Side Project-Fun daily driver

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
Hello guys.. Jus wondering whether its makes sense to do an engine swap to an old Fd2 to give it a new lease of life for daily and weekend ride once in a while.

A K24 swap with FD2R gearbox...on hondata, Tein coilvers with ultra racing front tower strut bar and rear sway bar. Bushings replaced and refurbished. Not gonna do those full conversion stuff though...not an R will always never be a FD2R. But jus enough to have some fun once in awhile.

Thanks. Cheers

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
if you can afford it, why not...

while the k24 is not that exp, the manual box will cost a pretty penny...

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.. Any inputs are welcomed :)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on how much would that cost in total. Probably the manual conversion will be more work and costly.

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
Depends on how much would that cost in total. Probably the manual conversion will be more work and costly.
I figure most part would jus plug and play with hasport mounting... In the midst of researching still..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello guys.. Jus wondering whether its makes sense to do an engine swap to an old Fd2 to give it a new lease of life for daily and weekend ride once in a while.

A K24 swap with FD2R gearbox...on hondata, Tein coilvers with ultra racing front tower strut bar and rear sway bar. Bushings replaced and refurbished. Not gonna do those full conversion stuff though...not an R will always never be a FD2R. But jus enough to have some fun once in awhile.

Thanks. Cheers
This should be a quite straightforward PNP swap. But be prepared close to 20-25k for the work, engine and gearbox and every supporting mod. The hasport mounts are rock solid, it'll really vibrate like a mofo in the car so if this is a family car passengers will complain. Based on your plans looks like you're gonna spend up to 30k for everything not including rims and brakes. Man that's one helluva nice budget.

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
This should be a quite straightforward PNP swap. But be prepared close to 20-25k for the work, engine and gearbox and every supporting mod. The hasport mounts are rock solid, it'll really vibrate like a mofo in the car so if this is a family car passengers will complain. Based on your plans looks like you're gonna spend up to 30k for everything not including rims and brakes. Man that's one helluva nice budget.
Haha hardly gonna fetch anyone.. But it's a nice to have to have the capacity to do so should the need arise... Yeah based on rough calculation should be 27k ish not including brake kits and rims.. Those cosmetic refresh can be done after wards when fund for it suffice.. So it would jus be drive train, engine management and suspension and stuff first... Possibly radiator and hoses and minor wear and tear stuff

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Do you enjoy the ride (the modding process, the pain, the problems) or you want to enjoy the destination (driving the completed car). Different people want different things.

Bear in mind the ride might be bumpy and you might crash and burn.

These days I feel its too much hassle... I'd rather just sell the car you have and buy a FD2R. Since being the last N/A Honda Type R, it will always hold its value.

What make sense for you, may not make sense for me...vice versa.. So it's what YOU WANT. But when starting a project, it is best you ASSUME THE WORSE CASE, that everything is MESSED UP. That way, you won't give up half way of the project. Ask yourself that and be realistic. Learn from other people's mistakes, somebody started a project, crashed and burn and he give up.

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
Do you enjoy the ride (the modding process, the pain, the problems) or you want to enjoy the destination (driving the completed car). Different people want different things.

Bear in mind the ride might be bumpy and you might crash and burn.

These days I feel its too much hassle... I'd rather just sell the car you have and buy a FD2R. Since being the last N/A Honda Type R, it will always hold its value.

What make sense for you, may not make sense for me...vice versa.. So it's what YOU WANT. But when starting a project, it is best you ASSUME THE WORSE CASE, that everything is MESSED UP. That way, you won't give up half way of the project. Ask yourself that and be realistic. Learn from other people's mistakes, somebody started a project, crashed and burn and he give up.
Appreciated the reply man haha actually I enjoy the tinkering process... Finding out what works and what not... Something to keep my mind off work... And enjoy and appreciate the finished work itself... Not gonna squeeze tonnes of power out of it... But jus enuf maybe 200 ish horses and run reliably... Was contemplating this between altezza... But I figure fd2 age better as its not very old still...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Appreciated the reply man haha actually I enjoy the tinkering process... Finding out what works and what not... Something to keep my mind off work... And enjoy and appreciate the finished work itself... Not gonna squeeze tonnes of power out of it... But jus enuf maybe 200 ish horses and run reliably... Was contemplating this between altezza... But I figure fd2 age better as its not very old still...
Altezza is rear wheel drive, stock with a high revving engine (pls don't say you want auto). Between the tezza and FD2... I would choose the tezza, as I feel it is a better platform being RWD (yes I am biased). Plus in stock form, it comes with a very good engine already, and in terms of modding, you have the 1JZ and 2JZ options.. or if you're crazy enough you can stick a V8 in

Plus Altezza isn't as common as the FD. You drive a FD2R...people think its fake with bodykits. A Tezza is a Tezza.

My 2 cents.

jbyap1

Aug 14, 2020
Altezza is rear wheel drive, stock with a high revving engine (pls don't say you want auto). Between the tezza and FD2... I would choose the tezza, as I feel it is a better platform being RWD (yes I am biased). Plus in stock form, it comes with a very good engine already, and in terms of modding, you have the 1JZ and 2JZ options.. or if you're crazy enough you can stick a V8 in

Plus Altezza isn't as common as the FD. You drive a FD2R...people think its fake with bodykits. A Tezza is a Tezza.

My 2 cents.
True... Probably cheaper to build too.. Hmmm when it comes to Toyota I'm dumb.. Haha nope... No autos for me... Prefer stick for fun

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha hardly gonna fetch anyone.. But it's a nice to have to have the capacity to do so should the need arise... Yeah based on rough calculation should be 27k ish not including brake kits and rims.. Those cosmetic refresh can be done after wards when fund for it suffice.. So it would jus be drive train, engine management and suspension and stuff first... Possibly radiator and hoses and minor wear and tear stuff
Brakes is very important when modding up so most likely rm30k+ for complete job. How much is your car market price now?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone. 2 weeks ago, I was hanging around my mechanic's place doing nothing better than sleeping, gossiping and talking CXCK and laughing laudly... Realizing my mechanic was busy dismentalling a CAMPRO 1.6 engine to overhaul, I decided to get my hands dirty and help him up...

As we were busy dismentalling the engine, we chat about CAMPRO 1.6 BOT failure on Crank and we realizeD BOT DOES NOT FAIL THE CAMPRO CRANK, BOT ONLY ACCELERATE THE FAILING PROCESS OF THE CRANK....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience