PS Powersport tuning products

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Since I am receiving too many pm's regarding the PS Power product vs other managements
I would like a decent , constructive thread where someone could come out and tell us all why the PS Powersport is an excelent product, please help me, im stupid , i want to learn from the PS guru's
would like to know the tuning points , the features of the products, the advantage , some PS guru's even said its better than standalone ecu's, errr i wonder how , educate me

Can I know Sir

what is this

in comparison to this

or this

or
educate me Masters , im a newbie

or maybe this
PS Powersport Air Sensor Convert vs Microtech MT4 where both u ditch the air flow

Last edited:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
huhu...so if this thing power,means Jo1,ahlai,mie blue eg and many more participant at
sepang r wasting their money la,instead of buying the stand alone management.Since this so called
PS sound powder full.:hmmmm:

Last edited:

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
trinityblood, not even our local champions, but tony rigoli also kusut kepala.
le mans, touring cars, wrc, all professional racing that use motec, bosch motorsport even worst

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
PS been around since the 80's.. to my last understanding of this brand, there are a few guys in Sabah who are pretty good with mother boards and had bought some samples from other makers to copy the circuitry and created their own casings and brand. It was mainly along the Greddy Profec B and Apex AIC (Additional Injector Controller) modules... back in the 80's these were the "in thing" ....but came the 90's and the big makers moved up the ladder with nicer and more advanced circuitry and outlook..for example AFC and EVC and etc....

~my 2 cents memory~

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i used the enhancer 2 last time.. it consist of 6 wires if im not mistaken. to make things short. the concept is to adjust fuel via changing the map sensor voltage value across the 3 rpm point. the 1st button is the master where u set the idle mixture untill around 2k rpm.another button is the master when FULL throttle. another 3 is voltage adjustment across the 3 rpm point. its analog. so for mild adjustment its enough as the powerband curve is still there.

the only reason i swap is because i need more tuning flexibility and the problem wid gadget playing around the map sensor voltage , is when I fix a larger injector, i have to reduce the voltage... and it effect my TIMING too ... the timing will be low and sluggish during off boost as most of the setting is in negative value and the car ran lower timing then stock.. causing lost in power.

quality wise. so far never failed on me yet tis thing... had been used many hands... till now after i sold it.. the person i believe still using it..
price? not sure.... cause it came together wid my car. not sure previous owner buy how much.. but i heard he bought 2nd hand also ....

the only other 2 thing i personally bought frm PS is the narrow band mixture indicator. quite usefull as a guide inside. the value there doesnt represent actual value but better than none .... quality of this thing.. i would say not good. failed after 11 months of usage... opened up .. inside terbakar sudah everything.

and another is the spark plug. ran alot of miles... actually its a denso.... overall its very good. even now i still buy back denso to use.

comments... enquired few items. seems too expensive in my opinion. if its cheap, it will be a good start gadget for starters who do mild mods, BOT, some performance parts plug and play supportive mods, and also to eliminate restriction.. reason why i say tis is going standalone at the start might not be a good idea for beginers as it will be too complicated for them to learn and slowly become to reliable to mechanic or tuner, which open up the opportunity of kena kencing tis and that.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i used the enhancer 2 last time.. it consist of 6 wires if im not mistaken. to make things short. the concept is to adjust fuel via changing the map sensor voltage value across the 3 rpm point. the 1st button is the master where u set the idle mixture untill around 2k rpm.another button is the master when FULL throttle. another 3 is voltage adjustment across the 3 rpm point. its analog. so for mild adjustment its enough as the powerband curve is still there.

the only reason i swap is because i need more tuning flexibility and the problem wid gadget playing around the map sensor voltage , is when I fix a larger injector, i have to reduce the voltage... and it effect my TIMING too ... the timing will be low and sluggish during off boost as most of the setting is in negative value and the car ran lower timing then stock.. causing lost in power.

quality wise. so far never failed on me yet tis thing... had been used many hands... till now after i sold it.. the person i believe still using it..
price? not sure.... cause it came together wid my car. not sure previous owner buy how much.. but i heard he bought 2nd hand also ....

the only other 2 thing i personally bought frm PS is the narrow band mixture indicator. quite usefull as a guide inside. the value there doesnt represent actual value but better than none .... quality of this thing.. i would say not good. failed after 11 months of usage... opened up .. inside terbakar sudah everything.

and another is the spark plug. ran alot of miles... actually its a denso.... overall its very good. even now i still buy back denso to use.

comments... enquired few items. seems too expensive in my opinion. if its cheap, it will be a good start gadget for starters who do mild mods, BOT, some performance parts plug and play supportive mods, and also to eliminate restriction.. reason why i say tis is going standalone at the start might not be a good idea for beginers as it will be too complicated for them to learn and slowly become to reliable to mechanic or tuner, which open up the opportunity of kena kencing tis and that.
thanks bro :D , this is wht i calld constructive hehe
agree with you , not to say PS powersport is not good at all , bt there are limitations in the product that they must accept , there are limitation in all products including microtech , haltech and etc , jst that i dnt understand why the PS Powersport fans mati mati say its the best till for them its even better than a standalone :D untill i need to get a PM which says "f**k u , PS is the best bla bla bla" hehehe

like u explained to me in TT few months back , PS is easier to use even at beginner level and is sufficient to a certain level :) , when the timeline goes everyone needs something bigger

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
last time my friends fiat coupe used that...
the fuel afr ok la but very rufff...not straigh line...
then he changed to unichip much much better...
its basically like afc5 button...old school...
old technology.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
off topic abit... now pulak i start to encounter e manage ultimate limitation . if you would allow me to share what i had encounter.

1) is the famous rev cut limiter setting. its not too stable. meaning to say after all the so called clamp at certain rpm and then input injector duty cycle and hold for certain ms. this thing isnt consistant... i get my "set" rpm on 1st and 2nd gear but not on my 3rd gear. sometimes i get... sometimes i dont...

2)map resolution 16 x 16..... not enough in all aspect.example... load vs rpm. 500rpm increment each time... 16 box means up to 8000rpm... sure can re-scale and it wont be fine anymore. so have to pick a point. since its a piggy back .. stock ecu is sufficient to play the front off boost drivability wise. so the scale can jump every 1000rpm. till around 3500 where start seeing boost then can do 500 increment so that i will have more rpm to tune at the back... same goes to load. even wid a 3 bar map sensor. i have to rescale my vacum to only use 3 box and the rest boost.. scaled up to 2 bar... front low boost can scale further abit.. but the critical part really need some finer resolution. maybe im not too good to tune. so not sure if thers any xtra trick to tune.

3) ignition timing not consistant... tis is bad... on my top end. somewhere near 7000rpm, my torque start falling , since its after peak torque , i raised up timing till i detect knock and back off. thats around 25 degree. no knock, low compression, 1.8bar of boost... but when i datalog it.. at some time the timing can go till 26 and ngam ngam 26 knock will happen and the stock ecu pulled back heaps of timing to eliminate knock causing drastic drop in power... no wonder sometimes felt the car isnt pulling right wid my butt dyno.. datalog it and seen tis happen.

will soon give a try on microtech lt16.. see how it goes... just damm :smokin:scare i cant get the damm car start and drive right in the first place.

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
buy LT10S la..problem all solved...:biggrin::biggrin:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
hola hola... no deviations guys... stick to PS discussions.. :smokin:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
well...you started this thread solely for PS products..good / bad...

so..back to topic.. for simple beginners..yes..it's ok LAH to use.. when it comes to complex issues..i doubt it can handle, if it could, well...99.99% of the race teams (Drift, Drag, Rally, Circuit, Endurance, etc) would've been using it.

Imagine this..

If you had a race prepared engine..how many PS boxes you'd be having in your dash console ?
5-6 units ? holy cow...that's really cluttered versus a standalone ECU like Motec or Autronic which can even handle telemetrics and GPS and so many more advanced functions.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
well...you started this thread solely for PS products..good / bad...

so..back to topic.. for simple beginners..yes..it's ok LAH to use.. when it comes to complex issues..i doubt it can handle, if it could, well...99.99% of the race teams (Drift, Drag, Rally, Circuit, Endurance, etc) would've been using it.

Imagine this..

If you had a race prepared engine..how many PS boxes you'd be having in your dash console ?
5-6 units ? holy cow...that's really cluttered versus a standalone ECU like Motec or Autronic which can even handle telemetrics and GPS and so many more advanced functions.
true, bt would really like to see the magic of this box
the PS guru's should tell more , cos when they can PM me and say "F**k u"
im sure they can post it out here n tell everyone how good it is :D
if info is good , it will deserve a sticky , come on, dnt be shy buddy

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
i've personally known CF Lo for many years...ever since the late early 90's when he promoted PS.. well i don't wanna comment on how good he is or how bad he is... just that he is very convincing..

enough to convince former drag hero ...CAN 1 to drop off the HKS sequential box and F-Con for PS products... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

Can anyone pls tell me where can i install bonnet pin lock wit a good workmanship, coz i just paint my car so don wan to scratch it. normally they charge how much for the installation?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience