20V time to reach optimal operating temperature

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Hi guys,

Was just wondering, how long does your 20V gets to the optimal temperature when you first start your car in the morning? Mine takes only 4 minutes for the needle to reach the halfway mark & I think its too fast or am I just worried over nothing? TQ.

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Hm... I think you are worried over nothing, 4 minutes should be ok, but not recommended to leave it idling and wait for the engine to warm up as idling have much lower oil pressure than driving, idle for 30 second is already more than enough. The reason why it should go up to optimum working temperature is because your thermostat is still functioning very well.

That's how it's supposed to be anyway, which, unfortunately, a lot of people just take off the thermostat based on recommendations of most "bawah pokok" mechanics.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
second that....that should be good since u have good cooling...
i will worried is the engine hard to cool down

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Just out of curiousity, I doubled checked on mine, from totally cold start(today never driven my 20v out before), started engine before i opened the gate, then until the first junction leading to LDP is 4 minutes and my temp is up to the average driving temperature, so I guess yours is just nice. Just in case you want to know, mine juz recently had the thermostat changed to a brand new original unit so it's working correctly :biggrin:

It does save some fuel having the car working at the right temperature quickly as when the cold it cold, it usually runs a bit richer than it should be.

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
mine also take 4minutes(sempat isap sebatang rokok hehe..). if i go before warm up, it becomes semput maa..cannot rev up..

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
mine also take 4minutes(sempat isap sebatang rokok hehe..). if i go before warm up, it becomes semput maa..cannot rev up..
Do you mean the engine will miss if rev during cold start? Because I have that prob.

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Alright thanks for the comments guys! Seems like my thermostat is in tip-top condition as well! Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Single pot on my car seems not adequate to my liking. It doesn't give a more than enough confident braking experience. So I decided to search for a more capable brake system.
First hunt, one workshop nearby quoted me RM750 for a front set Eterna TT twin pot, I was stunned. Hell, I felt like an idiot. He really didn't know we are living in the internet age. He claimed it was the cheapest in town some more. wth!
So I called up my friend. A week later he called back informing he had just...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience