4g13 talks

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
That was what we have been trying to tell you, but you wanted to do part by part......lol
Bro.. the part by part tat i had mentioned are the plug and play for future engine. And i still dont know which parts to plug and play

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello guys.. its me again.

How much the market value for 4g91 auto/manual, carb/efi (for halfcut) cause ppl say taking halfcut is more easy than engine lantai cause everything is ther including the wiring. Any suggestion which one to go for?
Ok.. this is the part where I tell you to do your own research. But since you're a newbie, give chance sikit.

Efi :

Carb :

Or buy a full car :

Here's my thought process though. These engines are stupid old by now so the wiring is questionable. Personally I'd pay about RM2k to do a new wiring harness. Peace of mind for at least another 10 years.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Ok.. this is the part where I tell you to do your own research. But since you're a newbie, give chance sikit.

Efi :

Carb :

Or buy a full car :

Here's my thought process though. These engines are stupid old by now so the wiring is questionable. Personally I'd pay about RM2k to do a new wiring harness. Peace of mind for at least another 10 years.
Bro Izso.. i did do some research. The forums tat i had been reading are like 4-8 years back and wondering wether the price are staying still, down or up but it seems like the price still bleed blood ah.
I recognize the two engines above i was searching for it too except for the saga.. Hihi.
Roughly 4k for engine.. not yet plus installation.. not yet plus engine check up.. and then the wiring u hd mentioned.. and Im from kuching btw so if i have to buy the engine means not yet plus posting fee..
Total up.. aiyo.. might as well buy new car. Correct me if im wrong.
Sorry ya if i ask too much but tats the process of learn new things. I rather ask and get scolded in the process than asking nothing. Cheers.

Reactions: Izso

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hello guys.. its me again.

How much the market value for 4g91 auto/manual, carb/efi (for halfcut) cause ppl say taking halfcut is more easy than engine lantai cause everything is ther including the wiring. Any suggestion which one to go for?
if you can save little more go for 4g92 mivec. Legally allow for 1.3 chassis.
Full halfcut is preferred but depend on your mech if he can source engine lantai + wiring.
Or you plan to kacuk this n that ?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Bro Izso.. i did do some research. The forums tat i had been reading are like 4-8 years back and wondering wether the price are staying still, down or up but it seems like the price still bleed blood ah.
I recognize the two engines above i was searching for it too except for the saga.. Hihi.
Roughly 4k for engine.. not yet plus installation.. not yet plus engine check up.. and then the wiring u hd mentioned.. and Im from kuching btw so if i have to buy the engine means not yet plus posting fee..
Sorry ya if i ask too much but tats the process of learn new things. I rather ask and get scolded in the process than asking nothing. Cheers.
i'm not sure bro @peterj still lurking in zth . He's from kuching iinm.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
cough cough....

putra stock standard pun how much... remember this saying 'stock tu indah'

also, better ask around and learn first, but basics kene tau dulu, otherwise things gona be difficult/confusing

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Half cut and engine prices all depends on availability and popularity. In demand sure prices will be sky high.....

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Half cut and engine prices all depends on availability and popularity. In demand sure prices will be sky high.....
If it costs over my expectation, might as well just play with my current engine. Or should i round2 kuching area looking for halfcut. Wat do u think.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
If it costs over my expectation, might as well just play with my current engine. Or should i round2 kuching area looking for halfcut. Wat do u think.
Surely, Kuching has half-cut shop too... try harder in Google or Facebook. saw some shop in 5 mile and 7 mile area

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Surely, Kuching has half-cut shop too... try harder in Google or Facebook. saw some shop in 5 mile and 7 mile area
Walao.. I live very near at that area but never expect any halfcut shop from there. Alright then. Might as well give it a try rather than not trying.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Modding and especially engine swap to performance one, RM does not end. You may need upgrades on exhaust, brakes, suspension etc....

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Modding and especially engine swap to performance one, RM does not end. You may need upgrades on exhaust, brakes, suspension etc....
Already done my tyres.. rims and suspension. Exhaust on the way.. probably next week.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've been to Kuching once and I don't recall a lot of nice roads. But I could be wrong.

Anyway - what you wanna do with your money is totally up to you. You want to change car - it would make more financial sense. But if you want to mod your existing car that's also ok but just be prepared to be hammered by people who said you wasted your money - just remember it's your money so don't care what they say. Are you the bang for buck type of person or are you the "I wanna mod so I don't give a shit" type of person?

Personally what I think is I wouldn't swap the engine. Mod the crap out of your current car and upgrade your car control. Once you master that you'll be surprised how fast you can be. I know a few guys who drive kinda stock cars like Myvis, 1.3L Satrias, 1.5L Satrias and even automatic cars that are insanely fast on track and on touge roads. Most of their upgrades are suspension, tyres, brakes and exhaust. Once you master your car as is you'll be able to drive most cars fast once you get the hang of the car characteristics.

Alternatively if you're a modder type and not really a driver, then go all crazy with the engine swap. I like building more than driving honestly speaking but at the same time I don't have big budgets. So I need to be realistic and not simply waste money which I've done in the past. I get a lot of satisfaction building a working, properly built and running modded car. But this is expensive and sometimes you'll run out of money which is a major downer.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
I've been to Kuching once and I don't recall a lot of nice roads. But I could be wrong.

Anyway - what you wanna do with your money is totally up to you. You want to change car - it would make more financial sense. But if you want to mod your existing car that's also ok but just be prepared to be hammered by people who said you wasted your money - just remember it's your money so don't care what they say. Are you the bang for buck type of person or are you the "I wanna mod so I don't give a shit" type of person?

Personally what I think is I wouldn't swap the engine. Mod the crap out of your current car and upgrade your car control. Once you master that you'll be surprised how fast you can be. I know a few guys who drive kinda stock cars like Myvis, 1.3L Satrias, 1.5L Satrias and even automatic cars that are insanely fast on track and on touge roads. Most of their upgrades are suspension, tyres, brakes and exhaust. Once you master your car as is you'll be able to drive most cars fast once you get the hang of the car characteristics.

Alternatively if you're a modder type and not really a driver, then go all crazy with the engine swap. I like building more than driving honestly speaking but at the same time I don't have big budgets. So I need to be realistic and not simply waste money which I've done in the past. I get a lot of satisfaction building a working, properly built and running modded car. But this is expensive and sometimes you'll run out of money which is a major downer.
Bro izso.. i am very appreciate that u were able to share ur experiences. But im still in a dilemma wether to play currrent engine or swap. Dude.. i drive hilux everyday goin to work (company one lh), goin to site somemore the road to the site are even more touge eh.
Honestly lah.. i cant lie to myself tat im not looking for power for my ride. But since engine pricetag are nvr goin down, might as well just stick to my stock engine for awhile. Who knows in future lucky2 got offer cheap engines c/w good wiring somemore. :D
Kuching got many roads to lap lah.. but not as many as Kl. Come visit kuching once in awhile. Right after the pandemic is over. Stay safe guys.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Project Tittle : Project Y
Summary :
Build from zerotohundred... I was start with collecting all the information before start. and all the great advise from circle budy...

Specification :
1.3cc / 4inline to 1.6 / 4inline...
Rehore...
Piston Pocket Calculation
Bearing Fitting Calculation
High Comp Piston & Size

Will share on you for next step after this.... keep it view budy.
Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience