UnderTree Mechanic - DIY Videos

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What model Trestor are you using? I am using Trestor Blue Advantage, the older model. New model I think they drop the blue now called Trestor Advantage. Previous 3 sets of Bendix MK, MK Gold and MK Titanium. Trestor Advantage to me very much better since bite from cold. Bendix I need to warm them up first......lol
Not sure which model but the box is green.i doubt its the samle level as Advantage but better than ori pad definitely.
Been using it long before Advantage comes out.

I went down hill at bukit putus with the pad and it starts to smell but still bite. Thusbits sufficient for my noob driving.
Same pad on my BLM fade..maybe BLM brakes are not efficient in cooling.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure which model but the box is green.i doubt its the samle level as Advantage but better than ori pad definitely.
Been using it long before Advantage comes out.

I went down hill at bukit putus with the pad and it starts to smell but still bite. Thusbits sufficient for my noob driving.
Same pad on my BLM fade..maybe BLM brakes are not efficient in cooling.
I remember Trestor have 3 models, your green box means should be the semi metallic, same as the one in the test above....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wonder how much difference will it be if both cars are using the same tires.

Initial bite of ori brakes is better but braking power very much remain the same after the initial bite. For aftermarket pad ( i used Trestor too ) very2, very2 inexperienced driver will say brake tak makan. This is much more evident for city cars.

What i love abt Trestor pads is that the hotter it gets, the better it perform. Of course thats until one exceed the limit which is very hard to do on a daily car.

I am curious as to why some brand of pads comes with some sort of backing plate material (fells like some sort of foam/silicone) but some dont.
I was at that test. The interesting thing between the two is OEM kicked in ABS almost instantly. Trestor didn't trigger the ABS that quickly.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
What model Trestor are you using? I am using Trestor Blue Advantage, the older model. New model I think they drop the blue now called Trestor Advantage. Previous 3 sets of Bendix MK, MK Gold and MK Titanium. Trestor Advantage to me very much better since bite from cold. Bendix I need to warm them up first......lol
Trestor has confirmed they are bringing back the blue colour. As for formulation I rmbr they said no differences.

I wonder how much difference will it be if both cars are using the same tires.

Initial bite of ori brakes is better but braking power very much remain the same after the initial bite. For aftermarket pad ( i used Trestor too ) very2, very2 inexperienced driver will say brake tak makan. This is much more evident for city cars.

What i love abt Trestor pads is that the hotter it gets, the better it perform. Of course thats until one exceed the limit which is very hard to do on a daily car.

I am curious as to why some brand of pads comes with some sort of backing plate material (fells like some sort of foam/silicone) but some dont.
Ya I would prefer two same tyres but at 55,000km which is why brake pads are changed, tyres are due as well.
As for the hotter it is, I think that applies for advantage, metallic plus not so but better than ori of course.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I can't wrap my brain around it. Why would better pads not trigger the ABS earlier but at the same time stop the car earlier?
It could be down to better tire grip. Last time when i was on BS EP200 for my Waja, its very hard to trigger the ABS in very wet condition. Now on cheapo Apollo, ABS is trigger happy.

Does the pad comes with the soft backing material glued to the back of the pad? That milimeter thick material could be the cause of lower initial bite as it can be compressed.

Or, u can find 2 similar vehicle with similar tires and all then test again....please...

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was at that test. The interesting thing between the two is OEM kicked in ABS almost instantly. Trestor didn't trigger the ABS that quickly.
This is due to the Giti sliding (wheel lock) so the ABS kick in.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience