proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

Mr.T

Jun 15, 2009
plan 2 convert my wira to evo 4 or evo 5 engine . Any 1 saw ppl do it b4 ? Izit very difficult to change mouting leg to convert ?

Izit possible to use back my evo 3 disc brake & fuel tank if i convert to evo 4 engine?

Hope got sifu can giv some advise. thanks .

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
The Answer >>>>>> http://www.gila-kereta.com/3ProtonWiraevo7.html , http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/293513-wira-evo-7-4wd-for-sale.html

for ur information JPJ WILL NOT ENDORSE anyting like this but when u decide to use as track car ( sure can leh ) no problem on that. got money, everything jalan. i have saw some wira with subaru engine n evo 6.5 engine. in JB ( area pasir gudang, Skudai n Taman U got very crazy wira, waja n perdana ).....nowdays people go wild in modification.

u should upgrade every inch of ur car ( chassis stitching, welding n etc, UR bars, autofoam, 4pot n 2pot disc brake, tyre atleast 235/??/?? , 4WD system gearbox ( have to welding there n here ). at last u will got a monster n can go sepang n play play.

Later when u got all money that u spent for the car from races. u can keep ur car a side ( cant sell ) n go for ur dream car. LOL ....

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
possible mar... as smallmaster replay, even evo7 can put in... malaysia boleh! if RM is not an issue..
U still can use the evo 3 disk brake but not sure whether it can stop the evo 4/5/6/7 speed at the right time. Of course the evo 3 fuel tank is needed. If u plan to 4wd it, u must change the rear floor board to 4wd floor board, the best is floor board from evo1/2/3 because its can be swap with wira rear floor board. All this conversion is not as easy because involve with body, chassis thing and involve with all engine mounting that have to change. Handling is also an issue even if the engine mounting is strong and balance, wear and tear will high mostly on the mounting, also might suffer with crack on your body.
I agree with what smallmaster comment...

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
hey bro..better go for evo3. find any lubang and approved it. can save money. evo3 is still similar power. after approve, go n do chassis welding ( better than evo3 chassis....LOL ), put some bars n hit the road legally as weekend car. can play with wrx n evo's in highway. can save money also.....

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
yes.... go for evo3, buy complete 1 car cut, so u can get what u needed to full conversion to 4wd, if not to full conversion to 4wd, front cut is enough already. Worth spending money then do the evo 4/5/6/7 conversion.

Mr.T

Jun 15, 2009
Smallmaster & 8229,

thx for de advise given . I not planning to go for endorse cuz dis car is juz for fun ride at de weekend sometimes, normally will juz keep at home .I juz wanna do it 2WD onli, n keep de engine ori. erm ... i'm more intrested on e4 or e5 engine rather den e1-e3 . :wink::wink:

Bars, tyre , and brake system i'll replace it . Juz wondering izit very hard to change engine mouting place ? And e4 or e5 dashboard can be fitted into wira ?

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
LANCER CK dashboard can be fit in nicely. Yah got lot of welding n cut for the mounting.

My advice go for evo3 with endorsement. EVO3 power in wira chassis can tapau wrx, sr20det, n etc in road. if u change mounting sometimes u will feel different handling at ur car. Evo3 combined with eclipse gearbox ( u can feel the damn power shakes ur car ).

Anyway its up to u......cheers...just my 2cent

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
if it was me, i wouldnt do it
the evo1-2-3 has a big range of modications
ehem, isnt the fastest evo in the world a evo1-3 ? ehhehehe

Mr.T

Jun 15, 2009
LANCER CK dashboard can be fit in nicely. Yah got lot of welding n cut for the mounting.

My advice go for evo3 with endorsement. EVO3 power in wira chassis can tapau wrx, sr20det, n etc in road. if u change mounting sometimes u will feel different handling at ur car. Evo3 combined with eclipse gearbox ( u can feel the damn power shakes ur car ).

Anyway its up to u......cheers...just my 2cent
Is there any different with Lancer CK dashboard and evo 4 or evo 5 dashboard ?

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

if it was me, i wouldnt do it
the evo1-2-3 has a big range of modications
ehem, isnt the fastest evo in the world a evo1-3 ? ehhehehe
jin u are right , But i juz wanna keep de engine ori . Wouldn't wanna do any modification .
Dono y i realli more intrested on e4 / e5 engine . Another reason is that these engine more new den e1-3 , i think if i could find a half cut that is in good condition, less prob that i nid to face to fix de engine ...

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
Smallmaster & 8229,

thx for de advise given . I not planning to go for endorse cuz dis car is juz for fun ride at de weekend sometimes, normally will juz keep at home .I juz wanna do it 2WD onli, n keep de engine ori. erm ... i'm more intrested on e4 or e5 engine rather den e1-e3 . :wink::wink:

Bars, tyre , and brake system i'll replace it . Juz wondering izit very hard to change engine mouting place ? And e4 or e5 dashboard can be fitted into wira ?
If convert to evo 4/5, it will be quit hard to change the engine mounting place, because they (mechanic) will put in the engine of evo4/5 to your engine bay then they will welding the evo 4/5 mounting bracket that they have remove from the evo 4/5 chassis (of course this will be done after they have remove your previous mounting bracket) maybe some of your chassis will be cut to make space for the gearbox. Evo 4/5, lancer ck dashboard can be fitted to wira, some bracket they have to modified it... and your door skin will be a bit not in same shape as the dashboard when you close the front door.

zoro

Jun 11, 2009
Quite intresting on this thread..

If the engine mount is being cutted or modified..or something similar to word CHANGE..
do u think it is possible to performed??

Mr.T

Jun 15, 2009
If convert to evo 4/5, it will be quit hard to change the engine mounting place, because they (mechanic) will put in the engine of evo4/5 to your engine bay then they will welding the evo 4/5 mounting bracket that they have remove from the evo 4/5 chassis (of course this will be done after they have remove your previous mounting bracket) maybe some of your chassis will be cut to make space for the gearbox. Evo 4/5, lancer ck dashboard can be fitted to wira, some bracket they have to modified it... and your door skin will be a bit not in same shape as the dashboard when you close the front door.

ur advise given is very clear n good point for me . thanks !

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quite intresting on this thread..

If the engine mount is being cutted or modified..or something similar to word CHANGE..
do u think it is possible to performed??
yea it is possible to performe , y not ? It might juz not performe well in terms of handling like e1-3in wira as sifu said .

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
why not buy waja and then convert it to e4 - 7? i think waja is the most similar to e4 - 7?? just my 2 cent..

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
for evo 4/5/6 besides waja, neo, gen2 oso can fit rite...

even the blm saga? changing mounting requires alot of quality work otherwise it will koyak ur chassis..btw ur wira is from wat cc car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought a used car...how to change to a new number? i dont want the existing number to the car...anyone know/got any lubang to change to new number????

willing to invest on a new bike, but i dont want the bike, just to get the number...please pm/reply back

019-324 9797
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience