Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

thomaspepper

Jul 30, 2020
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the comments sifus

Meter can be changed by section..meaning just change the temp+fuel gauge section. Last time i change wira 1.5 auto speedometer only..however parts shop only carry original part so it will cost a bit.

The famous boot leak is most of the time will be the rear lights gasket...the material harden over time. I just apply a layer of the grey gasket maker.

The cost of restoring will exceed the car value but one cant put a value on something done out of passion.
Yup, cost has exceeded mkt value, but recently I took my mum (who hasnt been in the car for years) to run some errands around Klang Valley in the car and she was really impressed on how the car still worked so well. Really made all the hours spent researching and money spent worthwhile.

Err, which is the rear lights gasket? Is it accessible outside or inside?

for speedometer there is this guy in FB can fix. I'm yet to send mine to fix my trip meter because he is in Klang.

Your Wira is Sedan or Aeroback? A sedan boot you can get around RM150 used (I just bought one). Make sure not rusty and no pimple before buying. Find those that come with the rubber cover at the brake light. Without that piece of rubber water will start leaking in.
Can recommend me the guy in FB for the meter? My Wira is Sedan.
Also, where did you find the sedan boot?

2. Sounds like a fuel meter problem. You should be able to source new on Lazada quite cheaply.
4. Check and replace all the rubber seals, your tail lights and check the water seals are hardened or not. If yes replace. Quite easy job also.

welcome to the club
Thanks for the welcome! Surprisingly there's none, had to scour Facebook Wira groups and ask around for the meter.
Could you explain which is the rubber seals and which is the water seals? I will also provide some pics tomorrow to indicate where water seeps in usually.

roof cutting can be a nightmare... I also scare... luckily mine still ok.

depends on how bad... any pictures? seen some terrible condition ones still able to safe. but not sure how long it will last.
Actually just a small paint crack and can see the rust stain flowing out. But about 4 years ago the guy who spray painted the car told my parents that the roof is rusted already. From outside, no signs of rust... so how can I confirm this? Will provide pics tomorrow.

It sounds like the needle in your meter. Dont think it has anything to do with the float in the fuel tank

Boot leak is either the rubber seal or one of the rear lamps has a leak.

Before you proceed any further, go halfcut or mudguard shop to get a quote for fixing the doors, roof and boot. It wont be cheap. That's why I ask to get quote. Then only you decide if it's wise to proceed
Already got a quote, new roof, new boot + grind and spray the door (no new door) is about 1.7k. I think I'll post some pics here and get the opinions of sifus here before I decide what to do.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thanks for the comments sifus

Yup, cost has exceeded mkt value, but recently I took my mum (who hasnt been in the car for years) to run some errands around Klang Valley in the car and she was really impressed on how the car still worked so well. Really made all the hours spent researching and money spent worthwhile.

Have to access from inside the trunk. Disconnect the wiring harness, remove a few 10mm bolt then u just remove the whole rear light cluster. For the first time it mighy be kinda hard as the seal is stuck to the body.
Strongly suggest u stand behind the light or have someone hold it while u remove the bolt, u dont want the light cluster just drop on the floor when u remove the last bolt.
If i recall correctly the ori seals is just something like a superlon sheet cut to shape.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the tail lights & ref light seals can get from spare part shop ah? my rubber seal oso need change. haha
Most likely yes. Need to ask around though. Why not just get it cheaper off lazada/shoppee

1597281814158.png

You see the black rubbery surround ? That's the "gasket" la.. it's more lof a rubber seal, not a gasket. You can add on sealant and stuff yourself when you install a new tail light.

Thanks for the welcome! Surprisingly there's none, had to scour Facebook Wira groups and ask around for the meter.
Search proper channels la. I didn't need to search very hard to find.

1597282099306.png

This guy does shipping as well. Wira white, black, single all he has. Brand new.

Already got a quote, new roof, new boot + grind and spray the door (no new door) is about 1.7k. I think I'll post some pics here and get the opinions of sifus here before I decide what to do.
That's not too bad a price but did you ask how is he going to replace the roof? I'm surprised it's that cheap considering he has to drill out the spot welds on the roof, align the new roof and weld-on all the bits. I hope he's not the type to just cut off the A-pillar side and weld on the new roof to the A-pillar.

Reactions: thomaspepper

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
this stuff boleh.. just abit horrid to deal with and if alot is exposed, crap will stick to it.

the other one is gasket sealant i think its called? (black stuff as well) also can pakai
They have them in different sizes. Just dont buy too big a cross section.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Walaowei u guys, fix wira damn gao. Have u guys ever thought of 'upgrading' it to a slightly newer car like Persona? Basically same under pinnings as Wiras/Gen2/Waja.

For me No choice mah.... Bought the car already done so many fixing then sell and buy another car agn sudah leh.
Hahahahahhahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wira update

The car have done top overhaul.
Now the car run very nice and smooth.
Since the car had open the head.
I have also chg the timing set since I don't know when is the last time the ex owner had changed.

The boss told me that after a month go back to him and he will adjust the tappet agn.
Do you have a clearer pic?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using turbokits for my 660 kancil , but when long distance , at 4th gear 100kmh , it starts to jerking , fuel not enough =( , my fren ask me to korek the ic pump / fuel pump , anyone can teach me =) , i still cant afford injection so im sticking to use turbokits till nxt year =(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience