vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It really depends on how you look at it. Easy - not really because they are quite fussy cars meaning if it says 10k OCI, you better do it at 8k. And aftermarket OEM parts not necessarily good to use and better to stick with ori. But having said that if you know where to look the parts aren't overly expensive and are comparable with Toyotas of the same segment (except for some things like airbags.. BMW costs more). Your friends probably bought their bimmers new and were forced to go back to Autobavaria for service and got screwed over. Or they bought lemon used units (there are tonnes) which bled their wallets dry.

The thing about the Camry compared to a BMW 3-series or 5-series, the Camry is way more forgiving compared to the BMWs. You could forget to service the Camry and run to 20k without breaking anything. Do that with a BMW and prepare to replace your valves seals. A leaking Camry valve cover gasket will last 80-100k, the BMW one half of that max. etc.

But the driving feel and experience the BMW is way better vs the dull boring Camry.
Of the 4, 2 are new and 2 are used. The new ones of course during warranty no problem. Maintenance spoken here is after warranty. In fact the mechanic's brother one is new. After warranty kept a few more years then mechanic also ask him to change to camry.......hhahahhahaha

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How fast were you going? Mine when I last monitored was about 10.5 during a trip to Melaka. Was doing around 150 most of the time
Oh mine was full city driving. The 320i e90 was even better. About 10.9km/L conservative driving + jam.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The only BMW I have ever driven was the E36 M3. Excellent car but I still don't dare buy BMW or any European cars yet. What I don't like about the modern BMWs is no dipstick.
The digital meter is quite reliable and probably more accurate than dipstick as it measures everything rather than whats in the pan.

Izso, you buy Evo la! Got many E7s now on sale.
I've thought of it. I've had a lot of looks-see for E7s and all but I can't afford them as all are cash only and I don't have that much.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The only BMW I have ever driven was the E36 M3. Excellent car but I still don't dare buy BMW or any European cars yet. What I don't like about the modern BMWs is no dipstick.
Its ok. Most modern BMW drivers are dipshits anyway. Level up from Myvis.

How fast were you going? Mine when I last monitored was about 10.5 during a trip to Melaka. Was doing around 150 most of the time
6 cylinders, and you can keep it cruising at 150? Not itchy to go faster ah.

That being said, we should organize a meet at the ice cream shop

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The digital meter is quite reliable and probably more accurate than dipstick as it measures everything rather than whats in the pan.

I've thought of it. I've had a lot of looks-see for E7s and all but I can't afford them as all are cash only and I don't have that much.
Naah I prefer traditional dipstick. Meters require sensors and electronics which just complicate things.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Its ok. Most modern BMW drivers are dipshits anyway. Level up from Myvis.

6 cylinders, and you can keep it cruising at 150? Not itchy to go faster ah.

That being said, we should organize a meet at the ice cream shop
Hahaha, ok unfortunately I could not afford a modern BMW yet so cannot be a dipshit.

Ice cream shop?

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Cukup...? Your cruising average is 150.. mana cukup
My average ? more like my top, i have not had any chance to go above that in my every commute. Need an excuse to drive to JB or ipoh then can go faster than 150...Heck most of the the time I dont even hear the 105kmh speed beeper on my drives..

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
City driving. How fast can I go? And driving on highways I tend to keep it to 120km/h max.

Ice cream shop?
It's a place to meet in Damansara Kim

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I actually did consider this. But took a lot of convincing to look past the huge bills and constant maintenance needs. So whilst I love the way it drives, sounds and looks, I do not like how expensive maintaining it is. And its inherent flaws, but I'll probably never drive it hard enough to reveal those flaws anyway.

Actually - not really. I'm not an Evo fanboy. I'm not a boxer fanboy either. I like turbo but without the heft and weight. At the same time I like the NA screaming of VTEC in the K-series engines. I like all cars in general. As long as it makes me feel nice it's a good car.

maybe mk5 golf gti?

or perhaps like previously mentioned before... a SR20VET swapped nissan Xtrail.... :biggrin: sleeper...and it share base from normal SR20.. just slightly different head...

Reactions: gunnerzz

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
maybe mk5 golf gti?

or perhaps like previously mentioned before... a SR20VET swapped nissan Xtrail.... :biggrin: sleeper...and it share base from normal SR20.. just slightly different head...
Hmmm...that Xtrail sounds interesting.
Should be more comfortable and handles a bit better than a JZ swapped Pajero.
Very normal until it 'keciss' and we cant shake it off our back.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using proton wira 1.5 i (auto). I.m having a problem with the RPM of my car its very especially when I stopped a car and still in gear mode.The fuel pedal sometimes it makes a movement when I released it (can feel it slightly movement). Some of my friends said it due to the throttle body need to be services. Is it because of that ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience