FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hello everyone,

Kindly share thoughts of using fuel injector cleaner.

Does it actually make a difference ; if yes, what would be possible difference and how often should we pour the cleaner into fuel tank.

Many Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

Satria81

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends, many probably don't do much but just a snake oil gimmick. Some might really be useful but need to use regularly like every 5k km. From what I read, those that can work should contain a chemical called PEA (PolyEtherAmine) coz that's the only cleaning agent that can work in such high heat and pressure of the combustion chamber. Cleaners that I saw have this chemical are only:
- Gumout Fuel System Cleaner. I have been using this quite often coz it's the best value for money at only rm16 in ACE.
- Redline Complete Fuel System Cleaner. I used this long time ago and supposed to have the highest concentration of PEA but price is the most expensive now.
- 3M Fuel System Cleaner, quite expensive too at around rm40 if not mistaken.
- STP Fuel System Cleaner (silver bottle, not the normal orange injector cleaners), around rm30-40/btl.
- Caltex Techron cleaner, not sure how much now.
Others don't state if they contain PEA.

Last weekend I just tried Chemlube. It doesn't state to have PEA but it's supposed to enable water contamination in the fuel to get burned off so I try it. Price pretty expensive at rm50/bottle.

Theoretically though all our fuels should have good cleaners included so not sure how much more effective is an additional bottle is.

Reactions: satria81 and leinnz

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
My friend used the techron cleaner once, then he complain his fuel consumption become high after that. I told him shouldnt be...but he said after use that only his fc become higher.

If there is a mechanic shop that can dismantle and clean your injectors using the injector cleaner machines is better la. At can see the actual results.

Reactions: satria81

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
fuel injector cleaner wont disrupt FC if i am not wrong. it helps clean the fuel line and injectors and makes car start like 90% new again. I do use injector cleaner after every 10k service and maybe pump caltex ron97 every 5K twice just to clean the throttle

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
TS, can try Fi cleaner but don hope for miracles / cure. Is a preventive care.
Ya pump caltex 97 + Once a while put higher rev while accelerating.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My friend used the techron cleaner once, then he complain his fuel consumption become high after that. I told him shouldnt be...but he said after use that only his fc become higher.

If there is a mechanic shop that can dismantle and clean your injectors using the injector cleaner machines is better la. At can see the actual results.
Got a few shops that have such injector cleaner and calibration machines, like Fineworks Garage in Subang. Of course it's the most effective way to clean injectors but fuel system cleaners supposed to clean the whole system up to combustion chambers, not just injectors.

I tried that injector service machine once on my son's Swift, it does improve but just a bit, so I guess my injectors were not so dirty after all at 120k km.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Got a few shops that have such injector cleaner and calibration machines, like Fineworks Garage in Subang. Of course it's the most effective way to clean injectors but fuel system cleaners supposed to clean the whole system up to combustion chambers, not just injectors.

I tried that injector service machine once on my son's Swift, it does improve but just a bit, so I guess my injectors were not so dirty after all at 120k km.
Qualities of petrol play the role. No ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those cleaners if cost RM50 a bottle, might as well, go pump V Power Racing or Petron Ron 100.
As for Caltex cleaner, just pump Caltex fuel, they have the cleaners in them......lol

Reactions: satria81 and 6UE5t

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Here's the options in my opinion.

1. Go and pump RM50 worth of Shell Vpower Racing (red). That has plenty of cleaning potential and is good already.
2. Spend money to remove your injectors and send to a proper workshop to clean. Like GTAuto - they have the injector cleaner.

Anything else will be a hit-or-miss.

Reactions: ixeo and 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Those cleaners if cost RM50 a bottle, might as well, go pump V Power Racing or Petron Ron 100.
As for Caltex cleaner, just pump Caltex fuel, they have the cleaners in them......lol
Yeah, that's why I only use cheaper ones like Gumout for regular maintenance. The Chemlube I was interested coz it's supposed to remove the water contamination.

Does ron100 have extra cleaners compared to 97/95? I thought they just have more ron.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah, that's why I only use cheaper ones like Gumout for regular maintenance. The Chemlube I was interested coz it's supposed to remove the water contamination.

Does ron100 have extra cleaners compared to 97/95? I thought they just have more ron.
All petrols have some level of additives. The one with the most is shell vpower racing

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
fuel injector cleaner wont disrupt FC if i am not wrong. it helps clean the fuel line and injectors and makes car start like 90% new again. I do use injector cleaner after every 10k service and maybe pump caltex ron97 every 5K twice just to clean the throttle
i think his foot becomes heavy coz car more responsive. hence FC becomes high. :laughing:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Pump Caltex. Anyway modern fuel is quite good with cleaning additives.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

数学代写系还将开设许多“应用数学”课程。许多人可能想知道这些是否与他们未来的工作直接相关。事实上,所谓的“应用数学”有着非常广泛的含义。我理解应用数学是将math的思想、知识和方法应用到物理、化学、生物、金融、工程等学科和行业中,帮助解决学科和行业的核心问题,促进科学和行业的进步。mathematics系课程中真正与实际工作相关的applied mathematics知识和方法(如工程、金融等相关知识和方法)所占比例很低,可能仅是金融数学和计算数学课程的一部分;数学专业学生接触最多的应用数学,主要是对其他学科理论问题的分析和解决。因此,我们可以普遍理解,数学系学习的应用数学与我们生活中的“应用”有很大不同。
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience