2014 Ford Focus S+

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Hi Guys/Sifu out there, want some opinion from your guys.
I'm getting transfer back to KL HQ by end of this month, so will work at Puchong starting Sept, planning to get a car there. My Budget is around RM40-50K for used unit.
So far I saw Ford Focus S+ Model that suit my taste la..
The question is will this car need alot of $$ to do maintenance and is the spare parts easy to find?
Thanks

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ford?? I'd avoid. Better buy Toyota Mark X, surely much more reliable and easier to maintain. Quite a decent performance too.

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Dry clutch DSG?
nope...look elsewhere
Yeah, i read some review oversea mention that the Dry Clutch will have some issue if some oil manage to slips in. that why i ask if got any Focus owner here got some issue with their car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yeah, i read some review oversea mention that the Dry Clutch will have some issue if some oil manage to slips in. that why i ask if got any Focus owner here got some issue with their car.
Last year i order grab and a Ford come in..i think its Fiesta. Gearchange 1-2 or 2-1 is jerky. Later...with a bit of googling found out its DSG problem.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Guys/Sifu out there, want some opinion from your guys.
I'm getting transfer back to KL HQ by end of this month, so will work at Puchong starting Sept, planning to get a car there. My Budget is around RM40-50K for used unit.
So far I saw Ford Focus S+ Model that suit my taste la..
The question is will this car need alot of $$ to do maintenance and is the spare parts easy to find?
Thanks
If you can find a manual it's a great car. But Ford support locally is pretty bad and the cars are pretty well known for issues that aren't really shared online because the community is so small. So a manual variant will be great but otherwise prepare to pay a lot of money to maintain an old Ford.

What other cars are you looking at? Conti? Jap? Korean?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Last year i order grab and a Ford come in..i think its Fiesta. Gearchange 1-2 or 2-1 is jerky. Later...with a bit of googling found out its DSG problem.
Me too, had that experience in Melbource cab, Ford Ecosport, the damn thing judder so violently from 1-2 and 2-1. Every single take off i can feel my brain is vibrating.

Avoid Powershift Dry type, go with the Wet Type if you must.

Alexzai

Jan 20, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
If you can find a manual it's a great car. But Ford support locally is pretty bad and the cars are pretty well known for issues that aren't really shared online because the community is so small. So a manual variant will be great but otherwise prepare to pay a lot of money to maintain an old Ford.

What other cars are you looking at? Conti? Jap? Korean?
No preferred brand at the moment, as long as it's within budget or high abit also can. comfortable for city drive and better if can have abit of "ohmm" when go genting or long distance drive.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
No preferred brand at the moment, as long as it's within budget or high abit also can. comfortable for city drive and better if can have abit of "ohmm" when go genting or long distance drive.
Dont mind brand image then u can have a look at Kia Cerato K3...1.6l engine.
Well built and equipped. Dirt cheap in 2nd hand market for what it offers. Its riding firm like a continental. Too bad the steering is very artificial.

Renault Fluence is also dirt cheap. Engine and tranny are Nissan so no worry there. The rest (suspension part, brakes, etc) will pinch u abit coz it will be from Renault.

PerdanaAccord is well below 60k for a used 2014 model. Inspira is very2 cheap too.

U can filter search in any online trading platform and u will find yourself spoilt for choices.

Reactions: alcyon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then Mark X is the perfect choice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I've browse through couple of Import Tuner magazine online and saw this red & black cap on Honda cars. What is it called and what is the function of it?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience