Proton launching a handful of cars tomorrow (Feb 18)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They are not launching cars. They are introducing new trim levels. Yawn. Putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
They are not launching cars. They are introducing new trim levels. Yawn. Putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
if new engine / gearbox makes a difference.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
if new engine / gearbox makes a difference.
Boss, don't think too much ya. Hahaha. You think possible or not?

Won't be anything new, the Saga went from the punched CVT to the 4 speed AT. As much as I hate CVT with a passion, a properly executed CVT is objectively better than a properly executed 4 speed AT. Keyword being properly executed. Proton never executed anything properly except handling. Geely had more sense than Proton.

Announcing 4 AT on the rest of the Campro line up isn't new, and I am not sure if its a good or bad difference. Maybe a 6 speed AT.. but still, all these cars are obsolete and EOL.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
How dare you...didnt you read the word 'special'?
Its not an ordinary kerbau pendek but a SPECIAL one...hihihi.

Anyway, i noticed something when browsing thru the Iriz R3 picture where it shows the floor mat and footwell of the driver side. There is a hump on the carpet below the accelerator pedal. Whats the purpose of this?
I cant remember if my bro Iriz got it as i just drives the car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure how is the proton 4 AT. My chery suv is 4 AT, and gear ratio difference between 3 and 4 is just too great, so much so I switch to select the gears manually......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Shell Eco Marathon is a platform for energy efficient vehicles and spearheading an assault on that title will be the Naza World Taylor’s University Eco Team that features first-year students from the institution of higher learning’s school of engineering and backing from Naza World.

“Naza is proud to support and encourage the aspirations of Malaysia’s youth. Our contribution in this endeavour is well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience