Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its only sluggish at 3000rpm, beyond that, its freaking great. It loves to be revved. I have since fitted Iriz intake. Initial impression no difference, haven't tested it all out. In the future might change it back to IAFM.
Is it a short stroke engine? Below 3k rpm sluggish not nice to drive in town.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Its only sluggish at 3000rpm, beyond that, its freaking great. It loves to be revved. I have since fitted Iriz intake. Initial impression no difference, haven't tested it all out. In the future might change it back to IAFM.
Anything different between the normal IAFM and Iriz intake in term of design?

Agree with u on revving the Campro.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Is it a short stroke engine? Below 3k rpm sluggish not nice to drive in town.....
Well, if u dont play near 3k rpm then u r ok. Just play until 2500rpm and drive around town safely..Its kinda safety feature to prevent u frm speeding in town..hahaha.

On highway, it takes of its mask

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
my dads iafm also died, tukar iriz jugak.... macam no beza to my buttdyno, but i could just be unfamiliar with the car

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Does anyone driving 1.5 wira feeling gearing is abit short?
in 5th gear driving 100km around 3k rpm 120km 3.5k

I think my next step mod on my car is buy some sound proof to put at the bonet.
For older tech cars, small cc, engine spins faster at speed. Limitation of the gearbox tech/cost as well as engine management of the time.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
one month one big item... chiak-lat... this round water pump... may as well change the timing belt also... since I don't know when was the last time I changed... maybe 8 year, maybe 10 years. Better be safe.
Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 6.52.28 PM.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Juz wanna ask is driveshaft is a common thing to rosak?
Driving my car few day and hear some weird noise while going through rough surface or those zebra yellow line.
driver side have sound kak kak kak kak kak while going through the yellow line. At 1st I tot was my batang bonet. So I didn't care much until today i got time to check my car and ask my colleage he say might be driveshaft sound. So we try to goyang the sfaft behind the wheel and there was some sound.
The left side is ok,when I shake it didn't move at all. The right side can be shake abit but didn't affect driving on highway. Not like last time haven't change the car on 90km/h start to padel shake.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Juz wanna ask is driveshaft is a common thing to rosak?
Driving my car few day and hear some weird noise while going through rough surface or those zebra yellow line.
driver side have sound kak kak kak kak kak while going through the yellow line. At 1st I tot was my batang bonet. So I didn't care much until today i got time to check my car and ask my colleage he say might be driveshaft sound. So we try to goyang the sfaft behind the wheel and there was some sound.
The left side is ok,when I shake it didn't move at all. The right side can be shake abit but didn't affect driving on highway. Not like last time haven't change the car on 90km/h start to padel shake.
common for an old Wira :-)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.....i need to know a few things bout changing from auto to manual.....my gearbox alre kong!!!driving 1.6 wira auto

1.price??
2.place??
3.how long to change??
4.wat procedure to do for JPJ??
5.problems faced after conversion if any......
6.additional info....

thanks in advance for those who can help me!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience