HPC TRACK DAY NOV30th

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Feedback from event, Group 3 AM session:-

1) HPC needs to vet the entries to the so-called 'expert' group, most of the participants are on the wrong lines, and did not seem to grasp the concept of letting faster cars go through. Faster drivers / cars will find their way past, the slower car should not suddenly change the line - very dangerous. Granted, it is not a competition event, but a faster car is still a faster car and will want to continue lapping at their own pace. Drivers in Group 3 should be able to safely drive at their own pace and respect that there may be faster cars out there, no need to be a hero and suddenly try to race the car that caught up to you.

2) Cars crossing the white line at pit exit. I brought up the matter during the first debrief for Group 3, and totally do not agree with the comments that went something along the lines of: "yes that's usually the rule, and you guys should NOT cut it for safety reasons ....... BUT, with the kind of cars here today, it's okay if you cut the white line when near entry to Turn 1....". The latter caveat is probably why the very next session, cars were still cutting the white line on exiting the pits. I don't know about other cars, but I'm clocking 235-240km/h just before hitting the brakes at the 100m braking marker - if I'm already at maximum braking force and some idiot cuts out onto the racing line, a very very very NASTY accident is going to happen.

HPC did stress during the debrief that Group 3 is meant for experienced drivers and overtaking is free if done in a safe manner. I would suggest that 'certain' participants put their egos on the back burner, and join Group 1 or 2 at future HPC events as the rules and pace in the said Groups would be more suited to their experience, which would lead to a much safer track experience for all of us. Just owning an expensive / fast turbo car does NOT = Group 3 !

/end rant

- J f D -

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hey Mist i agree with your points.

Btw saw your runs, awesome late braking. I kept wondering when u were going to brake since u were hurtling down the straight so fast. :adore:

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site

2) Cars crossing the white line at pit exit. I brought up the matter during the first debrief for Group 3, and totally do not agree with the comments that went something along the lines of: "yes that's usually the rule, and you guys should NOT cut it for safety reasons ....... BUT, with the kind of cars here today, it's okay if you cut the white line when near entry to Turn 1....". The latter caveat is probably why the very next session, cars were still cutting the white line on exiting the pits. I don't know about other cars, but I'm clocking 235-240km/h just before hitting the brakes at the 100m braking marker - if I'm already at maximum braking force and some idiot cuts out onto the racing line, a very very very NASTY accident is going to happen.
Yes, to me crossing the white line exiting the pit lane is an ultimate no-no... Anyway, wouldn't it be faster to travel straight then to cut across and cut back in for T1???? I was behind cars which cut across the white line while I maintain my straight line acceleration, but they weren't much further ahead in faster cars when we both approached T1...

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Bro, it's OK. Don't worry about it. I'm the one that ran to you with my fire extinguisher when I passed... I'm the blue Subaru GC8 driver. :itsme:
Thanks a million bro! Quite dangerous though you stopped to help. hehehe... very kind of you. I'll blanja you teh tarik on our next outing @ sepang ya?

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
fabian,
Agree w/ u on the white line rules. Also I told my frined plz no smoking in the pit area. very danger too....!!

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
aiyoyo... sorry bro.. not my intention to blow my engine.. hahaha... please accept my apologies.

btw, why was group 2 session 2 cut short as well? too many spin outs ah?
no worries buddy.... actually in the brief they did mention at 1 point there were like 5 spin outs in 1 session. n 1 particular car no. did spin out in nearly all the sessions as mentioned by the hpc official. i believe so.

good outing though.....

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007

1) HPC needs to vet the entries to the so-called 'expert' group, most of the participants are on the wrong lines, and did not seem to grasp the concept of letting faster cars go through. Faster drivers / cars will find their way past, the slower car should not suddenly change the line - very dangerous. Granted, it is not a competition event, but a faster car is still a faster car and will want to continue lapping at their own pace. Drivers in Group 3 should be able to safely drive at their own pace and respect that there may be faster cars out there, no need to be a hero and suddenly try to race the car that caught up to you.

HPC did stress during the debrief that Group 3 is meant for experienced drivers and overtaking is free if done in a safe manner. I would suggest that 'certain' participants put their egos on the back burner, and join Group 1 or 2 at future HPC events as the rules and pace in the said Groups would be more suited to their experience, which would lead to a much safer track experience for all of us. Just owning an expensive / fast turbo car does NOT = Group 3 !

/end rant
hi.. totally agree with your points.. however, for this particular situation, i still think the fact that the drivers were allocated in different groups was already a better thing than going in an open track day where u'll get a 'worse' mix of cars and drivers, if u get what i mean..

anyways, what car were u driving? 240 on the straights and braking at 100m mark is super.. 211? r35?

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Adam,
211 ada itu..??? /keke....

240 @ the strights.. i do know 1 Mazda B8 can do that.

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
Adam,
211 ada itu..??? /keke....

240 @ the strights.. i do know 1 Mazda B8 can do that.
kekeke.. the lotus track car..

oo, there's a few other cars that day was capable of doing that. CLK DTM? e60 M5? perrghh...

harbx

Known Member
Jun 30, 2005
KL and Penang
Thanks a million bro! Quite dangerous though you stopped to help. hehehe... very kind of you. I'll blanja you teh tarik on our next outing @ sepang ya?
No problem bro, I figured if it was going to kaboom there would probably be a bigger fire, if small fire still can help la - at least save the car ma, but luckily nothing of that sort.

Seen before on some track days, people's engine on fire but no fire extinguisher to help, they just stand there and watch the engine bay burn. :banghead:

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Adam, I was driving my S15 Silvia :)

Car's doing 2m 32s lap times in traffic on old semi-slicks (based on SIC official timing from previous events). Had to back-off on most laps, decided that it was just safer to out-drag / out-brake on the straights since so many cars were moving on the lines in the corners.

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
Adam, I was driving my S15 Silvia :)

Car's doing 2m 32s lap times in traffic on old semi-slicks (based on SIC official timing from previous events). Had to back-off on most laps, decided that it was just safer to out-drag / out-brake on the straights since so many cars were moving on the lines in the corners.
nice.. white? grey? see u around.. :D

AlvinHPC

Dec 13, 2006
People,

Please do not stop or get out of your car at any time. In HPC we have race control and we will make sure that marshall take care of any incident. Stopping n getting out is dangerous.

Thanks

Bump: People,

Please do not stop or get out of your car at any time. In HPC we have race control and we will make sure that marshall take care of any incident. Stopping n getting out is dangerous.

Thanks

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Adam: white one with penang plates. Is yours the CSL?

Last edited:

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
hi mist, im oso driving an S15, and i noticed ur car is very well setup. question: do you still retain the ABS pump? im having issues with the ABS overheating in my car. would really appreciate some tips on setup.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro/Sifu,

My Kancil got this problem just after doing the top overhaul of my Engine. Went into the same pomen/mechanic and he said something about oil seal leak etc. after all that he had done, its still leaking. my last drive just 2300km and the indicator warning already on. need second opinion from other sifu out there.

TQ for your reply.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience