Custom Polyurethane Engine Mounts

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hello people,

Have you guys come across anyone doing custom polyurethane engine mounts? Any information will be useful.

Also, if any of you have moded your stock motor mounts with PU, please share some info, especially on where to buy the PU Gam...

I have been searching for PU, especially 3M Windo-Weld Super Fast Urethane or similar products but always hit a brick wall....:banghead:

So if anyone here has some info on where to get this....please please help....:adore:

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Nope...Have already checked out Ace. Have e-mailed 3M malaysia still no news...

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
There is one guy by the name of Bernard of AOS Workshop, who uses some form of red polyurethane paste to reinforced the ori engine mounts.

He has a workshop in Shah Alam and also sells 'Juice' petrol additive but I have lost his handphone no and address.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
for street car, engine mounting not recommend to use PU lar.... later ur whole car shake dun complain.... rubber mounts are there to minimize engine vibration and shocks... u can try get harder compound rubbers.... but PU is overkill...

use PU for ur suspension bushing den its ok...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
u dnt need 3M
go to sparepart shop, ask them for PU for windshield installation

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
risya - thanks for the info bro but in case you find his contact, please let me know..:wavey:

skywalker - Understand where you are coming from. I am driving nissan u12 with an SR20 auto n/a. The problem with this car is that it only comes with 3 engine mounts...2 side (l/r) and 1 rear. no front mount.

My rear mount is giving way to wear an tear and given the current quality of products in the market...i cant be changing the rear mount every 18months...so the idea is to just reinforce the rear mount to stop the engine from rocking back and forth heavily. By the I am very familiar as to the effects of PU mounts or bushing.

Bro jin - PU for winsdcreen installation.....do i need primer for those? cos with 3m, i dont to to prime the surface...picit and fill saje..but it does sound like an idea...:burnout:

Thanks bros for your input....:biggrin:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
those under tree mech uses those pu glue for quite sometime liow to reinforce the engine mount.
cheap solution.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
hi bro....have gone around to some of these mechs and the type of PU glue sealant they show is the softer version of what i am seeking.

I have however found a mechanic who makes his own teflon based mountings....bugger that thing is real hard...:argh:

if you have constipation problem :toilet:...one mounting will be damn good for your digestion...:rofl:

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
I dun know whether can help u or not. I'm using getah timing belt to fil up the gap between the bush and frame. anter that sealing wth silicon biasa....not bad...till now can use.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Guys...nice to some exchange of ideas...

Am still hunting for the elusive 3M product.

So far what I have done is to change the faulty mounting on my u12 and add a front mount...i was lucky to find a bracket...the problem is considered solved at the moment but i will continue to find ways to make the mounts last...a wee bit longer.

SlowDeto

Apr 11, 2005
bro, i hv use the method like jinkl said for sometime and it works for me. and the windscreen pu is "sikaflex", its not too hard but it do reinforced the ori mounting.

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
i'm using for my otr car and still using it...okeh what:proud:....no need to install all the mounting with it...just at the back...bcoz dont want engine lean backwards when hi rev...minimize power lose...feel better and like changed to new clutch..

btw its NOT PU but mine is TEFLON.:biggrin:

Attachments

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i'm using for my otr car and still using it...okeh what:proud:....no need to install all the mounting with it...just at the back...bcoz dont want engine lean backwards when hi rev...minimize power lose...feel better and like changed to new clutch..

btw its NOT PU but mine is TEFLON.:biggrin:
dnt use this material unless u plan to crack ur chassis for a daily drive

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. My friend's Yellow EG Ferios was stolen last Sunday, 2AM at MBO, Terminal Two Seremban. He went there to watch a movie. So please be extra careful if you go there. The place is equipped with CCTV but were told that not all are functioning. Below is the info of the stolen car:

1. Yellow colored EG ferio
2. Black front hood
3. Bronze CE28 replica rims
4. Plate number JCP 1636

Kindly please contact me at 013 if you happen to see the car anywhere.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience