Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Bro, been years and years man! How have you been?

Normally a kia to mitsu swap would be pretty straight. But both your cars are from the generation that kia was using mazda engines. With that said the swap to a gsr is tricky like most people here have highlighted. Its gonna cost a lot and to get someone to get it right is tricker. ensuring the engine position is right so that the drive shafts are straight requires the engine to sit either enough back or front depending. If the space is available, then comes designing the mount brackets for it. If you dont get this right, you are gonna have vibrations and you are gonna go thru cv joint changes very often. There are people still willing to do such swaps, but you are gonna need alot of $$$.

As for the spectra, i think a turbo option will be better then a supercharge route. you can always fabricate a manifold to suit the tight space. worst come to worst a remote turbo location. since you are running standard internals, you might wanna spend on management to ensure you get it to run properly. Not too sure what sorta management would work with the Kia.

A cheaper option maybe to go with a B8 na swap. Your original engine is already a B6. im sure these engines have dropped in prices as they are not in demand. having driven those from the tx3 i can say it does have decent amount of torque not as much as the turbo version :p but still decent to get you going.

Like everyone else has mentioned, these are not popular cars that people play around with so ensuring the end result is a gamble. All the best dude
Hey bro!!! How r u? Yeah been sometime... Had so many time tried to avoid the modding scene... But i failed:banana:... My whole body so itchy when i drive car with no power hahaha...

I'll pm u later k.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hey bro!!! How r u? Yeah been sometime... Had so many time tried to avoid the modding scene... But i failed:banana:... My whole body so itchy when i drive car with no power hahaha...

I'll pm u later k.
ya everyone understand the itchiness syndrome...hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
May be this might sound a bit harsh, KIA is not exactly

I wonder why the new owners wife can drive it like that while you spent so much time fixing here and there :P
New owners budget is significantly bigger and less OCD than me.
But Satria GTi and Putra can go up to 4G63 right?
Nope. Not anymore.

https://www.jpj.gov.my/en/web/main-...edge_base/technical/engine-change-application

Only Inspira and Perdana can swap to 2.0 engines. Everything else is limited to 1.8.

But then how come so many Satria GTI got 4G63T endorsed? My tuner now also has a Wira converted to 4G63T AWD.
This was probably done before the JPJ ruling was updated. Sometime back Protons could be changed to 4WD too and legally endorsed but that changed together with the 63T ruling.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Nope. Not anymore.

https://www.jpj.gov.my/en/web/main-...edge_base/technical/engine-change-application

Only Inspira and Perdana can swap to 2.0 engines. Everything else is limited to 1.8.

This was probably done before the JPJ ruling was updated. Sometime back Protons could be changed to 4WD too and legally endorsed but that changed together with the 63T ruling.
i heard that the ruling was done because some VIP child accident due to shoddy swap job. hence the new ruling like that.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i heard that the ruling was done because some VIP child accident due to shoddy swap job. hence the new ruling like that.
Actually I don't think shoddy work. Even my 4G63T when first went into my E33 body which is heavy, the power transmitted to FWD only need, need learning to drive properly. If 4G63T goes into Wira or Satria body which is so light, the power will be wild, and youngster will rev it kao kao, sure problem.....lol

Reactions: sanekit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually I don't think shoddy work. Even my 4G63T when first went into my E33 body which is heavy, the power transmitted to FWD only need, need learning to drive properly. If 4G63T goes into Wira or Satria body which is so light, the power will be wild, and youngster will rev it kao kao, sure problem.....lol
Ya lor, whenever you got to own something much faster than you used to drive, you need to adapt to it first, not go nuts immediately! Or also when you switch from fwd to Rwd, you need to learn its handling behavior first. For me at least that's how I approach it. If you go nuts immediately then very risky. Few young guys in the Mark X club also destroyed their cars within just a few months owning coz they're still not used to it but yet went too fast in the corners. They all also upgraded from much slower FWD cars.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that's kinda sad. One stupid ass did a shit job and everyone kena. VIP no money do it properly meh.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ya lor, whenever you got to own something much faster than you used to drive, you need to adapt to it first, not go nuts immediately! Or also when you switch from fwd to Rwd, you need to learn its handling behavior first. For me at least that's how I approach it. If you go nuts immediately then very risky. Few young guys in the Mark X club also destroyed their cars within just a few months owning coz they're still not used to it but yet went too fast in the corners. They all also upgraded from much slower FWD cars.
I used to drive both FWD Lancer and RWD BMW E46ci on daily basis (Day car Lancer, night car to the gym BMW). Switching back and forth helps me understand both cars handling is very different from each other. My engine conversion eventually went to the Bimmer as it has better chassis to begin with and its sits lower to the ground, good for fast driving without too much of modifications. Plus RWD in nature is better in terms of control.

Mark X might be a little tall and heavy to begin with, upgrading from light FWD (commonly from Wira or Satria) to heavier RWD is a big change though. My condolences to those Mark X that went down with the ignorance of immature drivers.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah rev it 99 but the power is hardly transferred to the road, FWD without proper traction management is useless and cornering will be quite awful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

am looking for new suspension set for Sentra N16 (fitted with stock suspension). any good recommendations? i'm considering some but not sure good or not;-

- nismo S-Tune (from Tan Chong)
- GAB with AVCS
- Eibach (pro-damper and pro-kit)

Cheers!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience