All type of sound from my car... help !

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Hi, i own a 2008 satria neo 1.6 non-cps manual.

until recently (few months back) i start to hear all kind of sound coming from my car, i try to describe it as much as possible, hope sifu can help me diagnose what is the problem

1) when decelerate/ let go of pedal after moving, can hear "whining" sound, i suspect is my transmission problem, or maybe my engine?

2) actually when accelerate, also have this like "engine cannot breath" sound, which also sounded something like whining above (1), but decelerate the sound will be even louder...

3) when try to accelerate with a higher gear (for example suppose to be in 2nd gear but instead i have it in 3rd gear), there will be like loud sound something like loose bolt, clinging sound...i suspect is transmission also?

thanks in advance !

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
1+2 sounded like a transmission whine. High mileage car with hard driving can result to this.

3 is knocking;
-old engine with lots of carbon build up.
-improper timing
-bad timing belt/tensioner.
To solve, send for tune up. I bet its the carbon build up due to high mileage, cheapest way out is top overhaul.

3 could oso be busted engine mount to a point there is metal contact. engine tilt at different angle at different rpm.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
1+2 sounded like a transmission whine. High mileage car with hard driving can result to this.

3 is knocking;
-improper timing
To solve, send for tune up. I bet its the carbon build up due to high mileage, cheapest way out is top overhaul.

3 could oso be busted engine mount to a point there is metal contact. engine tilt at different angle at different rpm.

1+2, well...i did rev my car alot...almost every drive...haha crap...how much does it roughly cost to repair the transmission?

3 is knocking;
*this is possible, are those liqui moly jet clean tronic helpful in this case? i think it cost rm300 to do a cleaning session..

-improper timing
*what do you mean by this? what causes this?

*i have change my timing belt + tensioner few months back, it should be ok rite?

*thought of doing this but not sure is worth the money, this should resolve the famous campro "tek tek" sound also? (the tappet/shim thingy)

3 could oso be busted engine mount to a point there is metal contact. engine tilt at different angle at different rpm
i have just change my mounting less than 2 weeks ago...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If the knocking only appear after the timing belt change then i suggest checking the thing again.I f the timing belt is ok then depending on the mileage, top overhaul works best on high carbon build up

On the tranny, in MY most shop will just swap than repair.

Anyway is suggest getting a mech to check as whatever i write is based from how i understand what u read.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
If the knocking only appear after the timing belt change then i suggest checking the thing again.I f the timing belt is ok then depending on the mileage, top overhaul works best on high carbon build up

On the tranny, in MY most shop will just swap than repair.

Anyway is suggest getting a mech to check as whatever i write is based from how i understand what u read.

thanks for the advice

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1+2, well...i did rev my car alot...almost every drive...haha crap...how much does it roughly cost to repair the transmission?

3 is knocking;
*this is possible, are those liqui moly jet clean tronic helpful in this case? i think it cost rm300 to do a cleaning session..
Get a mechanic to check first, but for transmission, you can try adding lubegard MT additives. Not sure it will help, usually is prevention rather than cure, but some says it does helps, but also depends on the extent of damage.

For carbon cleaning best to do top overhaul where it is scrap of clean. Those added to petrol, or pump in while engine running does not clear much of it and if it is RM300, better off spending on top overhaul....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Get a mechanic to check first, but for transmission, you can try adding lubegard MT additives. Not sure it will help, usually is prevention rather than cure, but some says it does helps, but also depends on the extent of damage.

For carbon cleaning best to do top overhaul where it is scrap of clean. Those added to petrol, or pump in while engine running does not clear much of it and if it is RM300, better off spending on top overhaul....
You know where to find Lubeguard MT?

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
steering with minor vibration when static.

i change my mounting but problem still persist, any idea what can be the problem?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

i change my mounting but problem still persist, any idea what can be the problem?
Very long time ago when my mum still had her wira 1.5, it was the crank pulley that caused vibration after changing to new mount but still got minor vibration.

The crank pulley had rubber in between the steel to dampen vibration.Over the years, the rubber harden/shrink.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Very long time ago when my mum still had her wira 1.5, it was the crank pulley that caused vibration after changing to new mount but still got minor vibration.

The crank pulley had rubber in between the steel to dampen vibration.Over the years, the rubber harden/shrink.

oh..

i will ask the workshop to check that..thank you sifu

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019

btw, if i require to change he crank pulley, will it be better to change those aftermarket performance lightened crank pulley or change back the oem type?

i read that the aftermarket type do not have the harmonic dampener thing, is that bad?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

What car? What mounting did you change to? All mounts or only front and back?

btw, if i require to change he crank pulley, will it be better to change those aftermarket performance lightened crank pulley or change back the oem type?

i read that the aftermarket type do not have the harmonic dampener thing, is that bad?
If you're driving a Wira it'll most likely be a Siemens VDO variant and the Siemens VDO aftermarket crank pulley is very rare nowadays. Personally I'd recommend you change back to OEM unless you have a balanced engine and need to rebalance everything. Btw you should be able to see if the crank pulley is faulty or not just by visually inspecting it with the engine on. Wobbling (slight or extreme) can be seen with the naked eye and a torchlight.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I'm still new to turbo things, so would like to seek some informative help here.

I'm driving a Frontier now and I'm not sure how much is the stock boost. But it can be obtain by installing a boost meter. That's not a problem.

I would like to know if i boost up by 0.3 bar. Do I need to do other enhancements to the engine ? Diesel engines are known to be tough and strong but dont want to risk blowing up the engine. Do i need to enhanced the fueling ? or cooling ? Will boost up gave...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience