Strengthen Engine Mounting or Engine Damper

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
additional accessories...

Don;t really need it also most of the time.

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
go for Solid Teflon engine Mounts.........btw,not suggested to install all with it...just front or the rear of engine only...

Last edited:

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
mayb he shld get a real "Genuine/Original" mounting...
Replaced with genuine mounting all this while

go for Solid Teflon engine Mounts.........btw,not suggested to install all with it...just front or the rear of engine only...
I'm think of this also
Someone advised me no point going for engine damper
As it might leak oil sooner since my ride is a NA FI ride hence its original arent design for FI use
Unless i get alternative for ex. Evo engine damper and custom it onto my ride

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
TEFLON mounting on a daily ride..?? Sorry, I don;t sugest that... Don;t really like the vibrations... Even with Evo's mounting on the bottom front and rear, I already feeling the car vibration increases...

Replaced with genuine mounting all this while

I'm think of this also
Someone advised me no point going for engine damper
As it might leak oil sooner since my ride is a NA FI ride hence its original arent design for FI use
Unless i get alternative for ex. Evo engine damper and custom it onto my ride
There are alot of BOTers having cars with 200++ ponnies out there. They are not using a damper... I suggest u to go for Evo's front and rear mounting and maintain the sides with Mitsu's/Proton's... So far worked quite well for me...

Feels the gear shift response too...

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
i use 4 evo mounting in my GSR + engine damper. for the beginning u will rasa the vibration very uncomfortable laa..but when dah biasa, is ok

Ivan54

Known Member
Dec 5, 2008
i m using cusco engine mounts without any engine dampers.the vibration is $%^&*((***&^%.
none of my female colleagues want to sit my ride when going out for lunch.:biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i m using cusco engine mounts without any engine dampers.the vibration is $%^&*((***&^%.
none of my female colleagues want to sit my ride when going out for lunch.:biggrin:
lol... CUSCO mar... For tracks usage... Try teflon mounting. U'll be cursing entire world.... wakaka, even male colleagues won;t seat on ur ride.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.. my gen2 is fitted with front airbags and i wanted to change my steering to those aftermarket ones (without airbag). initially was planning to keep my original steering so when i want to sell off my car i can install back the original steering but my concern is do i need to disconnect / sealed / cut-off any wiring to prevent the airbag from activating before installing aftermarket steering? thanx in advance guys & girls..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience