Modding 4G18

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Here's another idea in terms of forced induction, go with AMR500 supercharger, mini roots style supercharge that gives you feeling like bigger N/A engine in your Waja. You can keep the stock exhaust system and its stealthy as fuck. And you get that supercharger whine.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: 4GG

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Here's another idea in terms of forced induction, go with AMR500 supercharger, mini roots style supercharge that gives you feeling like bigger N/A engine in your Waja. You can keep the stock exhaust system and its stealthy as fuck. And you get that supercharger whine.

Thanks,
Ken
people will think you have a problem with your fan belt. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
people will think you have a problem with your fan belt. HAHAHAHAHAHA
From experience it isnt that loud, tested it on a 4AGE 16V Black Top. I think the engine roar louder than the supercharger.

4GG

Oct 9, 2019
@vr2turbo @Izso @LittleWhiteWagon @gunnerzz
@Mitevo7
I really appreciate all the advise given. To get a new car was never in my thought but probably a used Nissan Silvia S15 or 14 or a Mit Evo9.

Having a supercharger 4g18 sounds interesting but my doubts is not about the supercharger but the engine 4g18. Can the engine really last long. I have a very bad driving attitude, what I mean is I always drive on high rev, been practicing this for the past 7 to 8 years, I'm glad the 4g18 is still good thats probably because I always give a good engine maintenance for the 4g18. I would probably sell the engine but not the car.

Getting a 4g93t inside the Waja is a great idea to me. I will not worry about the petrol because if it's going to be done with 4g93T so the car will be used only for weekend drive. It took me almost 5 years to understand the 4g18 engine n today I can drive my waja so crazily even knowing my tyres are all BOTAK. hehe actually only the front wheel tyres back still ok. Moving on, I dont know how long am I going to take to study and drive the 4G93t at top speed and still being calm and cool.

If I would choose the 4g93t, is 35k enough for a complete 4G93T Waja.

Reactions: Izso

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
@Mitevo7
I really appreciate all the advise given. To get a new car was never in my thought but probably a used Nissan Silvia S15 or 14 or a Mit Evo9.

Having a supercharger 4g18 sounds interesting but my doubts is not about the supercharger but the engine 4g18. Can the engine really last long. I have a very bad driving attitude, what I mean is I always drive on high rev, been practicing this for the past 7 to 8 years, I'm glad the 4g18 is still good thats probably because I always give a good engine maintenance for the 4g18. I would probably sell the engine but not the car.

Getting a 4g93t inside the Waja is a great idea to me. I will not worry about the petrol because if it's going to be done with 4g93T so the car will be used only for weekend drive. It took me almost 5 years to understand the 4g18 engine n today I can drive my waja so crazily even knowing my tyres are all BOTAK. hehe actually only the front wheel tyres back still ok. Moving on, I dont know how long am I going to take to study and drive the 4G93t at top speed and still being calm and cool.

4g93t halfcut is expensive last i bought 10k+... replace critical parts, then suspension, wheels, rubbers. Couple of thai defi gauges. Depo AFR.
Braided brake lines. Superpro bushes _ thanks @Izso .Total took me 3yrs+. Current engine is stock.
35k maybe or cukup makan if you include engine mods.
I not even start fiddling with "engine" mods yet. Hahaha...anyway i daily my wira to everywhere.

Reactions: Izso and 4GG

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
4g93t halfcut is expensive last i bought 10k+... replace critical parts, then suspension, wheels, rubbers. Couple of thai defi gauges. Depo AFR.
Braided brake lines. Superpro bushes _ thanks @Izso .Total took me 3yrs+. Current engine is stock.
35k maybe or cukup makan if you include engine mods.
I not even start fiddling with "engine" mods yet. Hahaha...anyway i daily my wira to everywhere.
Wow! my time was much cheaper but then money value was bigger those days, however I think affordable as my 4G63T was RM1.5k only, all in under RM10k as workmanship also cheaper those days....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
@Mitevo7

AMR500 supercharger is a very small supercharger, max boost you can hope for is 0.6 bar, generally it requires less maintenance, its like having a second engine, it has a dipstick for you to check its oil level so you don't dry out the roots inside the supercharger. Best thing about supercharger is fully mechanical driven and it depends on your engine RPM to produce boost consecutively. Reliability wise, it doesn't produce much heat, pretty good for your "abuse", just make sure your supercharger pulley and belt is always in good condition. Since its small, you can fit into any engine bay easily, things you need:

1.) AMR supercharger
2.) Custom bracket to mount the supercharger
3.) Electric power steering pump (if the stock hydrolic pump is in the way to mount the supercharger)
4.) Custom intake piping
5.) Bypass Valve (not the same as blow off valve as you are rerouting the excess pressure back into intake)
6.) Intercooler (may need or don't need depends on your desire)
7.) higher CC fuel injectors
8.) Better spark plugs
9.) Better ignition cables
10.) Better ignition distributors
11.) Piggy back ecu to optimize everything.
Optional : Custom pulley to increase boost.

Noticed i didn't mention exhaust system ? Supercharged engine relies on the ENGINE itself, rather than exhaust driven turbo.

Downside is, supercharger will have parasitic effect to your engine, there's an old folk saying in the past, for every 100hp you made with turbo, you lost 10hp, for every 100hp you made with supercharger, you lost 30hp.

PICK YOUR POISON !

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
@Mitevo7

35K is a good budget. Can get everything done for that... but if you've never had oil/water temp & pressure issues, when you start modding that's where the fun starts.

Constantly whacking a modded car it won't last as long if you don't know how to prolong the lifespan of it.The 18 if built, has proper cooling and good oil is used it'll last for a while.

On the opposite end, if you whack the living shit out of it 24/7 without monitoring temps it'll end pretty badly. This goes for the 93 as well.

Reactions: Izso

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
AMR500 supercharger is a very small supercharger, max boost you can hope for is 0.6 bar, generally it requires less maintenance, its like having a second engine, it has a dipstick for you to check its oil level so you don't dry out the roots inside the supercharger. Best thing about supercharger is fully mechanical driven and it depends on your engine RPM to produce boost consecutively. Reliability wise, it doesn't produce much heat, pretty good for your "abuse", just make sure your supercharger pulley and belt is always in good condition. Since its small, you can fit into any engine bay easily, things you need:

1.) AMR supercharger
2.) Custom bracket to mount the supercharger
3.) Electric power steering pump (if the stock hydrolic pump is in the way to mount the supercharger)
4.) Custom intake piping
5.) Bypass Valve (not the same as blow off valve as you are rerouting the excess pressure back into intake)
6.) Intercooler (may need or don't need depends on your desire)
7.) higher CC fuel injectors
8.) Better spark plugs
9.) Better ignition cables
10.) Better ignition distributors
11.) Piggy back ecu to optimize everything.
Optional : Custom pulley to increase boost.

Noticed i didn't mention exhaust system ? Supercharged engine relies on the ENGINE itself, rather than exhaust driven turbo.

Downside is, supercharger will have parasitic effect to your engine, there's an old folk saying in the past, for every 100hp you made with turbo, you lost 10hp, for every 100hp you made with supercharger, you lost 30hp.

PICK YOUR POISON !

I would highly suggest the intercooler. The supercharger's IAT is pretty damn hot if not intercooled haha.

EPS conversion also you'll need a standalone for the PWM to maintain the pressure.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience