Humble DIY Repairs On My Car

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
First DIY video to diagnose a Check Engine Light with accuracy. More DIY videos to come on this channel “Forged For Speed”. Stay tuned.

❗... New Video Release ...❗

Last edited:
Reactions: TitanRev and Tom

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If can find the fault from obd2 is good and precise.
If no CEL indication, body aching loh...:mad:

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
If can find the fault from obd2 is good and precise.
If no CEL indication, body aching loh...:mad:
Interestingly sometimes there can be a fault code captured but no CEL indication, I faced that before, not sure why no CEL.

The cool thing with this scanner is you can perform data logging of the sensors that the ECU reads which can point you to the vehicle issue even though no CEL.

My car for example engine knock does not trigger a CEL but I can log the knock sensor activation. If that fails the car got arthritis already haha.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
good tutorial, pretty sure many modern proton owners would thank you for this

Correct me if i'm wrong, but most obd2 bluetooth dongle should be able to do the same thing, just depends on the App used
I have a generic one like in this video below, works most of the time except for intermittent connection problems

Reactions: vr2turbo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Correct me if i'm wrong, but most obd2 bluetooth dongle should be able to do the same thing, just depends on the App used
I have a generic one like in this video below, works most of the time except for intermittent connection problems

Yup. I am using one of this too.....so far okay......

Reactions: Tom

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020

Thanks for the kind words sir. I do hope my videos are beneficial to people. The bluetooth scanner hardware acts as the Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) only. The brain is like you mentioned the application. So technically it will be able to do the same thing if the app is the same. The catch is good apps from developed companies like LAUNCH, AUTEL etc will only work with their proprietary scanners.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I haven’t use that brand before. Can share what functions can it perform?
theres many brands, specially china ones.
its prettymuch the same, end of the day all you are dealing with is just a bunch of signals... the way it manipulates and reads the signals are exactly the same, its the error library you are paying for with the more expensive scanners (i mean aside from obviously the additional stuff you find on the fancy gear). If someone actually spends the time to build the error code library, you prettymuch get the same thing. theres hardly a difference if the idea is just to pull/clear codes. now when it comes to live readings, maybe its just me, but these things seem to be abit sluggish? maybe its the older sluggish ecu, maybe its latency i dont know.

Reactions: M_Engineer and Tom

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

This is okay until a certain level. The 32bit continental ECU of Proton can use this, 16bit cannot. Some pins are unavailable on the send or receiver side, my car cannot set throttle relearn or reset my immobilizer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I am in planning to do my exhaust system as the current exhaust has broken.

I hope this question has not been asked a trillion times.

Where are the good exhaust fabricator/modification shops located now? (preferably in Klang Valley)

Old farts like me only know of 2 places, Jaafar in Sunway and Ah Heng in USJ.

THanks.

PS : Pls don't bother to mention Kaki Exhaust, Wai Heng, Wai Yip and the likes.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience