H22A engine Check Light ( EGR )

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
These few days got engine Check light in my car while i cruise..hard whacking doesnt show check light...

Went to workshop where they link a Handheld computer to diagnose...

It was my EGR valve Fault.

i know i can just buy a new EGR valve to solve this but Can anyone tell me how to solve this in most economical way?

pls share if u got similar problem. i was told by workshop that this no need to fix one, wont affect much... how sia??

Merry Christmas to all BTW/ =)

hky

Known Member
Mar 13, 2005
KL
Hi, is your check light on all the time. i also got problem, sometime on sometime not. if check light not on, can the computer still show the problem?

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
ok let me describe more clearly...

Whenever i start engine, NO CHECK LIGHT, normal...

After i move off, Slow speed.... cruising...suddenly check light will on, NO BLINKING, just on all de way.

Then i off engine, RE -CRANK my engine, no more check light again.

I tried WHACK MY CAR, no check light.... but after i slow speed relax driving again for about 5-10min, check light come find me again...

So i went to workshop where they use handheld computer to check... it said its EGR problem..

I dont know if can clean the EGR valve or not... but i do know a new EGR valve is expensive....

anyone selling a good condition one?

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
EGR - exhaust gas ricirculation is for reducing the nitrogen oxides emmision by ricirculating the exhaust gas into the combustion chamber...part of the OBD1 emmission control system..

nyway there are 3 components in the system generaly will indicates EGR fault for either 1...EGR valve, vacum valve n sensor...there will be no effect as far as im concern if you have any of it faulty but the CEL keep on lighting make one sick..:biggrin:

advise for u to check all the vacuum hose and connection........

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
prolly your intake manifold is clogged, dirty and insufficient flow. u can try cleaning the egr ports. on top of that while cleaning, clean the throttlebody and intake manifold. if it still doesnt work, then its a faulty egr valve.

i have heard ppl removing it and blocking it. maybe u can ask the h22a owners for better tech infos.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
get one from the chop shop,... wont be THAT expensive,...

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
get one from the chop shop,... wont be THAT expensive,...

Hi all thanks for replies!!! i just called HV racing.... he said a used EGR valve ard RM150 and he will replace it for me... let u guys know again if it solved afrer replacement... the engine check light is really sickening to see..

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Hi all thanks for replies!!! i just called HV racing.... he said a used EGR valve ard RM150 and he will replace it for me... let u guys know again if it solved afrer replacement... the engine check light is really sickening to see..
yup,... reasonable lerr,...
update us, coz our egr also might konk anytime,...

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
yup,... reasonable lerr,...
update us, coz our egr also might konk anytime,...
i hope a recon one can solve my problem... had yet to go and fix yet... next week after i go HV and fixed will get back to u guys..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
yo bro lancerboy, looks like u got ur H22a already :D

got the EGR replaced?

i usually carry one spare. and also a spare dizzy coil. :D

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
yo bro lancerboy, looks like u got ur H22a already :D

got the EGR replaced?

i usually carry one spare. and also a spare dizzy coil. :D
\
eh who are u ah??? just now my water temp UP slowly almost to the max... then i refill water, realised the spare water container next to the radiator... how come ah

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
ask workshop use vacuum/pressure tester to test the EGR to see whether the diapgram stil in good condition.

u can just ignore it but emission control will failed
bro, thANKS ...will ask the mechanic test

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
\
eh who are u ah??? just now my water temp UP slowly almost to the max... then i refill water, realised the spare water container next to the radiator... how come ah
ROFL

IIRC, u were asking around for a cheap H22a to plonk inside a prelude.

rising water temp? is the reservoir bottle empty before the temp rise or was it full?

if its empty, something is wrong bro. a leak somewhere perhaps.

if the bottle is full, then there are many things to consider.

just fill up the reservoir bottle first and see what happens.

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
ROFL

IIRC, u were asking around for a cheap H22a to plonk inside a prelude.

rising water temp? is the reservoir bottle empty before the temp rise or was it full?

if its empty, something is wrong bro. a leak somewhere perhaps.

if the bottle is full, then there are many things to consider.

just fill up the reservoir bottle first and see what happens.
prehaps a leak

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience