4g13 talks

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I know its sound too good to be true with tat price tag.. might wanna bring my pomen along to survey the engine before buying it.
that was the opposite of what i was implying :laugh:

frankly gains vs all in cost of installing(even ignoring the headaches matching components AND any other servicing that may be needed) is very very very very likely not going to be worth it.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Your car now is a VDO EFI right? The carb wiring is different and that's a cost there itself to convert.

You see this link, it's 850.

This one EFI even comes with the GB for 1350.

So yeah, a 1k carb 4G15 is a bit expensive. If you insist on that engine then push it lower pricing. But to be fair I don't know how prices go in Kuching.

If you're gonna go engine swap, I'd suggest you stick with a full EFI swap instead. Less headache. And if you're a manual now, swap to another manual. If you go from auto to manual or manual to auto, there are some minor bits and pieces that are different like start motor, the dash meter is a bit different and of course the wiring too. And another consideration is going from VDO to MMC, there's again some wiring that needs tweaking because one is MAP and the other is MAF and MMC doesn't use a crank position sensor

Basically if the engine is 1k to buy, prepare about 1000 to service the engine, 500 to do the engine swap, maybe 500 to 1k for the wiring job (if any). These prices are if you and your mech are great friends and he's just doing you a favor. So yeah.
If im not mistaken bro.. my current engine i think is from vdo carb to mmc efi as i differentiate vdo and mmc.. my car doesnt have crank sensor.. and the manifold doesnt have the horn thing (i dont know what it calls XD) and throttle body as i google.. mine is definitely mmc TB. Im not sure bout the wiring tot. But please correct me if im wrong.

As i mention.. the engine is complete with gb just tat missing a carb. Lets say if i were to swap my engine. Can it just plug and play my efi from my current engine including the wiring? Or should i just buy it first and we'll see what we can do to it. Mayb stroke it to 1.6?

If i cant endorse the engine cause my friend said hes missing some paper of his car.. Mayb i could ask for less.
This is just my opinion.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
If im not mistaken bro.. my current engine i think is from vdo carb to mmc efi as i differentiate vdo and mmc.. my car doesnt have crank sensor.. and the manifold doesnt have the horn thing (i dont know what it calls XD) and throttle body as i google.. mine is definitely mmc TB. Im not sure bout the wiring tot. But please correct me if im wrong.

As i mention.. the engine is complete with gb just tat missing a carb. Lets say if i were to swap my engine. Can it just plug and play my efi from my current engine including the wiring? Or should i just buy it first and we'll see what we can do to it. Mayb stroke it to 1.6?

If i cant endorse the engine cause my friend said hes missing some paper of his car.. Mayb i could ask for less.
This is just my opinion.
no papers lagi.... again, imo forget it

just a random thought, if im not mistaken the 4g15 block and 4g13 head can pnp.... rather than to go through screwing round with the head i believe u can get away by just getting a 1.5 block and match the 1.3 head, but this one better wait for expert to weigh in

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
no papers lagi.... again, imo forget it

just a random thought, if im not mistaken the 4g15 block and 4g13 head can pnp.... rather than to go through screwing round with the head i believe u can get away by just getting a 1.5 block and match the 1.3 head, but this one better wait for expert to weigh in
He said he misplaced it. It still got luck left in me.. mayb he'll find it. 1.5 head and block together but with 1.3 gb? Just my opinion. Still newbie with alot of imagination.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
He said he misplaced it. It still got luck left in me.. mayb he'll find it. 1.5 head and block together but with 1.3 gb? Just my opinion. Still newbie with alot of imagination.
if ur getting everything from him u can mix whatever u want... it a matter of whats practical/cost effective...

imo none of this is actually all that cost effective but if its what you want.
most practical (for oh so many reasons) is; use as is, sel current car, buy a 1.8.... its not that exp these days, and since it came that way from factory, its simpler/everything matches... remember, stock tu indah

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

This is just my opinion.
Ok 1.3 MMC EFI convert.

Then the only thing I'd say to move over is the block portion of things. Nothing else is straightforward. But since block no surat, you can't register this engine. Therefore either you stamp the block (illegal and costly) or you don't register the mod which insurance will castrate you if you get into an accident (touch wood).

I dunno la.. the more you talk about this friends engine the more I think it's a bad idea. You're better off buying a new platform and transfer whatever you like about your current car over.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
the more I read this post, it starting to sound like you just want to have the experience of engine swap and tick the box... saying "I've done engine swap!" because your direction is all over the place... sometime comfort, sometime family car... (by the way you married), sometime performance (asking from a 1.3L). u have to stay focus... what you want to achieve with a project "toy" car.

Reactions: Izso

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
@Latebloomer
currently u have this wira only ?
U have family - family car first.
If this wira 1.3 is your spare car - swap +add some extra for 1.5 wira, putra, satria. Start mod from there if you prefer the chassis but legally is 1.8 the most u can go. iinm.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
@Latebloomer
If this wira 1.3 is your spare car - swap +add some extra for 1.5 wira, putra, satria. Start mod from there if you prefer the chassis but legally is 1.8 the most u can go. iinm.
Yes.. trying to restore the wira after the accident.
I havent married lah.. still young and a lot to learn and trying to enjoy life :D
I have other cars too.. but not exactly my car.
I can say this wira is probably my first very own car.. as my grand pass it to me. Well i cant sold the car.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I havent married lah.. still young and a lot to learn and trying to enjoy life :D
I can say this wira is probably my first very own car.. as my grand pass it to me. Well i cant sold the car.
well since u cant sold the car, treat it as learning car for your hand to get dirty with it.
Don't jump to engine swap/mod and call it a day.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
@Latebloomer
1.6 max la. 1.8 is more than 40% increase.

Like what taikor Sweelt said - get your hands dirty and find out what each thing you do does to the car. Mod this - gain some torque, mod that - makes more noise, mod this - get nothing... etc. This learning process is the best imho. Just recently I modded the extractor and exhaust of my wifes myvi which i really really hate driving because it's old and it's underpowered and all. But after modding the torque got restored and FC is superb now. I'm quite pleased with myself with this simple mod even though I hate this car.

If all you want is power power power - start with a bolt-on-turbo kit by researching what you need to do to install it, how much money etc. Cuz these kits most of the time can sell equally easily if you decide to upgrade again.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
1.6 max la. 1.8 is more than 40% increase.

Like what taikor Sweelt said - get your hands dirty and find out what each thing you do does to the car. Mod this - gain some torque, mod that - makes more noise, mod this - get nothing... etc. This learning process is the best imho. Just recently I modded the extractor and exhaust of my wifes myvi which i really really hate driving because it's old and it's underpowered and all. But after modding the torque got restored and FC is superb now. I'm quite pleased with myself with this simple mod even though I hate this car.

If all you want is power power power - start with a bolt-on-turbo kit by researching what you need to do to install it, how much money etc. Cuz these kits most of the time can sell equally easily if you decide to upgrade again.
U guys are right.. start small then go all the way up. I think my main goal now is just fully restore the car. Im talking bout accessories such as seats, tint, skirts etc. Then we will see what we can do after that.

Talking bout extractor.. i need to change mine soon since the old one very rusty. I heard can fit 1.5 se extractor? Plus.. im not planning on bot this engine since reliability wise. N/A can be powerful oso right :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
U guys are right.. start small then go all the way up. I think my main goal now is just fully restore the car. Im talking bout accessories such as seats, tint, skirts etc. Then we will see what we can do after that.

Talking bout extractor.. i need to change mine soon since the old one very rusty. I heard can fit 1.5 se extractor? Plus.. im not planning on bot this engine since reliability wise. N/A can be powerful oso right :D
If you want to fit the 1.5SE extractor - make sure you get the right one. 1st gen or 2nd gen one. The last gen is not a SE extractor anymore. Personally I'd consider aftermarket 4-2-1 stainless steel for looks or white steel for cheap.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He did a 1.3 carb to efi, now back to 1.5 carb? No lah, real waste. But if just take engine 1.5, your efi is still a 1.3, ecu and all.......lol

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
He did a 1.3 carb to efi, now back to 1.5 carb? No lah, real waste. But if just take engine 1.5, your efi is still a 1.3, ecu and all.......lol
No lah.. mayb will just get the block. Take the whole engine for spare parts oso can. If offer is good.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

far away

dont u laugh.......yet...do u know how it begins?

i actually did quite a few others to share with you

onr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience