pls remember to provide ur review here... :)

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008

Ron97 - Ron95
Uh you sure?

It's actually the reverse for my car, especially on number 5. My car especially engine bay smells of petrol when I'm on ron95.

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
weird.. ain't it suposed to be the opposite ... does SXE10's ecu smart enuf to self-adjust itself to adapt to the new RON value ??

Yes! u r right. SXE10's ecu will automatic adjust the fuel and airflow output and input to keep the engine performance, because the throtlet body is electronic control. :):driver:

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Uh you sure?

It's actually the reverse for my car, especially on number 5. My car especially engine bay smells of petrol when I'm on ron95.

Maybe i change alot of electronic devices and air filter kua.... :)

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
so far, my tezza is ok with RON95. just that the fuel seems like burned faster. haha. maybe becos it's lack of power and i tend to accelerate more. anyway, will keep you guys updated with my tezza's condition.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
so if the fuel burn faster and u tends to accelerate more (i.e.: press more on gas paddle)..
at the end, i think more or less will similar usage (in term of ringgit value), right?

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
FOR YOUR INFORMATION!

Understanding The Difference between RON92, RON95, RON97 and RON99

The Difference between RON92, RON95, RON97 and RON99

Many said that RON92 oil is the older oil, only suitable for older cars
or for cars that uses carburetor only. There are also some that said
that RON92 oil will make the engine dirty and also said that RON92 oil
is less powerful compared to RON97 and RON99. Before you make any false assumptions, let us see what the real meaning of RON is.

RON stands for Research Octane Number. Octane number or octane rating refers to the gasoline ability to withstand auto ignition (knocking) inside the engine. Higher octane number refers to higher ability of the oil to fight auto ignition. In other words, it means that RON95 is harder to ignite compared to RON92.

Different vehicles are designed to be used with different octane number of oil. Higher octane number oil is basically designed for high
performance vehicles such as sport vehicle and racing vehicle. Why is
that so? This is to avoid premature ignition of oil inside the engine
because of auto ignition, which happens before the spark plug ignite the fuel. This phenomenon is known as knocking. Knocking is not wanted because it reduces the performance of vehicle.

The right usage of octane number based on design and adjustment of
engine will maximize the performance and effectiveness of the vehicle.
Modern vehicles are equipped with knock sensor which enables it to
adjust its combustion timing automatically according to the oil octane
number to avoid knocking or premature ignition of oil.

Not all vehicles require high octane number petrol. You can check your
vehicle fuel requirement inside the guide book of your vehicle or you
can simply check the minimum Octane Rating at the back of the fuel lid
cover of your vehicle. Most cars can still use RON92.

Higher RON number does not means that it is more powerful. It means that it is harder to ignite. It will also cost you more.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where I can find the stuff mentioned above?

preferably the complete set (all 4) so that I can use 5 bolt rims?
It must come with the original discs, caliper and knuckles (since I would not need to buy the things seperately.
Have you come across some at your local kedai potong store?

PM/ reply here with details.

Price and location is all the info I need.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience