Mercedes-Benz W176 A250

itNme_15

Oct 20, 2018
Johor Bahru
Hi guys, currently I'm looking at a 2015 W176 A250 with a 70K+ mileage, would like to have some opinions on the car. Any common issue or major issue in the future for this M270 engine need to look out for ? Or should I get a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC with the same amount of price ? Pls advice... :adore:

I know some of you would say, might as well get the A45 instead... but for me... budget is the main issue :joycat:

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
the A250 is expecting a major service since it is reaching the 5 years or 100+ mileage. Do check the cost and make sure you're ready. Wear and tear is expected. Are you sure the car is true 70+k mileage?

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I agree with minibeany. Check the status and situation with the A250. Potentially that Merc will need a lot of maintenance work. Having said that that Merc would probably be a lot better drive than the 1.5T Civic.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
A250 suspension is pretty stiff and harsh though, so make sure you can live with that. Some people I know who bought it feel regret afterwards because then they just cannot live with the harsh ride. But maybe can improve it a bit by using 18' rims instead of 19'.

itNme_15

Oct 20, 2018
Johor Bahru
Ya... I totally agreed on the cost of major service on that 5 years old car, that has been making me worried and that's why a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC is taking into considerations.. haha

Does anyone from here have any recommendations on 2nd hand car dealer, that allow test-drive for a W176 A250 ? :joycat: Just would like to take a spin, and experience on the harsh/stiff suspension. From my previous experience, car's dealer they don't allowed at all. They said too many "test-drivers" around the market, so they don't allowed...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya... I totally agreed on the cost of major service on that 5 years old car, that has been making me worried and that's why a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC is taking into considerations.. haha

Does anyone from here have any recommendations on 2nd hand car dealer, that allow test-drive for a W176 A250 ? :joycat: Just would like to take a spin, and experience on the harsh/stiff suspension. From my previous experience, car's dealer they don't allowed at all. They said too many "test-drivers" around the market, so they don't allowed...
Most used car dealers should allow test drive especially since it's still just a normal car. If got those who don't allow then just skip them.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why buy 2nd hand when there’s no more warranty? Better you buy unreg recon car, lower mileage, lower wear and tear (usually) and can get lower interest loan?

The A250 is quite sexy with the AMG kit. Makes a huge difference. And it’s not a very comfortable ride. Firm. FC isn’t great as well. Make sure you’re prepared for it.

Personally, between the two, I would choose the Civic Turbo full spec.
1. worry free for the next few years, warranty
2. Advanced safety, theoretically won’t get into front collision due to AEB.
3. got adaptive cruise control with low speed follow, traffic won’t be as bad

With the facelift, the white color one does look good. But I’ll probably sell the rear spoiler away cause it’s just ugly imo.

To be honest, nobody cares if you drive a Mercedes or a Honda.

Reactions: Tom

itNme_15

Oct 20, 2018
Johor Bahru
Why buy 2nd hand when there’s no more warranty? Better you buy unreg recon car, lower mileage, lower wear and tear (usually) and can get lower interest loan?

The A250 is quite sexy with the AMG kit. Makes a huge difference. And it’s not a very comfortable ride. Firm. FC isn’t great as well. Make sure you’re prepared for it.

Personally, between the two, I would choose the Civic Turbo full spec.
1. worry free for the next few years, warranty
2. Advanced safety, theoretically won’t get into front collision due to AEB.
3. got adaptive cruise control with low speed follow, traffic won’t be as bad

With the facelift, the white color one does look good. But I’ll probably sell the rear spoiler away cause it’s just ugly imo.

To be honest, nobody cares if you drive a Mercedes or a Honda.
Thanks for the analysis bro... will definitely takes into account. May I know what car will you recommend then ?

itNme_15

Oct 20, 2018
Johor Bahru
Most used car dealers should allow test drive especially since it's still just a normal car. If got those who don't allow then just skip them.
Ya bro... if they don't allow for test drive I will usually skip them and look for the others

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the analysis bro... will definitely takes into account. May I know what car will you recommend then ?
He already said Honda 1.5T Civic new car la bro.

I might be able to arrange the Merc test. Let me check and let you know later today.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
@itNme_15 I just had a quick check, unfortunately no A250 W176 available. Only one A200 W177 AMG 2018 available - recon car not used.

Can arrange also test drive of the new CLA45S?
CLA45S not available also atm. The demand for these models aren't that high so not many lying around in car lots.

Anyway if you're interested in the A200 AMG let me know. @itNme_15

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Like what Izso said, I recommend the Civic Turbo 1.5 full spec for the reasons I've listed above.

That being said, I will personally choose a BMW 120i M Sport over the A250.. sure.. its lower in power. But its rear wheel driven (last rear wheel hatchback from BMW), has a real handbrake, and if I am not mistaken it is cheaper to buy. It's less common than A-class.

I just had a quick check, unfortunately no A250 W176 available. Only one A200 W177 AMG 2018 available - recon car not used. CLA45S not available also atm. The demand for these models aren't that high so not many lying around in car lots.

Anyway if you're interested in the A200 AMG let me know.
Your new business ah?