waja convert evo7 steering

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
no need to create duplicate threads. If someone knows they'll reply. I've deleted your earlier post.

Isn't the center hub the same ? Not PNP?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
different... can't fit..
waja uses a nut to secure the steering and the 'bergigi' part is the flat metal piece.
From the pic, it shows that the evo uses crimp thing like the connection from steering rack to steering column.

hmmmm,
I would find a way to cut the metal plate with the 'bergigi' part from the waja steering and transfer it to the evo. On the evo steering i will remove the crimp thing completely. a tiny bit of welding will be involve.
Will end up the steering held in place using the original waja size 17 nut.

be very careful and make sure the 'bergigi' part is making proper contact. U dont want to have a free rotating steering while driving.

i havent do this before but its how i will do it if i wanted to.

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
owner using wira boss kit to use evo7 steering

bought steering evo7 mod pnp to wira rm500 back in 2018...
owner changed same like what gunnerzz comment

mod subaru steering to arena

Last edited:

fredeve86

May 15, 2021
owner using wira boss kit to use evo7 steering

bought steering evo7 mod pnp to wira rm500 back in 2018...
owner changed same like what gunnerzz comment

mod subaru steering to arena

ya, there is information told before about changing the wira kit, but i can't find a workshop to do it, any recommendation?

Attachments

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
One more thing, i weld wrought iron to cast iron before and its not the best connection/joint from strength perspective. Then again it could be down to my basic arc welding equipment or my welding skill.

Any metal shop can cater to your request. Its a matter if they want to do it or not.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all

My friend using a gen-2, now he wanna have some modification (remained as AT), since gen2 is kinda new in mod market, so i really need the help from all experienced personnel here. He got 2 options to go:

1. Use the original engine, reset of ori computer, port & polished, lightened piston, conrod and crank shaft balancing, this mod ll carry out by CM racing JB, according to the mech, they ll use the existing parts and do some modification to make it lighter and stronger...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience