MR2 SW 20 owners discussion thread

BigJoe

Known Member
Sep 7, 2008
Maybe until i put on that big turbo...(very soon):biggrin::biggrin:

Yup, today went to the exhaust shop at sunway for intercooler installation matter..i think will pasang it tomorrow morning..price reasonable as you mentioned before..

Also went to the tyre shop (Ah Meng), aiks..the work meister 18' SOLD to skyline fellow just past few days ago ....:banghead::banghead:

Anyhow, thanks for your info..

kazamai

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
lol,no 1 got BOV/SQV blitz type 1 meh? n i m looking for used wastegate,TIAL or HKS,who got please do sell me ler,i need for my evo 1,thx thx
max,i gut 1 unit wastegate tial ori..bought new just used for 2 month..if ur interested pls do pm me..

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
My MR2 story…

As some of you already know I’ve decided to sell my SW20 and move on to a new project. What car exactly I don’t know yet... I’m still thinking about it

But for those who are still not sure about their SW20’s well, trust me when I say you can’t really find a car to replace it. I’ve been reading up and talking to a lot of people, but I keep hearing about ‘flaws’ in my other options for my next project car. I’m talking about cars which fall in the same category or similar price range of course.

The SW20 has the power, weight advantage, reliability, fuel efficiency, attitude (good and bad) and stunning good looks to wrap up the package. The SW20 is a great car.

All in all I had a great experience in owning an iconic mid engine sports car. So if your hesitating, don’t! Go ahead and buy one.

And even as I type this I’m planning a come back one day to the realm of the mid engine wonder :-)

I tot I’ll share.

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
I am rebuilding my SW20 245 engine. Since Open up the engine;

1) Thinking send for balancing. Do you know roughly how much normally charge?

2) How other things u will recommend me to do to increase the responsive of the engine? (In fairly cost or value for money job):hmmmm::hmmmm:

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
1) few hundred...but u need to prepare all the parts b4 u can send it to balancing

2)change forged 87mm piston.....not more than RM2300 1 set.....cheaper than most car......

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
1) few hundred...but u need to prepare all the parts b4 u can send it to balancing RM900 also few hundred la...

2)change forged 87mm piston.....not more than RM2300 1 set.....cheaper than most car......
RM2000...?? :deal::help::stickyman:Can not afford that la.

Oh, am thinking to weld the oil temp sensor socket into the oil sump too. Any idea where can get the socket? Is it universal?

Last edited:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
should be around 500-700 for balancing....i balanced my 20v few years back was 400++

razmrtwo

Mar 10, 2008
Guys, how to visually check if the gearbox is for Turbo model or not? How to differentiate Turbo and NA gearbox?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
big n small.....turbo driveshaft also bigger, inside shaft also bigger.....

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
was testing the car last nite. experience once that the accelerator stuck for a while when i step on it, any sifu can help me on what to check on? thanks...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve already covered Red Bull’s no-holds-barred X1 racer, a look at formula racing if the rulebooks and nannies were tied up and roasted to a crisp in a flurry of turbine exhaust fumes, exactly what powers the X1.

While the pictures in the first posting don’t really do the car justice...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience