Aftermarket Suspension Experience

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I think go for sport spring + abs will be the better select instead of coilover.
:biggrin:

Bump: I think go for sport spring + abs will be the better select instead of coilover.
:biggrin:

Dampachi

Jan 4, 2009
so bro,... wat is the setting for front & rear ? I mean soft/hard...:biggrin:

I currently put front & rear same 12 click from soft to hard... but wat the is best setting ne? to suit highway & town road....:hmmmm:

might to share....:adore:
bro, u need to set more harder on front side than rear...
shouldn't set same for both side...

u know which is soft and hard setting?...i meant the direction...clockwise and anticlockwise

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
than ur car can get free scratch under car body from every road bump.... ha.. ha...:biggrin:

:driver:..scratch...:driver: scratch...

Bump:
bro, u need to set more harder on front side than rear...
shouldn't set same for both side...

u know which is soft and hard setting?...i meant the direction...clockwise and anticlockwise
oh... actually my ride now is 4G13 wira aeroback... currently i set front 12 click & rear 14 click.... should i change to front 14 click & rear 12 click from soft to hard.

clockwise should be hard & anticlockwise should be soft right??

:adore::biggrin:

Dampachi

Jan 4, 2009
clockwise should be hard & anticlockwise should be soft right??
yes...u should start form the hardest setting is no.1
more numbers mean more softer ( easy to remember :biggrin: )

oh... actually my ride now is 4G13 wira aeroback... currently i set front 12 click & rear 14 click.... should i change to front 14 click & rear 12 click from soft to hard. :adore::biggrin:
check back yur step setting...this time i still dunno yur setting number 12 & 14 starting from the softest or hardest

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
yes...u should start form the hardest setting is no.1
more numbers mean more softer ( easy to remember :biggrin: )

check back yur step setting...this time i still dunno yur setting number 12 & 14 starting from the softest or hardest

Big issue here... cos i bought it 2nd,3rd or might be 4th hand TEIN Fully Adjustable from fren. The previous onwer oso dunno how many level click.... I think I should post up the PIC here let u c the adjustable ... is from which TEIN model.

Some said is modify from other model of car such as Nissan to suit wira use... (I not really sure, but i tot send it to N1Racing to have a look ... end up felt that a bit shame la.. cos my old junk car liao ma... at N1Racing many monster car ne... very ""malu"" la:biggrin:).

I will take d pic today... than post up here asap... than u all can give me more advise lo:biggrin::biggrin:

TQ... TQ...

Dampachi

Jan 4, 2009
Big issue here... cos i bought it 2nd,3rd or might be 4th hand TEIN Fully Adjustable from fren. The previous onwer oso dunno how many level click....

it is easy to check how many clicks u have laa bro...

1st step, ( front asb ) click clockwise until end. This time u can count start from '0'.
Start to click anticlockwise, count how many clicks until end then u will know.

same goes to rear asb.

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
it is easy to check how many clicks u have laa bro...

1st step, ( front asb ) click clockwise until end. This time u can count start from '0'.
Start to click anticlockwise, count how many clicks until end then u will know.

same goes to rear asb.
ha...:biggrin: u r rite!! sorry bro,.. i 1st time use fully adjustable .

That's mean.. correct for us to tune the stiffness of the ride is start from the hardest setting than slowly adjust anticlockwise to get the seeting that we need? Rear oso same lor....... cos,.. many fren said don't always click cos will spoil the internal valve wow....:listen:

oki .. after work than I try all 4 asb to start from "0" click d hardest...

Dampachi r u related to TEIN products ka? u dealer ka? or u just using it as nickname oni....

:adore::adore:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
the way to adjust the settings depends on each individual.

I myself am a first time user of adjustables as well. Let me share how i adjusted my settings (bear in mind that there is no such things as the BEST settings, it is up to individual tolerance and needs)

First round, i set everything to the softest.
when for a round around my place which has twisted roads.

then slowly set it harder to harder
First with the front harder than the rear
which kinda gives me lots of understeer.
Then i change my settings to front softer than the rear
and it was much better but lacks the stiffness.
So i adjusted slowly to harder and harder settings until i found the current settings which suits my driving style.

A bit of roll so i can feel the road and not too harsh for normal day to day driving.

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
just remember, soft damping have more grip, harder damping loose grip. it also depends how u drives and handles your car during cornering. tyre pressure also plays a role, if u want alot grip, deflate tyres to 28psi and try harder damping rate, this will resulting lesser movement on the suspension n spreads all the pressure on the tyre contacting the surface of the road resulting more grip. every car weight distribution front/back are different, so try different settings accordingly to the way u want the car to reacts, some ppl like neutral, some likes slides rear, some ppl like full grip without sliding at all. just test drive ur car a few times and u will get the right setting :)

but definitely, for daily driving, softest is the best, i tried maximum comfort with performance, which is 7 clicks on the front damper, and 5 clicks on the rear damper....anything higher will be discomfort like go-kart...hehe (TEIN HA)

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
that will be comfort + lowered look, not performance

bumpy mode will caused ur tyre slip on the road .. unless u are in track...:driver:
My next setup will remove my coilover and go for performance abs + spring.

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
halu
where else can get tein except n1racing? hpw much the price?
elo, pls search in the zth marketplace lo... i saw some member selling it .. but wat is ur ride??

price around rm2K if not mistaken...

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
After market suspension does look good as they lowered your ride and look more sporty, but, it is so bumpy till you felt like going back to OEM one of these days...at least this is what happen to me....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience