Recommendation: Turbocharger for 4B11 N.A engine

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I bought a custom cast iron manifold with T2 Flange, i still need to custom a short flange to mount the turbo, i did internal wastegate delete and trying to rotate the compressor inlet housing a little bit backwards to better attach the intercooler piping. Will be using external wastegate for better boost control. My turbo came off a 2.3T 5cyl Volvo Engines, made by Mitsubishi and from imported from Japan. I am sending the turbo for recondition and also check if i can change the exhaust side housing to another turbo housing so that we don't have to customize any flange, less flange is better.
your life my dream man! wanna mod means just mod. :biggrin:

who gonna tune the car?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

who gonna tune the car?
quick get a car then u can join him... inspiras also decent value now... tho i am told alot spanco cars on sale now so careful

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

who gonna tune the car?
Harlo what you talking about ... pura pura macam. I am not sure who to remap the ECU after we tap it up, any suggestion ? I tried JC Racing before, satisfied but want to try different tuner. I am using Ralliart ECU to control the engine, since using any piggyback will throw CEL, i ma as well as go with something proven working.

Reactions: lsm1991

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Harlo what you talking about ... pura pura macam. I am not sure who to remap the ECU after we tap it up, any suggestion ? I tried JC Racing before, satisfied but want to try different tuner. I am using Ralliart ECU to control the engine, since using any piggyback will throw CEL, i ma as well as go with something proven working.
if the ralliart can do whats needed, and u can get it for cheap enough go for it

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Some reference for you, similar car build.
After some brainstorming and crack some heads, we decided that the MHI TD04HL is not suitable for my Lancer as the flange adaptation is too much of trouble. I am back to the Garrett M24 T28 Turbo, after measuring the flange, i realised that this T28 turbo has a T3 compressor flange, hence i bought a T2 to T3 flange adaptor and see whether they will join up perfectly together. If i am not mistaken, this T28 turbo came out from any RB series engines, ranging from RB20 - RB25, it is good for 0.9 bar boost for daily use and very responsive down low at 2k RPM.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

Finally able to bolt up the T28 turbo to my cast iron manifold after sourcing a T25 to T3 Turbo Adaptor, the kit comes with a 28mm wastegate which i may not able to use it, due to clearance issue in the engine bay. However, the screw holes on the adaptor will need alittle modifications for them to fit right, fortunately, the T3 side is direct fit. After bolting up the turbo kit on to the engine, we will know to fabricate the piping. Picture as below to show the adaptor, manifold and T28 turbo.

Capture.JPG

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dear All,

Finally able to bolt up the T28 turbo to my cast iron manifold after sourcing a T25 to T3 Turbo Adaptor, the kit comes with a 28mm wastegate which i may not able to use it, due to clearance issue in the engine bay. However, the screw holes on the adaptor will need alittle modifications for them to fit right, fortunately, the T3 side is direct fit. After bolting up the turbo kit on to the engine, we will know to fabricate the piping. Picture as below to show the adaptor, manifold and T28 turbo.

View attachment 580229
You my hero la. Modding car in economy like this. Hahaha

You seriously not gonna go standalone?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You my hero la. Modding car in economy like this. Hahaha

You seriously not gonna go standalone?
Well the car is already dismantled some parts and can't move at this moment, might as well as keep the project going.

I am changing to EVO X stock ECU, just need to tap few wires to link up the Boost Control Solenoid and IAT sensor. Then go for remap. Standalone took too much money and time.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2016
Johor bahru
Well the car is already dismantled some parts and can't move at this moment, might as well as keep the project going.

I am changing to EVO X stock ECU, just need to tap few wires to link up the Boost Control Solenoid and IAT sensor. Then go for remap. Standalone took too much money and time.
Hi bro.. I'm doing the same thing with what youre doing.. but my goal is around 500whp.. I'm doing this on my inspira ownself.. its a budget build.. so I'm always sourcing for cheap parts..

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi bro.. I'm doing the same thing with what youre doing.. but my goal is around 500whp.. I'm doing this on my inspira ownself.. its a budget build.. so I'm always sourcing for cheap parts..
Dude, 500whp on FWD Lancer/Inspira is most likely uncontrollable due to torque steer issue ? And 500whp sounds like not budget build, your turbo will be more expensive than my kit here hahaha. Please share your journey of BOT with me too, i am interested to know. My kit is almost complete, just collected intercooler piping, IAT sensor, Evo X fuel pump. Now looking for either OEM 3 bar MAP sensor or OMNI 3 bar MAP sensor.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

This one has nothing to do with power mods but moving the battery to the trunk will clear more room for air intake piping and other mods. Charging seems stable and strong. Enjoy the pics.

Battery 2.jpeg

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the most suited time to check car balancing & alignment?

Or does it based on how we drive?

I need your assistance,experts out there!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience