May 13, 2010
The Mines

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
JZX100 is about 70-80k for a buy and drive unit. The autos are slightly cheaper. JZX110 are above 80k.

Ok.. but that's a face only a mother can love. I do not like how it looks and remember I'm pretty anti-SUV? hehe..

Ouch bro.. I think our mistakes are equally expensive. But I suspect I'm older than you so I probably made more mistakes. HAHA! (Secretly sobbing in silence)

#1 bought an iconic car but not realizing how expensive it was to fix up and I had just started to work. Sold off in weeks with pretty big losses. Never got to drive it because it was not really road healthy.

#2 bought an auto instead of the manual not knowing that this was the third variant of the model. I wanted the 1st variant. It wasn't a huge mistake cuz I ended up converting it manual and lived with this car for more than 10 years. Spent quite a lot of money modding it up too only for it to be thrashed by @TitanRev 's 1.3L 'stock' Saga twice in two different race tracks.

#3 bought a super dull boring as heck car that I thought fitted my requirements (which it did.... except for one requirement - my own driving enjoyment) and sold the car within 2 years. Spent quite a lot of money fixing this car, did not know how expensive it was to maintain. Bloody TB O-ring costs RM40, intake manifold O-ring RM180 and to replace the spark plugs (which are all iridium btw from factory $$$) the goddamn TB, intake manifold and a shit ton of things have to be removed. Car under-steered so much when thrown into corners but that didn't matter because the goddamn CVT was so gutless it was impossible to get into any sort of trouble unless I purposely drove off a cliff.

#4 bought a mid-life crisis car which I got to drive 3 weeks out of 1+ years of ownership. Spent a hefty amount fixing it and ended up selling it because I couldn't take the cost of fixes and mods. But to be fair I went to the wrong people to fix, after I sold the car I found a few people who could've done what I did for much cheaper and much better workmanship. The interior for this car was done up by me and was perfect and so was the bushes and a lot of custom parts all done up.

Oh and my other mistake which wasn't my own car - buying a Myvi for wife. Stupid piece of trash car. I cannot even drive normally in that car without losing my temper because some f*cking dumbass will never fail to cut me off only to drive like a f*cking tortoise in front of me. No one treats a Myvi with respect on the road. And the pathetic torque/power from a 1.3 auto is a joke.

So anyway I'm close to one year car-less because I've been daaaaamn picky in choosing the right car. Hopefully I'll get to see an interesting diesel car this coming weekend or something. Waiting for the fella to free up his schedule.
Wah so expensive ya. 70-80k I'd buy Evo 7.

Wah so many mistakes and regrets! You're OCD and know cars very well but some how had made that many mistakes, quite surprising.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
With your OCD, i doubt you can buy a "right" car. Just get one that is almost right and make it perfectly right :)

Thanks,
Ken
Oh by "right" I mean suites my requirements. I don't need it to be in great shape cuz I know price won't be 'right' in that sense. I can get the shape to look right but I can't get driving feel, space, etc to be 'right' unless it comes with it.

ok found iTTTT!!!!

https://www.mudah.my/Proton+SAGA+1+3+1+6+A+TO+1+5+MIVEC+TURBO+COLT-75696757.htm

this one should feed your lust for speed in a while....
Uh dude... speed? I'm driving a saga FLX and a Myvi at the moment. Where got lust for speed la?

I can get access to a diesel E60. That's better than the X3 in my opinion. No no no no SUV

Definitely no to VW. Not for poor people like me.

Wah so expensive ya. 70-80k I'd buy Evo 7.

Wah so many mistakes and regrets! You're OCD and know cars very well but some how had made that many mistakes, quite surprising.
Uh... that's how you become well versed with a car. You OCD over it and make mistakes with it. Anyway #1 was the biggest mistake and back then that car was nothing more than a pipe dream purchase. Heck even now it's a pipe dream. And everyone starts somewhere in terms of knowledge. I unfortunately just learnt things through the hard way.

yrv avanza not too shabby..sleeper

but its over the sea... LOL
What's with you and SUVs / Vans la?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Oh by "right" I mean suites my requirements. I don't need it to be in great shape cuz I know price won't be 'right' in that sense. I can get the shape to look right but I can't get driving feel, space, etc to be 'right' unless it comes with it
Plenty of choices if the market, you also can't go wrong with a Honda Civic FD2 2.0 i-VTEC. Just that it isn't manual, other things all checked nicely. Handling is easily one of the best compact sedan and plenty after market support. I have friends who still driving the FD2 or FD1 for close to 13 years without fail. For myself i have been driving my LGT for close to 11 years, i should say in terms of reliability, its the worse Japanese car i have ever owned, but i love the car's look, driving feel. Apart from that because it also looks like an EVO.

Thanks,
Ken

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Uh dude... speed? I'm driving a saga FLX and a Myvi at the moment. Where got lust for speed la?

the flx have higher power than stock...

the myvi u were saying u hate it...means already u need torque and power obviously...

suv/mpv? nothing...just i think it suits you better with bigger body built....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

the myvi u were saying u hate it...means already u need torque and power obviously...

suv/mpv? nothing...just i think it suits you better with bigger body built....
Told him to buy SUV for wife, and project car for himself......hahhahahha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Plenty of choices if the market, you also can't go wrong with a Honda Civic FD2 2.0 i-VTEC. Just that it isn't manual, other things all checked nicely. Handling is easily one of the best compact sedan and plenty after market support. I have friends who still driving the FD2 or FD1 for close to 13 years without fail. For myself i have been driving my LGT for close to 11 years, i should say in terms of reliability, its the worse Japanese car i have ever owned, but i love the car's look, driving feel. Apart from that because it also looks like an EVO.

Thanks,
Ken
FD2... I wouldn't mind. But none within my price range.

Eh no la. I was quite happy driving around in Honda S660. Not much power but handling is awesome.

Told him to buy SUV for wife, and project car for himself......hahhahahha
wahlau.. if I had that kinda money this topic wouldn't exist.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh by "right" I mean suites my requirements. I don't need it to be in great shape cuz I know price won't be 'right' in that sense. I can get the shape to look right but I can't get driving feel, space, etc to be 'right' unless it comes with it.

I can get access to a diesel E60. That's better than the X3 in my opinion. No no no no SUV

Definitely no to VW. Not for poor people like me.

Uh... that's how you become well versed with a car. You OCD over it and make mistakes with it. Anyway #1 was the biggest mistake and back then that car was nothing more than a pipe dream purchase. Heck even now it's a pipe dream. And everyone starts somewhere in terms of knowledge. I unfortunately just learnt things through the hard way.

Btw what was your first car?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
E46 must get a 2.5L Inline 6 or higher, i know his taste. But the roadtax and insurance may out of his budget?

Thanks,
Ken
Not easy to match when must within this and that. This ok, that cannot, that ok, this cannot.....:dontknow:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Not easy to match when must within this and that. This ok, that cannot, that ok, this cannot.....:dontknow:
Yeah you are right. The best thing is go back to this process: Budget > Year > CC > Auto/Manual > Body type > Brand

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, yesterday i was in KL. heavy floods. So i has to go through the floods. When i came home, i noticed that the fog light was not working. any idea why?

btw, there is something called relay which might be connected to the fog light.

does it mean that i have to change or repair smtg in a proton each time it goes through a flood? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience