Will Izso buy a good car???

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
maybe mk5 golf gti?

or perhaps like previously mentioned before... a SR20VET swapped nissan Xtrail.... :biggrin: sleeper...and it share base from normal SR20.. just slightly different head...
Between that 2, definitely the VW. The Xtrail probably rides like its falling apart.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
maybe mk5 golf gti?

or perhaps like previously mentioned before... a SR20VET swapped nissan Xtrail.... :biggrin: sleeper...and it share base from normal SR20.. just slightly different head...
I'm never going to be able to afford maintaining a VW so realistically I don't think I'd buy a VW although the MK5 is a pretty nice car. And no more frankensteins for me. Once bitten twice shy. Pretty sure the SR20 is not PNP into an XTrail

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bloody hell. They say cash is king. The E90 2.0 that I saw was swept up by a Easterner with tonnes of cash in hand. Oh well.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm never going to be able to afford maintaining a VW so realistically I don't think I'd buy a VW although the MK5 is a pretty nice car. And no more frankensteins for me. Once bitten twice shy. Pretty sure the SR20 is not PNP into an XTrail
PnP also don't buy. Just buy something lock stock barrel and drive it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it is coming from xtrail...just not on malaysian shore...strictly on JDM use (or few lucky recond brought here)
the rest is swap...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/kgkkl8p/

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Still searching for the "right one".

I did some research on the E90 generation diesel cars. Parts are super rare in terms of halfcut locally and they aren't cheap new. The petrol variant has a lot more cheaper options. But the good FC and torque is a huge plus for me. I'm still waiting for your friend to respond though.

Maybe I already bought a car and I've just been quietly driving it around without announcing. Hehe.

Anyway I wanna make a video about this whole fiasco. And to teach people not to repeat my mistakes.
So what kind of mistakes u did with your other cars?

Im drove a modified toyota corolla ae101 with 6 speed 4age blacktop engine before. And now a 225hp sentra sr20ve 6 speed.

Your mistakes might be same as mine hahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Did you do research on it? My brother’s 2008 Mk V GTi was problem free. He got rid of it like 2 years back. Only the usual wear and tear.

His was a 3 door variant. Was nice and cozy for carving corners. I was well asleep has he drove up Yosemite and Lake Tahoe.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I mean that applies to any cars selection la. I bought my son's Swift also relatively stock.

Chaser that expensive??
JZX100 is about 70-80k for a buy and drive unit. The autos are slightly cheaper. JZX110 are above 80k.

it is coming from xtrail...just not on malaysian shore...strictly on JDM use (or few lucky recond brought here)
the rest is swap...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/kgkkl8p/
Ok.. but that's a face only a mother can love. I do not like how it looks and remember I'm pretty anti-SUV? hehe..

So what kind of mistakes u did with your other cars?

Im drove a modified toyota corolla ae101 with 6 speed 4age blacktop engine before. And now a 225hp sentra sr20ve 6 speed.

Your mistakes might be same as mine hahaha
Ouch bro.. I think our mistakes are equally expensive. But I suspect I'm older than you so I probably made more mistakes. HAHA! (Secretly sobbing in silence)

#1 bought an iconic car but not realizing how expensive it was to fix up and I had just started to work. Sold off in weeks with pretty big losses. Never got to drive it because it was not really road healthy.

#2 bought an auto instead of the manual not knowing that this was the third variant of the model. I wanted the 1st variant. It wasn't a huge mistake cuz I ended up converting it manual and lived with this car for more than 10 years. Spent quite a lot of money modding it up too only for it to be thrashed by @TitanRev 's 1.3L 'stock' Saga twice in two different race tracks.

#3 bought a super dull boring as heck car that I thought fitted my requirements (which it did.... except for one requirement - my own driving enjoyment) and sold the car within 2 years. Spent quite a lot of money fixing this car, did not know how expensive it was to maintain. Bloody TB O-ring costs RM40, intake manifold O-ring RM180 and to replace the spark plugs (which are all iridium btw from factory $$$) the goddamn TB, intake manifold and a shit ton of things have to be removed. Car under-steered so much when thrown into corners but that didn't matter because the goddamn CVT was so gutless it was impossible to get into any sort of trouble unless I purposely drove off a cliff.

#4 bought a mid-life crisis car which I got to drive 3 weeks out of 1+ years of ownership. Spent a hefty amount fixing it and ended up selling it because I couldn't take the cost of fixes and mods. But to be fair I went to the wrong people to fix, after I sold the car I found a few people who could've done what I did for much cheaper and much better workmanship. The interior for this car was done up by me and was perfect and so was the bushes and a lot of custom parts all done up.

Oh and my other mistake which wasn't my own car - buying a Myvi for wife. Stupid piece of trash car. I cannot even drive normally in that car without losing my temper because some f*cking dumbass will never fail to cut me off only to drive like a f*cking tortoise in front of me. No one treats a Myvi with respect on the road. And the pathetic torque/power from a 1.3 auto is a joke.

So anyway I'm close to one year car-less because I've been daaaaamn picky in choosing the right car. Hopefully I'll get to see an interesting diesel car this coming weekend or something. Waiting for the fella to free up his schedule.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yours toyota in toyota, nissan in nissan, his toyota in BMW......lol
Oh the knife stab hurts bro.. hurts.

Did you do research on it? My brother’s 2008 Mk V GTi was problem free. He got rid of it like 2 years back. Only the usual wear and tear.
The wear and tear is the one that will bother me. I've done the research, prices are slightly higher than Nissan Sylphy in terms of wear and tear parts. The GB oil also is quite expensive like the Nissan NS3 oil and there isn't many "compatible" oils out there too for VW. Problem free or not will depend on my luck too and I've been having pretty shitty car-luck. And it sounds like your brothers car was from the USA, M'sian cars are pretty different for some reason. Maybe the localisation parts of the cars lower its quality?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
JZX100 is about 70-80k for a buy and drive unit. The autos are slightly cheaper. JZX110 are above 80k.

Ok.. but that's a face only a mother can love. I do not like how it looks and remember I'm pretty anti-SUV? hehe..

Ouch bro.. I think our mistakes are equally expensive. But I suspect I'm older than you so I probably made more mistakes. HAHA! (Secretly sobbing in silence)

#1 bought an iconic car but not realizing how expensive it was to fix up and I had just started to work. Sold off in weeks with pretty big losses. Never got to drive it because it was not really road healthy.

#2 bought an auto instead of the manual not knowing that this was the third variant of the model. I wanted the 1st variant. It wasn't a huge mistake cuz I ended up converting it manual and lived with this car for more than 10 years. Spent quite a lot of money modding it up too only for it to be thrashed by @TitanRev 's 1.3L 'stock' Saga twice in two different race tracks.

#3 bought a super dull boring as heck car that I thought fitted my requirements (which it did.... except for one requirement - my own driving enjoyment) and sold the car within 2 years. Spent quite a lot of money fixing this car, did not know how expensive it was to maintain. Bloody TB O-ring costs RM40, intake manifold O-ring RM180 and to replace the spark plugs (which are all iridium btw from factory $$$) the goddamn TB, intake manifold and a shit ton of things have to be removed. Car under-steered so much when thrown into corners but that didn't matter because the goddamn CVT was so gutless it was impossible to get into any sort of trouble unless I purposely drove off a cliff.

#4 bought a mid-life crisis car which I got to drive 3 weeks out of 1+ years of ownership. Spent a hefty amount fixing it and ended up selling it because I couldn't take the cost of fixes and mods. But to be fair I went to the wrong people to fix, after I sold the car I found a few people who could've done what I did for much cheaper and much better workmanship. The interior for this car was done up by me and was perfect and so was the bushes and a lot of custom parts all done up.

Oh and my other mistake which wasn't my own car - buying a Myvi for wife. Stupid piece of trash car. I cannot even drive normally in that car without losing my temper because some f*cking dumbass will never fail to cut me off only to drive like a f*cking tortoise in front of me. No one treats a Myvi with respect on the road. And the pathetic torque/power from a 1.3 auto is a joke.

So anyway I'm close to one year car-less because I've been daaaaamn picky in choosing the right car. Hopefully I'll get to see an interesting diesel car this coming weekend or something. Waiting for the fella to free up his schedule.
With your OCD, i doubt you can buy a "right" car. Just get one that is almost right and make it perfectly right :)

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifu's

Need some advise wether is there any advantages if i install a v-afc into my
6a12 engine?coz one of my frend told me that itz activates my valve timing system and plays something like mivec or v tec!!is it true??plz advise thankz:itsme:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience