Are Lightweight Rims worth the investment?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
new cars have so ridiculously big wheels these days I would trade in my rims+tyres for the 1 size down. Cheaper so that I can buy better tyres. assuming can clear the brakes
Yours 18 still ok la, can still have 10+cm sidewall.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I feel 16" is not worth it, because the tyre price is almost same as 17", and 17" is visually nicer. 16" always been the odd duck for tyre sizing and price in Malaysia.
But some good UHP now only go down to 16, like PS4 and the new Goodyear F1 Sport. 15' now also don't have that many good choices left. V12E2 gone, F1D5 supposedly will be replaced by that F1S. So only left PS3 (don't know for how much longer), the new RE004, and Fleva which doesn't seem that good.

17' in a small car actually to me doesn't look that nice, seems like a small kid trying to wear an NBA player's shoes.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
But some good UHP now only go down to 16, like PS4 and the new Goodyear F1 Sport. 15' now also don't have that many good choices left. V12E2 gone, F1D5 supposedly will be replaced by that F1S. So only left PS3 (don't know for how much longer), the new RE004, and Fleva which doesn't seem that good.

17' in a small car actually to me doesn't look that nice, seems like a small kid trying to wear an NBA player's shoes.
17's the best size! 18's quite big

**guess depends on the car jugak

Reactions: alcyon

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

15 inch just go for extreme tires since they are quite affordable now tons of choices to choose from and available.

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
new cars have so ridiculously big wheels these days I would trade in my rims+tyres for the 1 size down. Cheaper so that I can buy better tyres. assuming can clear the brakes
Agreed...
Just like newer pickups...17 or 18 inch minimum...What a joke. Super expensive tire for what should be workhorse. We can see most owners downgrading but as the brakes got bigger....

My old waja comes std with 16inch and choices for tire is very limited but the price is too close with 17inch tire.
Then again, downgrade to 15 will makes the car looks 'jinjang'. I think 15inch can clear my front brakes.

My Pajero was on stock 15inch steel rim which makes the car looks weird...looks over-bodied and sagging at the rear frame when offroading. Upgrade to 16inh with 8jj(i think) makes road holding and offroading much better....Now downgrade to 15inch again+spacer to avoid sagging as 16inch AT tire cost soo much.

Do the 15inch makes a different?
Yes, as its very2 light compared to previous 16inch+tires. FC is a lot better which on a Pajero is significant. Car felt much lighter.
Whats the downside?
Does not look as good as on 16 and body roll is more.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agreed...
Just like newer pickups...17 or 18 inch minimum...What a joke. Super expensive tire for what should be workhorse. We can see most owners downgrading but as the brakes got bigger....
Like X70 premium on 19", later owner want to change tyres sure make noise.......lol
My friend on ML350 came with 21", immediately change to 19".....:smokin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ya lo, I also don't dare to put extreme tires on my son's Swift, later he got surprised and cannot control the slide.
Extreme tires are not so scary once you get used to it. I've been using extreme tires all the while rain or shine. These tires can also help you have some self control when it's raining.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Extreme tires are not so scary once you get used to it. I've been using extreme tires all the while rain or shine. These tires can also help you have some self control when it's raining.
I know, I am using AD08R also on my Evo. But the thing is my son just learned to drive 2 years ago. I am not going to give him something risky, at least not until he has a lot more experience.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed...

My old waja comes std with 16inch and choices for tire is very limited but the price is too close with 17inch tire.
Then again, downgrade to 15 will makes the car looks 'jinjang'. I think 15inch can clear my front brakes.

My Pajero was on stock 15inch steel rim which makes the car looks weird...looks over-bodied and sagging at the rear frame when offroading. Upgrade to 16inh with 8jj(i think) makes road holding and offroading much better....Now downgrade to 15inch again+spacer to avoid sagging as 16inch AT tire cost soo much.

Do the 15inch makes a different?
Yes, as its very2 light compared to previous 16inch+tires. FC is a lot better which on a Pajero is significant. Car felt much lighter.
Whats the downside?
Does not look as good as on 16 and body roll is more.
honestly nobody buys SUV/Pickup Trucks for work lol, most urban driving

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wanna ask if any 1 know how to diy speker box.
i wanna know is there certain wideness,tall,long that i have to follow to get the optimum sound,
like 8'' sub how big the box have to be, and 5'' midbass how big
any 1 can help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience