Launched: 407hp Volvo S60 T8 R Design PHEV sports sedan

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Some time ago when I was doing a speech I made reference to the Volvo XC90 and everyone looked at me with blank looks. I even called it the Volvo SUV and folks were still blur. Had to show them the pic and then only heard a few "ohhhhhh.. that one ah?"

Seriously. Volvo needs a better slogan and marketing team
Depends on your audience. Volvo is not mass enough, and the brand recognition isn't as good as Mercedes or BMW in most countries. VW gained lots of recognition because of Golf GTi being in many games, even before VW entered Malaysia market.

Yes they need better marketing team, but at the same time, most people can't afford their cars anyway, they need to target BMW and Mercedes customer base.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Some time ago when I was doing a speech I made reference to the Volvo XC90 and everyone looked at me with blank looks. I even called it the Volvo SUV and folks were still blur. Had to show them the pic and then only heard a few "ohhhhhh.. that one ah?"

Seriously. Volvo needs a better slogan and marketing team
Why the heck you are giving a speech about Volvo ??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes they need better marketing team, but at the same time, most people can't afford their cars anyway, they need to target BMW and Mercedes customer base.
Yeah but that kinda boils back to my original point - they need a better tagline and marketing team. People will never see volvo as on par with Merc or BMW except for car enthusiasts.

Why the heck you are giving a speech about Volvo ??
I'm a "toastmaster" so giving speeches is one of the things I used to do when I was active. Incidentally the speech wasn't about volvo, it just had reference to the XC90

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah but that kinda boils back to my original point - they need a better tagline and marketing team. People will never see volvo as on par with Merc or BMW except for car enthusiasts.

I'm a "toastmaster" so giving speeches is one of the things I used to do when I was active. Incidentally the speech wasn't about volvo, it just had reference to the XC90
I see, too bad XC90 or Volvo brand in general is very skewed towards car enthusiasts or generations before Gen Y. My colleagues also can't brain why did i pick a Volvo S60 as my latest ride as i am a Gen Y.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Something rather interesting about the future of tyres.

Michelin plans to make all of its tyres with recycled, renewable, biosourced materials and go 100% sustainable by 2050. In this video, it shows in brief the materials and processes involved to achieve that.

In 2017, Michelin introduced the VISION Concept tyre which featured an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience