Show us your lancer/evo pics!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

IZME

Aug 20, 2019
That's a pretty impressive restore. LHD? American car? How much did you end up spending on the refresh? Damnnnn
No it’s a Philippine car I bought for 30,000 Pesos / 574.00 USD had been setting for 4 years. Total costs including the car, parts and paint cost 278,000 Pesos / 5,320.00 USD. It runs and drives like a new car no rattles at all, also the inside looks new. Everything works including the power windows, auto door locks and aircon. All the rust I cut out and welded in new sheet metal. Then a light coating of body filler over welded areas. Then 2 coats of primmer, 3 coats of base a course metallic blue with a little pearl mixed in. The hood, roof, trunk and spoiler I painted them a course metallic black with a little blue mixed in. Mixed a little of the blue base with the clear coat, 3 coats over the whole body and finished it off with 2 coats of clear nothing mixed in. Close up it looks like a mini metal flake paint job.

The picture I just finished welding in the new sheet metal and it’s all sanded. I removed all the glass for painting. I’m an Expat from the USA
BEFORE.JPG

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
No it’s a Philippine car I bought for 30,000 Pesos / 574.00 USD had been setting for 4 years. Total costs including the car, parts and paint cost 278,000 Pesos / 5,320.00 USD. It runs and drives like a new car no rattles at all, also the inside looks new. Everything works including the power windows, auto door locks and aircon. All the rust I cut out and welded in new sheet metal. Then a light coating of body filler over welded areas. Then 2 coats of primmer, 3 coats of base a course metallic blue with a little pearl mixed in. The hood, roof, trunk and spoiler I painted them a course metallic black with a little blue mixed in. Mixed a little of the blue base with the clear coat, 3 coats over the whole body and finished it off with 2 coats of clear nothing mixed in. Close up it looks like a mini metal flake paint job.

The picture I just finished welding in the new sheet metal and it’s all sanded. I removed all the glass for painting. I’m an Expat from the USA
View attachment 575826
Please post a story on the journey pls.....
Its been a while since we read abt a restoration project.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

View attachment 575826
Kudos

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mine was SOHC auto, until GB kaput, then in went VR......lol
Mine was full original 4G63 DOHC, year 1993. I only changed the springs/,rims tires, and did full set audio in it (component set, sub, power amp, DSP). When I sold it in 2007, the mileage was still under 100k km.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine was full original 4G63 DOHC, year 1993. I only changed the springs/,rims tires, and did full set audio in it (component set, sub, power amp, DSP). When I sold it in 2007, the mileage was still under 100k km.
So you had the great great great great grandfather, now the great great great grandson........lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A few years ago, getting your car’s tyres changed meant stopping over at the tyre shop and if you needed to do an oil change that would require a pit stop at another shop.

Today the centralization of all car services is a boon for car owners as this means they can ensure their vehicles get the proper TLC it needs with the convenience of having it done under one roof to save time and money as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience