Honda civic fd2 with k20z2 engine turbo installation

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ouh I see,, so that’s means its just like normal maintenance and just early than normal change ,, and the FC depending on how we drive right? More push on pedals, means more FC.. Im planning to BOT on my fd.. I’m just worry it will damage my gearbox and engine coz I wanna make a daily car
If you worry too much then don't BOT it. Honestly speaking, modifying anything out of stock will risk something breaking. BOT is a big project, you don't have the mental preparation of blowing up a N/A engine, i suggest you omit it.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Ouh I see,, so that’s means its just like normal maintenance and just early than normal change ,, and the FC depending on how we drive right? More push on pedals, means more FC.. Im planning to BOT on my fd.. I’m just worry it will damage my gearbox and engine coz I wanna make a daily car
not really a proper answer, but an alternative. Why not consider a type r swap... its reliable

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
not really a proper answer, but an alternative. Why not consider a type r swap... its reliable
Cuz it's boring when it's that easy.... (my own slap in the face, famous-last-words)

Are you planning on keeping the auto? If yes then skip the turbo upgrade. The GB isn't rated for that much power gain. IIRC from the time I was looking to buying a FD2 and read on forums, the FD2 auto gb is rated just 20% more than stock engine power. If you boost I think you'll easily hit that 20% threshold.

RR 46

Oct 15, 2019
Looks like someone there use for daily car,, and nothing major problem happened.. but he’s using manual gb.. and type r swap is too mainstream and its used manual gearbox,, which I don’t like for daily use..Im just want tune for make easier on overtake when on the road.. don’t ask why not buy another cars ,, I’m just really love FD design

Attachments

RR 46

Oct 15, 2019
Cuz it's boring when it's that easy.... (my own slap in the face, famous-last-words)

Are you planning on keeping the auto? If yes then skip the turbo upgrade. The GB isn't rated for that much power gain. IIRC from the time I was looking to buying a FD2 and read on forums, the FD2 auto gb is rated just 20% more than stock engine power. If you boost I think you'll easily hit that 20% threshold.
How about k24 auto gb? .. I’m planning just to get around 250-280whp ... Im not planning on swap k24 engine coz it will cost money on roadtax .. hahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Looks like someone there use for daily car,, and nothing major problem happened.. but he’s using manual gb.. and type r swap is too mainstream and its used manual gearbox,, which I don’t like for daily use..Im just want tune for make easier on overtake when on the road.. don’t ask why not buy another cars ,, I’m just really love FD design
Dont believe all that you read on the internet

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
How about k24 auto gb? .. I’m planning just to get around 250-280whp ... Im not planning on swap k24 engine coz it will cost money on roadtax .. hahaha
am just wondering, how much are you expexting to spend on the bolt on kit?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Honestly I don't know enough about the Honda GBs to answer your question. I dont think the K24 GB is a PNP for the FD2 anyway. Why don't you ask around and tell us?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Almost the same model and internal, and its not made to withstand over 20% of its' stock crank power. Low boost at 0.5 bar, increase the power to about 40% from original is pretty good for street use. Don't compare the track car with daily driven, on the track there is no such thing as TRAFFIC JAMME, on the track is all about high speed driving, and the fast wind speed will aid in cooling down the engine. Try and use that car in your post to stuck in KL traffic and watch the temp gauge grows.

Reactions: alcyon and RR 46

RR 46

Oct 15, 2019
Honestly I don't know enough about the Honda GBs to answer your question. I dont think the K24 GB is a PNP for the FD2 anyway. Why don't you ask around and tell us?
Its not just pnp,, certain tuner said,, the mounting need to adjust .. and the rest just pnp..

RR 46

Oct 15, 2019
Almost the same model and internal, and its not made to withstand over 20% of its' stock crank power. Low boost at 0.5 bar, increase the power to about 40% from original is pretty good for street use. Don't compare the track car with daily driven, on the track there is no such thing as TRAFFIC JAMME, on the track is all about high speed driving, and the fast wind speed will aid in cooling down the engine. Try and use that car in your post to stuck in KL traffic and watch the temp gauge grows.
Ok I got it.. it makes a sense.. 0.5-0.8 bar are good enough to me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anything to play around with a Jetta.
It should be almost the same as a Golf.
Golf got a Type R don't understand why not Type R for Jetta.
Our place here really sux. Europe got 1.6, we've only 1.4.
Would have got the 1.6 if we've got it. Just paid deposit for a 1.4

Anything to kick up it's power?
Yea... The car comes with 5 years warranty.
Those that bought this car mostly won't do it but I'm the kind that get board fast.
If the time comes then 1 day I might just shout out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience